Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Wanstead Meet Up

(8 Posts)
loopyloo Fri 11-Sep-20 10:50:32

Hi everyone,
If anyone would like to meet up , we will be in the George Wanstead at 11am Thursday 17th September.
If weather permits we will sit outside and will not sit too close. Also if more than 6 people we will start another table.
We may be doing some sketching along with drinking coffee and chatting.
Looking forward to seeing you there.

loopyloo Fri 11-Sep-20 14:52:49

I hope the weather will be good.!

loopyloo Sun 13-Sep-20 15:36:04

Just to say we will be at the George this Thursday at 11 am unless ........Redbridge has gone into lockdown. Hope you are all well and looking forward to seeing people.

Niobe Sun 13-Sep-20 15:44:14

I will try to get there Loopyloo. I should be free but will keep a watch on the Redbridge situation re a local lockdown.

VeeScott Mon 14-Sep-20 14:18:10

Sorry to have missed you. Did anyone turn up loopyloo?

Niobe Mon 14-Sep-20 14:48:19

VeeScott, it’s for this coming Thursday, the 17th of September.

Franbern Thu 17-Sep-20 11:16:30

Hope you all have a good time today. Missing you all. When things return to normal will try to arrange visit to London to tie in with Wanstead meet up. Bit surprised you are still using Weatherspoons though

Niobe Fri 18-Sep-20 15:14:20

Franbern, we did discuss moving away from the George for our meet-ups but it is sooo convenient across the road from the Tube station , nearby buses, it’s own car park etc and decided to use it in the meantime. If we can come up with an alternative as convenient for everyone then of course we will rethink. Missed you!