tonight 18.55pm.

Cherrytree59 Tue 14-May-19 15:24:14

Thank you Firecracker will watch .

maryeliza54 Tue 14-May-19 15:28:05

Well it shouldn’t take long should it?

Urmstongran Tue 14-May-19 15:50:52

That made me giggle maryeliza!

jura2 Tue 14-May-19 18:15:30

How can any part run without any Manifesto !?!

maryeliza54 Tue 14-May-19 18:24:48

It’s not really a party is it? It’s a cult with a self-appointed Messiah. It’s followers could be called Faragistas.

varian Tue 14-May-19 18:34:30

Is this the fifth or sixth party political broadcast from the so-called brexit party that has been aired by the Brexit Broadcasting Corporation in the last week?

Day6 Tue 14-May-19 18:34:53

Ha ha maryeliza You sound rather rattled.

The electoral commission has registered and recognises The Brexit Party and given its incredibly fast rate of growth since its inception, you are right to be worried. grin

Slurs regarding its followers now? Oh how surprising - not. Name-calling is infantile. A fairly typical (three year long) response from Remainers though. hmm

varian Tue 14-May-19 18:35:58

Fast rate of growth??? How many actual members (not supporters with no voting rights) does it actually have?

Day6 Tue 14-May-19 18:36:10

Thanks Firecracker. I'll watch that later on.

crystaltipps Tue 14-May-19 18:37:35

It’ll be preaching to the choir.

maryeliza54 Tue 14-May-19 18:41:56

I’m not rattled, it’s not a party whatever has been registered with the EC. Still his disciples are clearly happy enough and stupid enough to not think that they should be able to join and heavens above contribute to policy making and decisions. He’s going to do very well obvs.

Mycatisahacker Wed 15-May-19 12:51:30

Thankyou b interesting to watch. Let’s feed back later tonight. I have my grandson for the night so will record

Grany Fri 17-May-19 08:31:49

Who funds Farage's Brexit Party? Chanel 4 News

www.channel4.com/news/nigel-farages-funding-secrets-revealed

Apparently it's mainly older people voting for this party.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 17-May-19 08:54:38

This

pbs.twimg.com/media/D6v9CSPXkAEtiZF?format=jpg&name=large

Whitewavemark2 Fri 17-May-19 08:57:55

Pound shop Enoch Powell

Good description

Whitewavemark2 Fri 17-May-19 09:02:36

Always worth a reminder

mobile.twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1128946811400589312/photo/1

Lovetopaint037 Fri 17-May-19 09:13:32

Before voting look at the link that Grany has posted above. It is the channel 4 investigation into Farage and his lavish lifestyle. The smile came off that grinning face when asked questions which should be answered before votes are cast.

BlueBelle Fri 17-May-19 09:56:31

whitewave love that 😂I couldn’t have put it better

varian Fri 17-May-19 10:16:40

Campaigners brand Farage a 'conman' as video surfaces of MEP boasting about salary

www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/nigel-farage-boasts-about-money-from-mep-job-1-6049103

varian Fri 17-May-19 10:17:44

'How to profit from the world's water crisis': a dig into Annunziata Rees-Mogg's articles

www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/annunziata-rees-mogg-business-articles-1-6050335

Whitewavemark2 Fri 17-May-19 17:51:57

Some more wise words

mobile.twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1129415123309924353/photo/1

Labaik Fri 17-May-19 18:18:36

Having just watched ChangeUK being interviewed on the BBC I'm wondering if the Brexit Party got quite such a grilling when they [ie Farage] were on yesterday. Unfortunately it means I'm going to have to find the interview and watch it having made an effort to avoid Farage as much as possible #notgoodformyhealth

Firecracker123 Fri 17-May-19 18:21:32

What's that saying "When you start taking flak, you know you're over the target".

varian Fri 17-May-19 18:30:00

After the expose of Farage's funding by Channell 4, Farage was asked if Arron Banks had funded him since the referendum to the tune of £450,000, paying for rent, cars, bodyguards, flights, etc. FARAGE DENIED IT.

Arron Banks has now admitted it was absolutely TRUE.

How on earth does liar Farage continue to get away with it? Do his supporters condone lies? Do they not realise that they should never believe a word he says?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5qxehLbHiQ

Urmstongran Sat 18-May-19 19:52:21

Apparently because the money wasn’t anything to do with Brexit varian it was given to Nigel Farage by Arron Banks just after the referendum to help set him up in the media in America. A new venture nothing to do with politics here.

He didn’t say anything because it was a personal thing but Arron Banks disclosed it (which was his prerogative).

varian Sat 18-May-19 21:48:38

Farage was bound to disclose it as an MEP.

jura2 Sat 18-May-19 21:58:35

Urmstongran- do you actually believe your own post- really ?!? ... a new venture nothing to do with politics - a personal thing. Honestly? ahahahahahahah ding ding ding it's got bells on it.

Grany Sun 19-May-19 05:41:49

jura2 Agree with you ha ha Urmstongran you are defending the indefensible Farage. ha ha

Whitewavemark2 Sun 19-May-19 14:35:49

Don’t forget that if you are going to vote as a protest and your vote goes to the BP, Farage will see that as a vote for far right policies. If you are ok with this then fine, but if not don’t feed the wretched and dangerous man.

crystaltipps Sun 19-May-19 14:38:46

What personal thing? Renting a £4m Chelsea pad? Buying a Range Rover and employing a driver? Paying off his ex wives?

varian Sun 19-May-19 15:30:13

During an appearance on BBC Radio 5 Live, Lucy Harris a member of the Brexit Party who is running in the European Elections in Yorkshire and Humber claimed that we might not see any benefits for another 30 years.

The clip, which also features pro-EU activists Femi Oluwole and Madeleina Kay, as well as presenter Nicky Campbell, Harris, states that Brexit must take place 'at any cost.'

www.indy100.com/article/brexit-party-eu-elections-lucy-harris-economy-30-years-8919786

Brexit supporters -just watch this video and then tell us whether that's OK for you. Most of us won't even be here in thirty years. This brexit nonsense is utter madness.

varian Sun 19-May-19 15:45:35

Researchers have noticed that a portion of the Brexit Party’s Twitter followers aren’t behaving like they’re genuine people.

Nigel Farage’s party, which is predicted to do well in the upcoming European elections, has 136,000 Twitter followers, however two researchers for BuzzFeed News who studied the behaviour of some of those accounts suggest they might not be real.

One account that was set up in March tweeted 23,000 tweets in the first three months, with the vast majority of its tweets about Brexit. That’s approximately 255 tweets a day.

“This isn’t how we’d expect normal people with diverse interests to behave,” Professor Kalina Bontcheva at the University of Sheffield told Buzzfeed.

Andy Patel, researcher at a cybersecurity company called F-Secure added: “This campaign is utilising large numbers of low-quality accounts, including very new accounts and non-UK accounts, to amplify content from a handful of high-profile pro-Leave Twitter personalities.”

BuzzFeed went on to provide the researchers 30 Twitter accounts following the Brexit Party for analysis, and less than 24 hours later, seven of those accounts had been suspended for breach of policy.

www.indy100.com/article/brexit-party-nigel-farage-twitter-following-behaviour-fake-genuine-accounts-8920681

Whitewavemark2 Sun 19-May-19 20:18:24

There is another issue beginning to cause alarm.

Postal votes have to be requested. Dan Snow revieved his and a Brexit Party leaflet fell out along with the postal vote.

This must be illegal? It is being looked at.

What a spiv Farage is

Mycatisahacker Sun 19-May-19 21:04:26

Look these rumours are just fuelling the fire of fake news!

There are and were lies, liars and shoddy work on all sides.

We need to shut up demonising one side or the other

jura2 Sun 19-May-19 21:09:25

Not that old chestnut again. No, on one side were massive and intentional lies, massive fraud, foreign and illegal interference and funding, secret and illegal targeting - and more.

On the other side was some expert advice and predictions, which have not all happened (yet)- partly because the GVT has shored up the system. Totally different.

varian Sun 19-May-19 21:18:40

There is absolutely no equivalence and honest leavers do themsees no credit pretending that there is.

Mycatisahacker Sun 19-May-19 21:25:28

Oh dear varian old echo chamber again it really is.

Urmstongran Sun 19-May-19 21:29:19

Oh do give over Remainers! Pure as the driven snow were they, the Remain protagonists? Hehe!

Good and bad both sides as Mycat said.

Pots & kettles.

Let’s get past this if we can. It’s like a stuck record.

Mycatisahacker Sun 19-May-19 21:32:08

Honestly my mental health has improved since I stopped supporting one political party labour and no look objectively at them all.

jura2 Sun 19-May-19 21:33:47

Well, let's get the proof of the pudding. Give us some Remain side lies (not advice/predictions) and we will discuss one by one- and if necessary work out if equivalent or not.

Mycatisahacker Sun 19-May-19 21:50:03

Irmstrongran

Seriously since Brexit I have been reminded so much of my childhood.

But but miss she said/he said/we knew/they knew/she lied/he lied!!!!

So so tiresome

For gods sake!!! Move on

jura2 Sun 19-May-19 21:54:37

You made allegations- so stand by them 'There are and were lies, liars and shoddy work on all sides.'

so ... fire away, the question was very specific.

Or is it like the Laws you want to get back from the EU - with exemples that somehow never ever come up, perhaps?

Mycatisahacker Sun 19-May-19 22:45:23

Andrew Neil and James Mc Grory! Outright lies and deceit. For one

Farrage no better!

Lies on both and all sides.

Once you accept that it’s a far more mature sensible debate

crystaltipps Mon 20-May-19 05:17:15

The idea that two wrongs make a right seem to be used consistently by Farage apologists. It doesn’t the matter that he’s a liar/ breaks the rules....etc

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 07:40:36

There are calls for an inquiry into BP funding.

Gordon Brown has written to the Electoral Commission insist on an urgent and essential investigation into its finances.

“Democracy willl be fatally undermined if he BPs finances are unexplained, unreportedand thus undeclared from where, we do not know and being used to influence elections.”
It is feared that multiple unexplained small donations are in fact dirty money.
(We know of the masses of donations all for £499, which should immediately set alarm bells ringing, together with the suggestion that they are not emanating from the U.K.)

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 08:53:44

Ok one more time!

They are all liars and all sides change manifesto promises all sides were guilty in the expenses scandles!

Have you forgotten the pledge by Corbyn to ‘deal with student debt’ have you forgotten the tuition fees debarcle from the Lib Dem’s.

Of course Farrage has lied too. They All do.

Ffs! Brexit is happening let’s get in with it all pulling together and move on.

Good grief.

varian Mon 20-May-19 09:07:27

The lady doth protest too much. Repeating a wrong assertion does not make it true.

The only other British politician with a record of lying almost as bad as liar Farage is Boris Johnson.

I think most leavers know this just as Trunp supporters know he is a habitual liar but chose to ignore it.

Urmstongran Mon 20-May-19 09:35:41

Here’s one jura2

David Cameron said he wouldn't resign as Prime Minister if he lost the Referendum vote. Enough said.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 09:58:00

varian

Seriously once you remove your blinkers from one political party you are then free to actually enjoy politics.

You can see all sides have some good ideas and bad. You can see all sides lie and prevaricate as you would expect. The trouble is if you have a ‘side’ you can’t see that your side or you won’t see that your side can do anything wrong which is ridiculous.

I think the lady protesting too much may be you. I can see the truth because I am not biased.

Good and bad on all sides as in life. smile

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 09:58:42

And why do you assume I voted leave? smile

varian Mon 20-May-19 10:06:28

I don't assume how anyone voted but I do hope no-one who cares about honesty in politics would ever support liar Farage.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 10:09:36

True there is good and bad in everything and certainly in politics.

However this thread is entitled the Brexit Party, and I think that I can assume with reasonable confidence that if someone is not willing to engage with the issue under question, but instead engages in what iffery they are more than likely to support the political party being criticised.

winterwhite Mon 20-May-19 10:34:12

Interesting table in the 'i' this morning showing predicted support for all parties. Brett party on 34%, other Remain parties come to about 35%. The Brexit party is brand new and single issue; the Remain parties have long-standing individual identities and distinctive policies on global matters - would have been very difficult, practically, for them to have combined.

MaizieD Mon 20-May-19 10:48:27

Richard Murphy published this Jonathon Pie video on his blog this morning. I think it's a good analysis of what has contributed to the Brexit vote. The contract between the government and the governed has been broken.

We do need a new approach to our 'democracy' but an approach based on collaboration and consensus, not Farage's stirring up the masses against 'the establishment' in a way very reminiscent of the roots of the French and Russian revolutions. Both of these caused years of chaos and human misery. I'm sure nobody wants that for the UK.

www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2019/05/20/the-broken-contract-that-led-to-brexit/

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 11:29:49

More led by donkeys

mobile.twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1130414753535483905/photo/1

Urmstongran Mon 20-May-19 12:06:53

We now have a clear choice between the Brexit Party and a variety of establishment Remainer parties.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 12:16:23

Well to be fair the thread was just informing us that there was a party political broadcast by the Brexit party.

I just find it bizarre that people take such polarised and biased views.

Seriously people they all lie. Corbyn, Farrage ,May multiple times,

If you vote at all you are voting for a liar the only difference depends on the extent and the frequency of the lies.

So really you vote for the least worse option.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 12:21:29

If we assume that everybody in politics is lying or indeed corrupt, what on earth does that say about British politics?

Democracy is indeed being compromised.

Urmstongran Mon 20-May-19 12:23:07

This can’t be solved with a group hug. Someone will have to lose. Let’s accept that and move on.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 12:27:18

Well it depends on the extent of the lie. And I didn’t say corrupt that’s different.

It’s inevitable that politicians will lie at some point as we all do.

Again for me it’s the extent and the outcome of the lie which is balanced by the competence of the politician.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 12:28:08

Oh I don’t mind a group hug! grin

I never fall out over politics or religion. Neither are that important

lemongrove Mon 20-May-19 12:58:59

So many on GN are wedded to one political party and think that they can do no wrong!
What a naive attitude to politics.So the party they support always has to have excuses made for any mistakes/ wrong decisions/ etc.Only ‘their’ party can save the country and any others are all bad.
Over the last three years we have seen the general ineptitude, sheer arrogance and hubris shown by MP’s from all sides of the political spectrum.It has been a real eye opener to Joe Public.
If it comes to a choice in a GE between voting for Johnson or Corbyn I shall spoil my ballot paper.

lemongrove Mon 20-May-19 13:00:14

Mycat well said.😁👏🏻👏🏻

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 13:09:54

lemongrove

Completely agree with you.

See and I am not trying to be patronising here but you understand unbridled faith in the young, like worshipping a pop star, but on gransnet you kind of expect more objectivity and dare I say cynicism born of experience.

I just don’t get the passion for the very mediocre Corbyn,in particularor Farrage or Johnson come to that.

Most parties have a range of both good and not so good policies and no party can claim the moral high ground.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 13:14:21

Surely the point is that we don’t vote for the person, but we should vote for our preferred policies?

So if someone is supporting a particular person, we can surely assume that it is the policies of the political party that they are supporting?

MaizieD Mon 20-May-19 13:33:53

So no-one has watched the video then?
Not interested in solutions to the failure of our party system and government which has brought us to where we are today. I put it on this thread because the Brexit party most obviously isn't taking the right route to solving our problems.
Perhaps I should start a new thread?

Nonnie Mon 20-May-19 14:02:26

I'm another with no party loyalty. I have even been known to write I ABSTAIN on the paper when I couldn't support any of them and now it is all worse. That's why I keep asking leavers to persuade me why I should vote with them.

Grany Mon 20-May-19 14:02:49

twitter.com/MollyMEP/status/1130443238622552065?s=20

Nonnie Mon 20-May-19 15:06:48

Just heard on the news that the Electoral Commission is going into the Brexit party tomorrow to investigate where the funds came from. I don't understand they give advance warning.

jura2 Mon 20-May-19 15:10:28

me neither ;) why?

Nonnie Mon 20-May-19 15:18:46

It feels like they are being given the chance to cover up (if there is anything to cover)

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 15:27:21

Is it another conspiracy though or just fake news grin

But Nonnie the country is about far more than Brexit surely we have far worse problems that are not being addressed

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 15:28:03

maizie yes I did, but in next door admiring the new baby and having a cup of tea🙂

So I think what he is talking about is the idea that the government has broken the social contract by their failure to deal with taxes collected fairly.

He reflects Rousseau’s social contact which maintains that the state is not perceived to be legitimate by the population if they feel the state is acting unfairly and in the interests of a particular class (the elite).
This the chap argues is why people voted for Brexit in such numbers. In fact you can see that in many of the comments on GN.

I tend to agree with this theory, but Brexit with the hard right will never be the answer to those who voted in the hope that life will get better. It won’t, it will get worse if people like Johnson, Rees Mogg and Farage are in power post Brexit.

varian Mon 20-May-19 15:28:33

If you have any regard for our NHS, before you even consider voting for the Brexit Party, PLEASE spend a few minutes watching this video

www.facebook.com/ben.pitt.x/videos/10157446520313627/UzpfSTY4MzI4NzA2NDoxMDE1NzI2NTUxODAwNzA2NQ/

Nonnie Mon 20-May-19 15:33:17

You are right about there being more to us than Brexit mycat but I do think it is probably the most pressing thing at the moment because of the long term effects on the county's future.

It was on R4 so probably true, especially as stated as a fact and not an opinion.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 15:43:00

Well more transparency has always got to be good.

I know Brexit is obviously very pressing but I do think that the emotion surrounding it has turned it into more than its really worth.

When you have Anna Soubery weeping about essentially pulling out of a trade deal you realise that emotional baggage over the vote to leave is utterly ridiculous.

I want it done and I want the government to concentrate on the real issues.

varian Mon 20-May-19 15:43:16

Just in case you are still in any doubt about whether Farage is a liar, look at this interview, with each false claim Farage makes shown to contradict what was said before the fraudulent referendum.

www.facebook.com/FemiSorry/videos/596466580866336/

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 16:06:16

I think we established they all lie didn’t we varian

If you want to know if a politician is lying see if their mouth is open.

Why are you so surprised.

varian Mon 20-May-19 16:18:41

It has certainly not been established that any British politician has ever told anywhere near as many lies than liar Farage. The only other ones who even come close are other leave liars. It does not matter how many times you chose to make that unsubstantiated claim that they are all the same, it doesn't make it true. Politicians are not all the same.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 16:29:07

I think TM has told more Porkeys.

Corbyn and tuition fees/wreaths/never shared a platform with terrorists???

You are blinkered by your loyalty. Don’t be it’s dangerous

varian Mon 20-May-19 16:33:17

I feel no loyalty to May or Corbyn, but I don't believe either of them is anywhere near Farage in the Lying Champions League. What is dangerous is the uncritical acceptance of the brexit lies in the face of all the evidence.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 16:38:33

seem to remember was it a punishment budget and 100 000 job losses the day after a vote to leave

Boris has told many lies.

Even vince said he would honour the referendum result and I quite fancy old vince grin

Take your blinkers off.,

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 16:40:22

Is that the evidence of almost full employment and economic growth as opposed to recession in most other European countries?

Facts all facts but don’t let facts get in the way of your prejudice.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 16:41:52

And yes of course Farrage told lies.

lemongrove Mon 20-May-19 16:43:43

Vince? Really Mycat ( should have gone to Specsavers)🤣

crystaltipps Mon 20-May-19 16:45:10

Two wrongs never made a right.

varian Mon 20-May-19 16:50:12

I believe that by spending three years doing very little other than try to deliver the undeliverable unicorn promises of the Leave liars, our MPs have "honoured the referendum result" but enough is enough.

Surely everyone who has paid any attention can see two things much more clearly now. -

1 The referendum was ill-conceived, fraudulent and won by lies and cheating . If it had been mandatory and not advisory, the result would have been annulled.

2 Any kind of brexit will makes this country worse off in many ways.

Just because you wrote a suicide note, it doesn't mean you have to jump off the cliff. You are entitled to change your mind and step back. In a democracy we are all entitled to change our minds. It is sad for someone who had the good sense to vote Remain, to change to Leave, but they are entitled to do that and all the evidence of polls over the last eighteen months or more show that more who voted Leave have changed to Remain and the majority would rather remain.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 16:52:44

lemongrove

I know but he has a roguish smile and I like older men grin

lemongrove Mon 20-May-19 16:55:53

Let’s get the first referendum results implemented before we have another one!
Or shall we have best of three, or of ten?😁

lemongrove Mon 20-May-19 16:56:55

Ooooh Mycat there are older men and older men though.
😁

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 16:58:15

I got to say I don’t sense any change in the leave/remain camps just more entrenchment.

any kind of Brexit will make the country worse off

No one knows that for sure though unless you have a crystal ball.

I don’t know it could be bloody awful or bloody awesome.

These are not facts just predictions and the facts are that all the gloomy predictions so far have been way wrong.

The facts are no one knows. The other fact is TM Is the worst PM in my memory and Corbyn couldn’t run a donkey derby.

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 16:58:53

How old is he? Are we talking vest old? grin

Nonnie Mon 20-May-19 17:40:06

I'm not convinced TM has told lies. I think she actually believes what she says, the fact that very few others agree with her is obvious but I do think she believes it!

Lemon "Let’s get the first referendum results implemented before we have another one!" how do you suggest we do that? MPs won't vote for the deal or for no deal so what should be done?

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 17:52:35

More gems from Nige

mobile.twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1130454429134671875/photo/1

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 17:56:53

Gordon Brown

Farage is not a man of the people, but a man of PayPal

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 18:05:12

Actually Nonnie you may be right about May she does seem more deluded and bewildered than an outright liar grin

What is Gordon up to now do we know?

Whitewavemark2 Mon 20-May-19 18:13:25

He’s something to do with world wide education isn’t he? With the UN I think.

Bridgeit Mon 20-May-19 18:18:01

Great posts Varian, I agree

Mycatisahacker Mon 20-May-19 18:20:03

Oh right i always felt a little sorry for old Gordon. Like he was Tony’s uncool mate who couldn’t really win and always put his foot in it.

If you look back at PMQs there’s some excellent exchanges between him and Cameron. Miles more interesting than May bot and the old Trot. grin

U tube William Haiges speech on that president of Europe I defy anyone not to laugh out loud.,wink