Gransnet forums

News & politics

Our NHS is being privatised

(75 Posts)
Grany Sat 11-May-19 20:17:40

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-48200555?fbclid=IwAR34qW-B0BfEpC4m51b2qv6Wguf5r-bHMyGJrIS-BvE2rlW1dkBefyJs6Y4

Grany Sat 11-May-19 21:04:57

Quote: The NHS will last as long as there are folk with faith left to fight for it.
Aneurin Bevan
The Tories want to sell it off as an American Insurance model GPS asked to sign new GP Contract by 15th May do they know what they are signing?

janeainsworth Sat 11-May-19 21:09:44

The article in the link is about patients having to queue for appointments in Wellingborough.
I can’t see anything about privatisation confused

Grany Sat 11-May-19 21:11:15

In the photo link is about the new GP contract

janeainsworth Sat 11-May-19 21:43:21

Yes, but it doesn’t really say what the new contract requires of doctors, does it?

And being realistic, what happens to doctors if they don’t sign it?
Does that mean they no longer have a job in the NHS?

Grany Sat 11-May-19 22:07:57

I guess it's about not alowing the Tories to bring in through stealth massive change to the NHS and how GPs would have to operate in future. Many don't know this is happening nor the general public.
Our NHS would cease to exist this would quickly usher in a USA health insurance model.

There are some health professionals and Drs trying to fight this and worn people what's happening.

Dr Bob Gill is one he has made a film The great NHS heist and I am reading a book The Deceit Syndrome a novel written by a DrPaul Hobday about what's happening to our NHS.

tanith Sat 11-May-19 22:25:41

It’s been happening for many years to my knowledge, the privatisation of the NHSthat is and it’ll be a sorry day for all of us.

kittylester Sun 12-May-19 07:31:13

I honestly dont think gps are dim!

Whitewavemark2 Sun 12-May-19 07:39:07

Information concerning privatisation

www.opendemocracy.net/en/ournhs/the-latest-multi-billion-pound-move-in-nhs-privatisation-is-the-endgame-in-sight/

Whitewavemark2 Sun 12-May-19 07:41:09

And this. There is masses of information ought there about plans to privatise. The governments only problem is how to do it without the voter either understanding what is happening or noticing.

www.redpepper.org.uk/the-government-is-trying-to-rebrand-nhs-privatisation/

Iam64 Sun 12-May-19 08:15:11

I don't think the government's has a problem in how to do it without the voter undersigning or noticing - I'm astounded at the apathy about what's happening to the NHS. The stealth privatisation is growing a pace. Dentists, then podiatry services, physiotherapy etc. The delays in being seen, assessed then put on a waiting list for treatment for fairly straight forward things like cataracts drives many who can afford it to have it done privately. A two tier service is growing a pace. I haven't heard any convincing howling from the Labour Party - is that I haven't been listening?

bikergran Sun 12-May-19 08:26:25

The poster looks a bit amateurish somehow, like whipped up on a computer. hmm..

Grany Sun 12-May-19 08:40:04

Whitewavemark2 Yes there is lots of info out there for people to find if they knew that the NHS was being sold off privatised.

Here is all the things Labour would do if they were in government. labour.org.uk/manifesto/healthcare-for-all/

And Labour and its supporters are campaigning and trying to get the message out there so people will know what is happening. The MSM don't report what is happening.

Grany Sun 12-May-19 09:15:41

Why your GP should not to sign

twitter.com/Underground_RT/status/1126900896846307328?s=20

maryeliza54 Sun 12-May-19 09:39:08

The trouble with howling Iam is that the howling needs reporting by MSM and there is no balanced or fair reporting in general of Labour as well you know. This creeping privatisation is a very clever tactic. When waiting lists, appointment times etc are problematic it is then presented as a problem created by the NHS’s failures not the underpinning policies since 2010. Meanwhile let’s all vote BP and adulate NF as their NHS policies are to die for ( pun intended)

maryeliza54 Sun 12-May-19 09:41:15

PS in my area Richard Branson took hundreds of thousands out of our local NHS budgets when he successfully sued for losing a contract for children’s health services. Nice.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 12-May-19 10:04:25

Labour allowed cleaning, catering etc to be outsourced to private companies, they started the privatisation ball rolling.

MaizieD Sun 12-May-19 10:15:04

Labour allowed cleaning, catering etc to be outsourced to private companies, they started the privatisation ball rolling.

I beg your pardon GG13. Privatisation started under the tories. It was Thatcher's government which started the ball rolling with privatisation of 'hotel services'. I worked in the NHS (in a 'hotel service') right up until just before Thatcher came in in 1979. There was no privatisation at all at that period.

So why are you telling downright LIES here? Are you taking lessons from your illustrious leader?

maryeliza54 Sun 12-May-19 10:18:11

Is that supposed to make it all right GG? What sort of riposte is that? Labour were wrong to do that and what’s happened since 2010 is actually qualitatively not just quantatively different. So playground - he started it so I can carry on. <sigh>

maryeliza54 Sun 12-May-19 10:20:31

Thanks Maziefor clarification yes Labour continued the policy not instigated it and they were wrong to do that.

MaizieD Sun 12-May-19 10:22:34

Blimey, maryeliza, Labour most emphatically didn't start the privatisation ball rolling.

I am surprised that you don't seem know that.shock

GrannyGravy13 Sun 12-May-19 10:25:35

It does not make it ok!

I am against privatisation!

The NHS is struggling for a multitude of reasons - the understanding and diagnosis of more diseases, the ability to cure and save more lives, an ever increasing population combined with layers of unnecessary management together with appalling purchasing contracts.

When the NHS came into existence nobody had a clue what medical and surgical advancements would be made in the coming 70 years.

There needs to be a general overhaul of many things - privatisation is not the answer.

MaizieD Sun 12-May-19 10:25:44

Xpost!

Well, NewLabour were just tory lite, weren't they?

They did achieve lots of good things; I preferred their tory-liteness to actual toryness, but they really let themselves down in some areas.

MaizieD Sun 12-May-19 10:28:31

I am against privatisation!

You have just made me laugh out loud, GG13

Didn't you know that a long held ambition of the Blessed Nige is to privatise the NHS?

You also haven't apologised for lying about who initiated privatisation.

maryeliza54 Sun 12-May-19 10:32:26

So GG why did you just have to get the cheap anti Labour shot in first rather than your what you said in your later post?
Mazie I did know but I was so irritated by GG s post I didn’t think properly - I just hate the he started it argument which is so intellectually bankrupt.