Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn's long game - driving journalists crazy- and you?

(257 Posts)
jura2 Mon 18-Mar-19 11:55:08

Certainly me- same with his close acolytes- never ever answering a direct question:

news.sky.com/video/share-11668308?fbclid=IwAR3pTX4HLh5lBMtW5RcJlHzr1lb9_vbZfvib1NDK2Oa5CGxy-8mO_ZxgyI0

What about you? He is still going on about being able to quickly negotiate a Norway style deal without any of the strings and responsibilities attached.

jura2 Mon 18-Mar-19 12:08:10

Even such an experienced journalist as Emily Maitlis is ready to throttle them

youtu.be/PNZZS7GFRz0

Jane10 Mon 18-Mar-19 12:10:28

It's obvious that he just doesn't know what he's doing. Promoted way beyond his competence. I feel sorry for the more able Labour MPs.

Anniebach Mon 18-Mar-19 12:33:08

Oil slick on legs

jura2 Mon 18-Mar-19 12:37:08

I think journalists should ask the question 3 times- and if they don't answer- just tell them they are cutting them off, and do it. Done.

EllanVannin Mon 18-Mar-19 12:39:28

He's hopeless isn't he ? The party has left itself wide open for another Conservative government should there be another GE in the near future.

jura2 Mon 18-Mar-19 12:44:05

And even worse- his lack of clear opposition may well throw us into a disastrous NO Deal. In many ways, I would be more angry with him than Mrs May. I am no fan of hers- but at least she has tried, so hard, to find a way ...

Anniebach Mon 18-Mar-19 14:18:57

He is only concerned with a general election ,doesn’t want to anger remainers or leavers, sits in the fence trying the impossible, pleasing all of the people all of the time .

maryeliza54 Mon 18-Mar-19 14:32:58

EM’s behaviour was disgraceful and unprofessional

jura2 Mon 18-Mar-19 14:37:56

not at all- I totally understood and shared here frustration- which was shown to all sides. She expressed the massive annoyance so many of us feel- again, on all sides.

jura2 Mon 18-Mar-19 14:40:09

As in this one - love the 'park the unicorns' bit:

youtu.be/YBfTdHK4-zw

Anja Mon 18-Mar-19 15:22:35

Whereas the Blesséd Theresa May.........?

trisher Mon 18-Mar-19 15:37:58

So we have a government whose proposals even cabinet ministers are voting against, that the attorney general evidently doesn't speak to, that is led by a woman who seems to be imitating her namesake, that has suffered the biggest defeat in the history of parliament and you want to criticise Corbyn!!!!

eazybee Mon 18-Mar-19 15:51:17

Theresa May's ills, evils and complete ineptitude still do not make Corbyn appear as an alternative leader.
Driving journalists crazy?
Now at last I understand the point of him.

varian Wed 20-Mar-19 22:11:41

It seems that Theres May invited the leaders of all the opposition parties to a meeting tonight and Corbyn went off in a strop because Chukka Omunna was there.

GillT57 Wed 20-Mar-19 22:22:40

He has been handed election victory on a plate, the current conservative administration is eating itself and still he cannot get it right. I am angrier with him than I am with Teresa May, he is weak and ineffectual and is not an effective opposition. He has sat on the Brexit fence for so long he must have splinters in his arse. What a let down he is.

rosamund132 Wed 20-Mar-19 22:24:18

The difference between Corbyn and May is that May is serving her country and Corbyn is serving himself. EU leaders have said time and again he is deluded if he thinks he can negotiate a different Deal. This is the EU Deal; not just Theresa May's and it must be accepted, voted for and the UK allowed to get on with everything else that is being sidelined.

rosamund132 Wed 20-Mar-19 22:27:42

Please tell your MP how you want them to vote. I want to know the vote reflects the British People and not a political elite who are refusing to accept the fact that this is the EU's Deal with the UK and nothing can be changed. Has your MP asked you your opinion? No? Then TELL THEM !

maryeliza54 Wed 20-Mar-19 22:28:32

TIG is NOT a political party FFS - we don’t even know where they are getting their funding frim. TM is a mad goady fucker

MaizieD Wed 20-Mar-19 22:34:44

I don't think May is serving her country at all. She's serving the tory party and her own xenophobia. She's desperate to keep the tory party together, as was Cammeron when he came up with his wizard wheeze of holding a really badly thought out referendum. Our country is being torn apart for the sake of tory unity.

I actually suspect that Corbyn has got something kind of agreed in principle with the EU. He had a few meetings with them. I think that his negotiating stance would have been more consensual and more successful. Though I know I shall get flamed for saying this!

May went at it like a bull in a china shop, mistaking aggression for firmness. Painted herself into a corner with all those red lines and can't get herself out of it.

Anniebach Wed 20-Mar-19 22:37:36

Corbyn Can outdo May on ills, evils and ineptitude ,

EllanVannin Wed 20-Mar-19 22:47:38

All Corbyn's been doing is criticising TM from start to finish. There's no substance in whatever he has to say, his main aim to create a division between all parties including his own. His past militant lifestyle is coming through for all to see.

He'd walked out of a meeting tonight because Chuka Umunna had been invited. Is it because Chuka could run rings around him ? Of course it is !

maryeliza54 Wed 20-Mar-19 22:49:23

Really ab really ? She is the fucking PM and she is taking us to hell in a handcart. She is the fucking PM - she chose to be the PM. She was a racist HS - she has no idea what normal life is like. She has never had to worry about money, access to health cars, poor education for her SEN child, inadequate social care for her parents, paying her mortgage, her fuel bills. She has no idea about anything at all. No idea at all.

maryeliza54 Wed 20-Mar-19 22:51:09

What part of the TIG group is not a political party do people not understand? Not a political party - who funds them? Who cares? We are fucked as a country, completely fucked

NfkDumpling Wed 20-Mar-19 22:52:32

Sooo .... Does Mr Corbyn want to leave the EU?

If he was this wishy-washy when he talked with them, I bet he has no idea what he may or may not get from them and they’re still wondering what the hell he wanted apart from platitudes.