Gransnet forums

News & politics

Nigel Farage to start new Brexit Party.

(88 Posts)
Day6 Fri 08-Feb-19 17:34:25

So reports the Telegraph.

It's breaking news. He is reported as saying UKIP is dead in the water but millions will join a Brexit Party. The way the EU negotiations are shaping up, I imagine all the Leavers consigned to hell by the EU's Donald Tusk will be right behind him.

petra Fri 08-Feb-19 17:38:48

Day6
I've been reading about this party for some weeks. So have the eu and it appears that they would rather have a no deal than another 'UKIP' party RE the European elections.

Day6 Fri 08-Feb-19 17:45:49

'Thousands of Tory party members' to defect to Nigel Farage's Brexit Party as it gets official approval"

www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/02/08/thousands-tory-party-members-defect-nigel-farages-brexit-party/

Nigel Farage, the former Ukip leader who is supporting the party, said "the engine is running" and he stood "ready for battle" to fight the Tories and Labour if European Parliament elections are held on May 23

He is thinking that we will still be in the EU in May? So, he could be keen for purely selfish motives - retaining his MEP role? confused

Day6 Fri 08-Feb-19 17:57:16

www.france24.com/en/20190208-farages-new-brexit-party-wins-official-recognition

Bridgeit Fri 08-Feb-19 17:57:25

He Should be renamed Nigel Forage as it seems he cannot help himself from Foraging around causing chaos & division feeding on & dishing out seeds of discontentment with out ever having to produce a palatable dish of his own.

Day6 Fri 08-Feb-19 17:59:01

We live in very interesting times......

I think this party's expansion hinges on the way we leave/don't leave the EU in March.

lemongrove Fri 08-Feb-19 18:08:20

Hopefully won’t be needed!

M0nica Fri 08-Feb-19 18:15:22

At the same time there is more talk of a group of Labour MPs breaking away to form a new Centrist party.

Lily65 Fri 08-Feb-19 18:18:35

Good old Nige.

Framilode Fri 08-Feb-19 18:20:21

What an apalling man.

trisher Fri 08-Feb-19 18:26:26

To start one party might be looked on as a mistake, to start two looks like desperation!

petra Fri 08-Feb-19 18:39:50

He's not going to launch this party until if/when it looks as if article 50 is going to be extended.
I would assume that some MPs are afraid, very afraid and so they should, voting against what their constituents wanted.

Lily65 Fri 08-Feb-19 18:48:03

Do you like him petra?

MaizieD Fri 08-Feb-19 19:52:30

I would assume that some MPs are afraid, very afraid and so they should, voting against what their constituents wanted.

Like Kate Hooey, for example?

paddyann Fri 08-Feb-19 22:55:58

Like the "scottish" tories you mean? Scotland voted remain yet these quislings are supporting party over the people who voted for them .Roll on a GE and we can get rid of them ,hopefully for good,but at least until they put THEIR country before party.

RosieLeah Sat 09-Feb-19 07:03:28

Lily65, it makes no difference whether you like the man or not. What matters is 'Is he someone who will get things done?'. Mrs May is useless, this country is on the decline thanks to her and her sycophantic party. We need a strong party to take over this country and put some pride and self-respect back into it. I'm not just talking about leaving the EU, I mean a party which will tackle crime, reform the education system, and so many other aspects of modern life which are destroying this country.

MaizieD Sat 09-Feb-19 07:50:49

Oh, hello, RosieLeah.

You never did tell us about all those petty EU rules that have been blighting your life for years. We'd still love to know...

Anja Sat 09-Feb-19 07:51:46

Can someone explains this to me as I just don’t ‘get’ it.

The lovely Nigel wants to form a Brexit Party to do what? He surely hasn’t time to get it up and running in the time left. Or do most people think we will ask for (and get?) an extension of Article 50?

I agree that May is useless, and worse delusional. And she lies. But I think it’s too late now that she has wasted all these last couple of years.

petra Sat 09-Feb-19 08:23:09

trisher
Nigel Farage did not start this new party. It was formed by a woman called Catherine Blaiklock.

Lily65 Sat 09-Feb-19 09:35:27

Rosie.....the person who will " get things done" needs to have integrity though surely?

jura2 Sat 09-Feb-19 09:43:29

it is all beginning to sound like 1933 sad

trisher Sat 09-Feb-19 09:52:09

petra why spoil a good joke and almost quote by insisting on the truth?

M0nica Sat 09-Feb-19 10:55:13

Another 1 policy party. The Brexit Party.

Nigel is clearly a man who cannot multi-taskgrin

Lily65 Sat 09-Feb-19 11:26:38

I want to start a party, the pudding party. This would be huge industrial sized vans that stop at every street corner and dole out portions of hearty British puddings. Jam roly poly, spotted dick, bread and butter pudding would feature , served with a choice of custard or icecream.

Urmstongran Sat 09-Feb-19 11:31:58

Count me in as one of your voters Lily65 ?