Gransnet forums

Meet ups/where are you?

Essex?

(14 Posts)
Pittcity Sun 09-Feb-14 10:29:12

Is anyone interested in a meet up in Essex?
There is a thread on the Colchester local site
You do not have to meet in Colchester and anyone is welcome to organise a meetup anywhere in Essex.

sparkledeb Sun 09-Feb-14 21:52:06

Where abouts are you pittcity??

Pittcity Sun 09-Feb-14 22:05:32

I am in Colchester.

Pittcity Wed 26-Feb-14 14:10:28

Is there anyone in Essex who would like to organise a fun event for Gransnet users?
Do you run parties from home or organise an event? Do you have a favourite cafe or park?
Would you like to meet others who are caring for toddlers, teenagers or aged parents?
Is it someone to go to the cinema or swimming with that would appeal to you?
The possibilities are endless.....

There are 4 local pages covering Essex: Colchester; Chelmsford; Thurrock and Southend. The first 3 sites all have local editors.

There are good public transport links between the main towns in all these areas so there's no excuse!

All local pages have their own forums for you to drum up local interest.

Why not ask or offer today?

Pittcity Sat 08-Mar-14 16:37:28

Crafty Mums, a shop in Colchester Town Centre, opposite Wilkinsons, have kindly offered us space and free refreshments for a meetup.
Would anyone be interested?
The offer is on the Gransnet Colchester forum.

Pittcity Tue 11-Mar-14 11:37:03

There is a meetup arranged in Chelmsford on Sat 22nd March. Two of us from Colchester hope to be there.
Anyone else want to join us?

gilred Sun 23-Mar-14 07:57:56

Morning everyone.I would like to suggest meeting in Romford,any day preferably morning.There is plenty of meeting places ranging from coffee shops to pubs.
Anyone interested?

numberplease Sun 23-Mar-14 21:52:34

Wondered if yesterday`s meeting took place?

Pittcity Wed 26-Mar-14 07:26:02

No it didn't numberplease.

Pittcity Wed 02-Apr-14 07:59:26

There is renewed interest in a meetup in Colchester town centre on the local forum.

Pittcity Wed 02-Apr-14 20:37:23

We have 3 confirmed for coffee at Williams and Griffin, Colchester on Thursday 8th May at 10.30am. Anyone else like to join us?

Pittcity Mon 28-Apr-14 10:01:04

Unfortunately I cannot attend the meetup in Colchester on 8th May, but feel free to continue without me.

Pittcity Mon 28-Apr-14 10:04:47

So, let's start again:

As far as I know there has not been a successful Gransnet Local meetup in the Essex area since Gransnet Local launched a year ago...you can read all about this above.

Can I make it clear that any Gransnetter can arrange a meetup anywhere in the country and advertise it on the National and Local meetup forums.

The meetup does not have to be arranged or attended by the local editor nor does it need any permission to use the Gransnet name. All we ask is that you add details to the website forums so that every registered member has a chance to attend if they wish.

Meetups can take any form. They do not have to be coffee and cake (although that is nice). You might like to invite local Gransnetters to an event that you are already having, such as a fundraiser or social event. You might consider a meeting with grandchildren at the park or indoor play area....there are loads of possibilities, but is anyone interested?

Please feel free to add a date, time and place to the forums and we will see who's up for it!! brew cupcake

Pittcity Wed 14-May-14 08:31:51

Hoping to see some of you at the Alderwood Care Home Open Day in Colchester on Thursday 22nd May.