Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn's long game - driving journalists crazy- and you?

(258 Posts)
jura2 Mon 18-Mar-19 11:55:08

Certainly me- same with his close acolytes- never ever answering a direct question:

news.sky.com/video/share-11668308?fbclid=IwAR3pTX4HLh5lBMtW5RcJlHzr1lb9_vbZfvib1NDK2Oa5CGxy-8mO_ZxgyI0

What about you? He is still going on about being able to quickly negotiate a Norway style deal without any of the strings and responsibilities attached.

lemongrove Wed 28-Aug-19 22:47:23

Ready for panic buying? But that would be panic buying if we did as you suggest!
I’m not stocking up with anything ahead of time.

Grandad1943 Wed 28-Aug-19 22:42:10

If a vote of no confidence is carried by the House of Commons next week or Britain crashes out of the European Union with no deal and there is widespread disruption in the supply chain, then Jeremy Corbyn will be very much a Prime Minister in waiting.

The above would certainly be the end of the ERG/Tory party without a doubt.

Stock up your Brexit cupboards Ladies ready for panic buying as Johnsons no-deal Brexit approaches.

Having had a working connection with the Road Transport industry for over forty years, we have.

jura2 Wed 28-Aug-19 21:00:02

oh I can - Johnson or any from ERG.

Opal Wed 28-Aug-19 20:58:05

Urmstongran - God forbid he's a PM in waiting, I can't think of anything worse for this country.

lemongrove Wed 28-Aug-19 20:55:56

Yes, I saw that, Corbyn wasn’t in the least angry, his tone belied his words, and we all know that he wants us to leave the EU, but he not a good enough actor to convince anyone is he?

Urmstongran Wed 28-Aug-19 20:32:09

*parody

Urmstongran Wed 28-Aug-19 20:31:53

Has anyone seen Jeremy's performance in that brief ITV news interview ?

Is this a PM in waiting ?? - his mini speech was so poor that it's beyond parady.

Momentum have done this country a huge disservice.

jura2 Wed 14-Aug-19 16:05:06

I think most of them have decided, Jeremy as not sad and McCluskey is pulling the strings anyhow.

Anniebach Wed 14-Aug-19 12:08:37

They haven’t decided,

POGS Wed 14-Aug-19 12:00:11

Anybody!

Is Labour a LEAVE or REMAIN Party?

jura2 Fri 09-Aug-19 21:10:09

yep THAT is the question- some are, some are not and everything in between. It's a mystery sad

POGS Fri 09-Aug-19 20:38:08

Grany

Grany Fri 09-Aug-19 13:56:04

"In those circumstances, I want to make it clear that Labour would campaign for Remain against either No Deal or a Tory deal that does not protect the economy and jobs."
----

Corbyn has said in a 2nd Refendum / Peoples Vote Labour would campaign to ' Remain', agreed.

BUT

Corbyn says if Labour won a General ection Labour would negotitiate a better deal than the Conservatives.

Hence the question that is simple.

Is Labour a Party of Remain or Leave????

jura2 Fri 09-Aug-19 14:47:31

... and without the backstop or proper arrangements for the EU/Irish border and UK/NI border- that protects EU countries' interests fairly, and respect the Good Friday Agreement.

It doesn't matter it Mrs May asks, or Johnson or Corbyn - it just can't and won't happen.

jura2 Fri 09-Aug-19 14:41:15

Grany: '... a Tory deal that does not protect the economy and jobs.'

such a deal is just not possible - that has been made clear again and again, and it totally makes sense. It is not the EU being 'difficult' or 'intransigeant' - it is just plain common sense that no country can ask for all the advantages, but none of the responsibilities.

Anniebach Fri 09-Aug-19 14:11:41

But labour does not want a people’s vote and Corbyn is not a supporter of remain

Grany Fri 09-Aug-19 13:56:04

The Prime Minister should have the confidence to put their deal, or No Deal, back to the people in a public vote.

In those circumstances, I want to make it clear that Labour would campaign for Remain against either No Deal or a Tory deal that does not protect the economy and jobs.

jura2 Fri 09-Aug-19 09:42:24

and what now?

Anniebach Sun 28-Jul-19 18:45:11

Not by all

jura2 Sun 28-Jul-19 18:30:55

Grandad- your wisdom is required here

Anniebach Sun 28-Jul-19 18:16:35

They will vote against ‘no deal’, that’s as far as they have reached.

Corbyn wants out so he isn’t going to fight for remain.

POGS Sun 28-Jul-19 18:10:55

So is Labour a LEAVE or REMAIN Party as of today?

Has there been a concrete answer with a General Election looming?

jura2 Sun 28-Jul-19 16:16:51

Yes, you are correct.

Grandad1943 Sun 28-Jul-19 16:15:47

jura2 Quote [ Of course it is Grandad 'Oh, this crisis is nothing to do with the Tory Party whatsoever. grin

Excuses.....Excuses......Excuses, as usual from the right wing on the forum.' End Quote.

jura2, what you quote above was stated by me in an alternative thread today. I have not gone back through previous posts in this thread, but I feel sure I have not made a post here for a least two weeks.

Anniebach Sun 28-Jul-19 16:14:14

How can his current position on Brexit be discussed ? He hasn’t decided

jura2 Sun 28-Jul-19 16:01:39

yes it does, and yes I do. But it is not helpful to just shout 'anti-semitism' anytime the LP is mentionned. So this is a polite request to stick to Corbyn's current position on Brexit. Thanks.