Gransnet forums

News & politics

I despise Yaxley Lennon

(184 Posts)
Lessismore Sat 06-Jul-19 15:26:13

and all he stands for. I seriously cannot believe there are genuine people on this forum who appear to think otherwise.

merlotgran Sat 06-Jul-19 15:30:46

Who is Yaxley Lennon?

MawBroonsback Sat 06-Jul-19 15:32:08

Why do we need a second thread about this obnoxious creature.confused
I am assuming OP realises that this is Tommy Robinson’s real name?

(PS, sadly, Lessismore I think there are some. )

petra Sat 06-Jul-19 15:33:35

Why have you started another thread when you could have contributed to the one that's running?

merlotgran Sat 06-Jul-19 15:34:04

Oh him!

I don't bother reading anything about TR so didn't know it's the same person.

merlotgran Sat 06-Jul-19 15:34:25

Or I wouldn't have bothered with this thread grin

Lessismore Sat 06-Jul-19 15:37:44

Why do I have to be accountable to you petra?

I am stunned by some of the comments on the other thread.

Blinko Sat 06-Jul-19 16:13:48

Lessismore, of course we will get contributors who think like TR. That doesn't surprise me; it's what you get in a public forum. It does provide the opportunity to challenge those views, though.

For instance, it's clear that most of them don't understand what is meant by contempt of court, and their hero's actions could have seen the groomers and rapists set free.

Remarkable though that may seem to those of us who actually think things through.

Blinko Sat 06-Jul-19 16:15:59

Sorry, ...and that their hero's actions...

GracesGranMK3 Sat 06-Jul-19 16:26:18

I am stunned by some of the comments on the other thread. (Sat 06-Jul-19 15:37:44)

There is not much point in being "stunned" Lessismore these people and their way of both looking at things and speaking about them exist. I have seen much worse elsewhere. I would bet a pound to a penny that the vast majority of Yaxley-Lennon supporters voted to leave (although not all leave voters are YL supporters).

They do have a right to their view but they do not have a right to break the law.

Lessismore Sat 06-Jul-19 16:33:58

Yes, of course they exist. It still comes as a shock to me that people feel able to come out with this vile stuff. I naively thought this site was inhabited by civilised people.

eazybee Sat 06-Jul-19 17:44:23

Goodness me.(Previous thread)

I would bet a pound to a penny that the vast majority of Yaxley-Lennon supporters voted to leave (although not all leave voters are YL supporters)
Unnecessary comment, GracesGran.

Johno Sun 07-Jul-19 06:43:07

Tommy is brilliant. The common trend with people who despise him is that they never say why and can never back up the reasons why with evidence. Ok we are free to dislike whomever we choose but it seems odd to have such hatred for a person and then I suppose go on to cite how we must all stop HATE SPEECH. I bet you dont even know how/why the EDL was started?

Johno Sun 07-Jul-19 06:47:04

He did nothing more than what the BBC was doing outside the court. I know exactly what contempt of court is. But look how personal you people are? You are actually personally attacking others for expressing the view that they support Tommy. I do support him and I do NOT attack people who do not support him, I will challenge the supposed "facts" they cite but that is not a personal insult.

Johno Sun 07-Jul-19 06:53:28

So - are you actually saying that people who choose to support a man who put the serious criminal offences - thousands of rapes and torture of young white girls - in the public domain ate NOT CIVILISED??? So you think I am uncivilised, a man you have never met and know nothing about. Can you not see the "hate speech" you are spouting?? This is laughable. I do NOT consider you "uncivilised" yet I easily could because of what you say about me. . . a man you know nothing about. Tell me why the EDL was started... I bet you can not?

Johno Sun 07-Jul-19 06:59:27

Blinko - you think I don't "think things through"? I can assure you I have thoroughly scrutinised every single action to do with Yaxley-Lennon, from day one up to today. So tell me why the EDL was formed? Tell me why the BBC did what Y-L did and no action was taken? Tell me why hundreds of people, a violent mob, attacked Y-L and peaceful supporters during a lawful election campaign and were literally ASSISTED by the police. Its on video. They threw rocks and scissors and would while the police stood and watched and actually assisted them. Do you think that is OK?

Oldwoman70 Sun 07-Jul-19 07:31:40

Johno you keep asking if we know why the EDL was formed, why not tell us?

Cherrytree59 Sun 07-Jul-19 08:40:22

Johno why the DPRK statemen???

Oldwoman70 Sun 07-Jul-19 09:33:59

I see Johno hasn't responded to the various requests to inform us as to why the EDL was formed - I actually do know but I am now wondering if he does

Urmstongran Thu 11-Jul-19 11:40:42

9 month jail sentence handed down today at Leeds Crown Court. Good.

Apparently he will be out in 10 weeks though.
?

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 11:51:32

10 weeks on licence.
Eddie Gilfoyle was released on licence 9 years ago after serving a sentence of 18 years for a murder he didn't commit. That licence has never been lifted to this day.

I await the outcome of TR's licence status after 10 weeks.

LadyGracie Thu 11-Jul-19 12:19:40

It’s a joke, you could get a lesser sentence for committing murder!

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 12:30:04

LadyGracie, a lesser sentence than 10 weeks for committing a murder ??

LadyGracie Thu 11-Jul-19 12:35:49

No he’s been sentenced to 9 months. If he’s out in 10 weeks that’s one of the many faults in our ‘cocked up’ judicial system!

WadesNan Thu 11-Jul-19 12:38:45

LadyGracie "It’s a joke, you could get a lesser sentence for committing murder!" Really - please supply evidence of where a convicted murderer received a sentence of less than 9 months