Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Labour Party

(557 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Tue 28-May-19 11:43:40

Here you are.

All Corbyn critics etc can now have a thread all to yourselves.

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 11:45:59

Why?

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 11:46:36

Is the dear leader so great to you that we can only criticise him on one thread.

Respectfully stuff that!

Whitewavemark2 Tue 28-May-19 11:49:26

No mycat it’s just that he was filling up threads not connected and it spoils the conversation.

I have no problem with criticism, that what these threads are for.

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 11:50:50

By the way he’s moving towards a policy on Brexit when Emily and Kier have pulled all the thorns out of his bottom.

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 11:51:51

No I accept threads change as in the Tory leader thread but that’s conversation.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 28-May-19 11:54:47

As you wish mycat it was just a thought to try to oil the wheels but I accept people have different ideas.

maryeliza54 Tue 28-May-19 11:59:24

Tbf mycat it was spoiling the other thread and it’s not even as though anything new or insightful was being added was it? However WW’s well intentioned act won’t work because the whole point for some GNers is to turn any thread they possibly can into a Corbyn hate fest because the last thing they want is a rational discussion on the absolute failure of the Government not only on Brexit but a whole raft of other issues that impact daily, hourly on the most vulnerable of our citizens. That btw helps to explain the support for the BP - who cares about having any policies because with a right wing racist as the Great Leader they can rely on his promoting policies that will continue to kick the vulnerable. The irony is that so many BP supporters don’t realise that they are or may become the vulnerable

maryeliza54 Tue 28-May-19 12:00:07

Not conversation at all - just utter fuckwittery

Whitewavemark2 Tue 28-May-19 12:02:28

Here’s something from a Labour MP, and I find it interesting because I find it invaluable.

Peter Kyle MP Retweeted

Commons Library
@commonslibrary
·

The UK is a party to 800 international agreements negotiated by the EU. The Government is seeking to replace them after #Brexit. Our updated briefing shows where we are with these treaties and how
@UKParliament
has scrutinised them (link: bit.ly/2U9knPC) bit.ly/2U9knPC

GillT57 Tue 28-May-19 12:03:34

Crikey, even before the thread gets started, people are digging at each other. Corbyn certainly is the gift that keeps on giving! Anyone hear Ms Abbott on R4 this morning? Assuring us all that the Labour party are and have always been in support of a second referendum ( yeah, right), albeit after exhausting all chances of a General Election.

Caledonai14 Tue 28-May-19 12:04:10

Well said Maryeliza.

GillT57 Tue 28-May-19 12:14:47

agreed Maryeliza the smugness of some is mindblowing, with their self assured belief that somehow people bring disaster on themselves. Corbyn is a disaster for the Labour party but he is not responsible for the punishing policies of the current administration.

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 12:22:37

No he’s isn’t Gill couldn’t agree more this Tory government has been. Shocking.

But I still couldn’t vote labour with Corbyn In charge.

GillT57 Tue 28-May-19 12:30:47

Many feel as you do Mycat, including those who have always voted Labour. This current Tory administration has been one of the most cruel and divisive in history, the gaps between the haves and have-nots has got ever wider, NHS struggling, schools struggling etc., etc., but even with this platter of ineptitude presented to him, Corbyn cannot get a head of steam. Shameful, and unfit to hold the title of Leader of the Opposition.

maryeliza54 Tue 28-May-19 12:37:05

But mycat that isn’t how the Corbyn bashing goes - there’s never a point made by the right wing about the failures since 2010. There’s never any balance or acceptance of the impact of policies since then on so many lives. It’s just the same old same old same old bile, hate and knee jerk responses to JC led by someone who was ill informed enough to vote for him, And for posting this, there’ll no doubt be childish stupid comments about being a Corbynista. <sigh> The main reason so many bash JC is because they actually approve of the policies that have been enacted since 2010 so have nothing else to contribute

maryeliza54 Tue 28-May-19 12:40:18

mycat it’s not a dichotomous choice between JC and the Tories you know. And if you feel so strongly about Tory failures, why don’t you come out of the JC bashing corner of the playground and actually say so?

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 12:41:53

Having a snide dig at a poster is childish

maryeliza54 Tue 28-May-19 12:46:20

Wasn’t a snide dig at all ab( I leave that
to you). It was a clear statement of fact that you don’t like. Well tough - you dish it out enough yourself so you’ll just have to learn to suck it up too. Your posts never criticise Tory policies or ever discuss possible policy positions you’d like to see enacted - which is tbf par for the course with the right wing on here.

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 12:48:07

Alastair Cambell has been expelled from the Labour Party for voting for the Libs last week.

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 12:49:39

It was a snide dig and included a lie.

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 12:49:47

GillT

Absolutely agree.

Mary

I have consistently said the Tory administration was a disgrace.

I agree it’s not either or. In my view both are bloody awful and I actually started a thread saying both front benches were the worst in my living memory

But I expect better from labour that’s the point

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 12:53:09

And being anti Corbyn isn’t being right wing!!!!!

It’s expecting a strong effective opposition to be flying in the polls with this Tory administration in melt down

They are utterly utterly hopeless and Corbyn is the leader so he must take the blame

You are blinkered by your worship of him

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 12:54:04

This thread has been started in the hope it will silence me from criticism of Corbyn, and to have personal digs, how petty

maryeliza54 Tue 28-May-19 12:54:19

You see ab you made that statement about AC but didn’t say what you thought about it nor did you mention that MH was expelled. FWIW I think any party expelling any member for voting for another party in this particular set of circumstances is ridiculous and counter productive. At least these two were open about - many many more did the same no doubt. So what’s your opinion ab without making it an anti-JC issue?