Gransnet forums

News & politics

Pollsters predict shock Tory Losses

(184 Posts)
GracesGranMK2 Tue 30-May-17 23:04:42

I'm not sure if it was done on the usual basis Jen.

"The poll allows for big variations, however, and suggests that the Tories could get as many as 345 seats on a good night, 15 more than at present, and as few as 274 seats on a bad night."

It looks like the modelling is controversial (especially with Tories I would think) but they used it during the referendum and it always had leave ahead.

Ah - found it.
The model is based on 50,000 interviews over the course of a week, with voters from a panel brought together by YouGov.

This, apparently allows a different and more complex assessment - the details are in the article.

durhamjen Tue 30-May-17 23:04:06

I give away jars of jam and chutney. Is that a problem?
My grandson helps me make them.

Smileless2012 Tue 30-May-17 23:02:40

You can't go by the polls, when was the last time any of them got it right? I'm crossing my fingers for TM, I might end up crossing my legs too but not my eyes; never have been able to do thatgrin.

Anniebach Tue 30-May-17 23:02:29

Good on the One Show? Do you mean he gave away a jar of jam?

petra Tue 30-May-17 22:58:24

Stephan Shakespeare, the founder of YouGov predicted that remain would win the referendum.

durhamjen Tue 30-May-17 22:53:08

I was expecting something like that today, after last night's Paxman programme.
Newsnight is on at the moment with pensioners and young voters.
"Care is not a money sink."

Corbyn was good on The One Show tonight as well.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 30-May-17 22:49:31

Very hard VQ, very hard. I think it shows just how upset people were by the Dementia Tax.

vampirequeen Tue 30-May-17 22:47:50

Fingers crossed.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 30-May-17 22:42:27

YouGov estimate points to hung parliament with 20 fewer seats for May

Its only one poll but a very large one predicting a Conservative Party loss of 20 seats and Labour gain of nearly 30 leading to a hung parliament.