Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Hi I just joined and am in ayrshire in scottieland

(71 Posts)
sparkytops Sun 22-Nov-20 14:10:39

Hello, I am in ayrshire, in scotland, and see most of the members seem to be in england, are there any members in scotland at all?? I lived in england for 25 years, bromley, dover, and horsham, all lovely places..but am in ayrshire and have been now for a few years...would be nice to know if there are any members semi near, so in better times we could possibly meet for a coffee and blether..but lockdown presently is tricky..stay safe everyone..

Wheniwasyourage Sun 22-Nov-20 14:29:51

Welcome sparkytops. Yes, there are Scottish GNers from all over the country. Some in and around Glasgow, some in and around Edinburgh, some in the North-East (like me) as well as plenty in other places. It would be nice to think that one day you could meet some other members!

Jane10 Sun 22-Nov-20 14:37:20

Hi. There are lots of us here in Scotland. Until Covid we had many meetings, events and lunches in various locations East, West and North. Hang in there and we'll start to meet up again once all 'this' is over.

baubles Sun 22-Nov-20 14:43:29

Lots of us about sparkytops, welcome to gransnet. As Jane says we used to have many meet-ups and will do again I’m sure.

paddyanne Sun 22-Nov-20 15:06:00

SCOTTIELAND?

Jane10 Sun 22-Nov-20 15:19:39

Are you one of these?

lemongrove Sun 22-Nov-20 15:23:29

Hello sparkytops is it cold up there at the moment?
Welcome to the forum, there are quite a few Scottish grans so am sure you will meet up when Covid finally vanishes.

lemongrove Sun 22-Nov-20 15:24:03

Jane.....that’s adorable?

Jane10 Sun 22-Nov-20 15:26:12

Alas there don't seem to be many Scotties left. They're dogs with such character too. sad

baubles Sun 22-Nov-20 15:47:42

I have a wee black miniature schnauzer which some older people mistake for a Scottie probably because there’s not many of them now.

sparkytops Mon 23-Nov-20 12:48:47

Hi thanks for replying I am in south ayrshire, and yes would be great when we get over covid for any of us who are semi near to meet for the odd coffee and chat, still trying to work out how to work this forum exactly too..but thanks for replying, its appreciated

sparkytops Mon 23-Nov-20 12:51:30

Yes, I often call my homeland scottieland as a term of affection thanks for replying, I am new here. joined a day or two ago..are you irish??

sparkytops Mon 23-Nov-20 12:54:03

Thanks for replying, yes it is a tad chilly, but dry..seems colder in southern england presently..Yes would be lovely to perhaps meet up after covid if anyone is reasonably near for a coffee and chat..

sparkytops Mon 23-Nov-20 12:55:03

what a gorgeous dog

sparkytops Mon 23-Nov-20 12:56:42

thank you baubles for replying much appreciated I only joined a couple of days ago.

ayse Mon 23-Nov-20 12:58:42

Wish I lived in Scotland. Hello and welcome. I live in the NE of England and am also looking forward to a more ‘normal’ life.

moggiek Mon 23-Nov-20 13:19:42

Hi, sparkly. I’m in North Ayrshire, West Kilbride.

moggiek Mon 23-Nov-20 13:20:22

Or even sparky!

Sparklefizz Mon 23-Nov-20 13:25:37

Hi sparky welcome to Gransnet. I'm not in Scotland but in the West of England, but plan to visit Scotland once the pandemic fades away.

Rufus2 Mon 23-Nov-20 13:27:38

Hello, I am in ayrshire, in scotland
sparkytops Hi1 I'm puzzled! Your mesage seems almost identical to a very recent one from "Flapperlady" also in Ayrshire and asking similar questions! confused

Have you had to change your nickname already?
OoRoo

sparkytops Mon 23-Nov-20 13:29:07

Thank you I am in troon..pleased that there are some fairly local, I am still not that great with sorting how to work the forum but will get there..and yes, maybe some of us can meet up when covid finally gets booted into touch..thank you so much for replying, nice to know some are in ayrshire..

Parsley3 Mon 23-Nov-20 13:30:05

Welcome. We are all looking forward to being able to meet up eventually . There are Grans from all over the World on here and many in Scotland like us so the craic is good.

sparkytops Mon 23-Nov-20 13:31:44

Hi I dont know who flapperlady is, I am a bit unsure how to work the forum, but I am sparkytops or sparklytops, think I made a mistake when starting to sign on, but I definitely am not flapperlady..how odd, and intriguing..I am still trying to figure out how to make sure my nickname is only sparkytops as I cant see where accounts is either to try to sort..but will get there..

ElaineI Mon 23-Nov-20 13:32:12

Hi welcome to Gransnet. I'm in Midlothian.

annodomini Mon 23-Nov-20 14:33:50

Born and bred in North Ayrshire, but long-time resident south of the Border, I am envious of your living in Troon, Sparkytops. I love the views over the Firth of Clyde, unbeatable, in my opinion! Troon's a favourite place for my nephew and his wife and twins for walking on the beach.