Gransnet forums

News & politics

I despise Yaxley Lennon

(185 Posts)
Lessismore Sat 06-Jul-19 15:26:13

and all he stands for. I seriously cannot believe there are genuine people on this forum who appear to think otherwise.

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 12:46:23

It takes longer than 9 months to get a charge overturned even if there's proof of a MOJ once a case has been to the CPS and finally the CCRC ( the " not fit for purpose " organisation )

GracesGranMK3 Thu 11-Jul-19 13:05:56

Let me help with this EDL question. It is a single issue movement which targets Islam and, as a consequence, Muslims. It was founded in 2009 as a coalescence of several football hooligan firms protesting against the public appearance of a small Salafi Muslim group in Luton. It follows in the footsteps of the previous "Paki-bashing" groups of the far right. It has a strong presence on line but started to decline around 2011.

Ideological, the EDL has little clarity, with no specific goals, policies or manifesto.

quizqueen Thu 11-Jul-19 13:33:11

How can the bringing to the attention of the public the fact that young girls have been groomed and raped by certain sections of our society and that the police did nothing for years be a bad thing. There are two lots of people who should be in prison for this crime- the rapists and some of the police, not Tommy Robinson.

Firecracker123 Thu 11-Jul-19 13:41:33

quizqueen I agree double standards I think.

suziewoozie Thu 11-Jul-19 13:56:11

I have to say quizqueen and Firecracker that your lack of understanding of the law of contempt and the dangers of TR’s behaviour to the victims getting justice leaves me truly amazed.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 11-Jul-19 14:00:28

He’s got 9 months I think.

Joelsnan Thu 11-Jul-19 14:03:17

Where are the vile comments relating to those standing outside schools intimidating staff who are trying to teach that there are more than one facet to humanity.
Does YL and his cohorts do anything more intimidatory?

Do those who consider him vile do so because he has tried to publicise grooming?
Is it because he does not condone Halal slaughter and this meat presented in schools?
Is it because he is intolerant of forced marriage?
Is it because of ritual slaughter (Eid al Adha)
Is it because of the application of Sharia law within a specific community?
Is it because of ritual circumcision?
Is it because of some extreme views which sees non believers as ‘kafir’ and therefore unworthy of life?

Do you consider that these cultural and religious differences are part of what comprise a certain community and are therefore should just be regarded as cultural differences of no significance. Obviously YL finds the above concerning, enough for him to try and bring his (and others) concerns to the media arena. If his concerns are irrelevant to you or the fear of dealing with them is so great then of course you shoot the messenger.

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 14:08:34

I at least have the ability to remain open-minded about all this instead of joining the ranks of the otherwise fanatical-induced views of others.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 11-Jul-19 14:12:28

joelsnan you speak of him as if he is a rational law abiding individual without a violent bone in his body.

Lessismore Thu 11-Jul-19 14:15:26

bringing to the attention of the public

The public knew, please do not try to make us think he helped in any way.

JN, your comments are beyond the pale, but I guess at least it's out there for everybody to see.

EllanVannin Thu 11-Jul-19 14:17:33

Yes, he's a violent man, but so were many of those that he rallied against ?

GillT57 Thu 11-Jul-19 14:29:45

It is too exhausting to try and explain yet again what crimes TR committed firecracker and quizqueen and you would likely dismiss the truth anyway. The more I read of people who are stupid enough to support this nasty violent criminal,the more I realise why Brexit is happening. This country has lost its wits and fallen under the spell of collective madness where TR and Farage are 'good blokes' where Johnson, 'tells it like it is' where Widdecombe is admired for being a shrieking intolerant harridan where moronic people discuss, without knowing how the diplomatic service even works, the possibility of Farage as US ambassador. It is like living through some nightmare where facts are dismissed as fake, where previously expected standards of behaviour are over ridden just as long as the loud minority get what their masters have told them they want

Whitewavemark2 Thu 11-Jul-19 14:44:39

gill57 collective madness. But one that they genuinely believe. There will be books and books written about this and keep psychologists busy for years.

Lessismore Thu 11-Jul-19 14:45:59

But Corbyn is horrible and a Marxist.

( thought I'd get in first)

Joelsnan Thu 11-Jul-19 15:06:53

Whiewavemark2
joelsnan you speak of him as if he is a rational law abiding individual without a violent bone in his body

Where have I stated that?
I have acknowledged on the other thread he has a violent streak. But my point is has any direct violence been attributed to his Islamophobia? I think most is football related. I am happy to be corrected.

Joelsnan Thu 11-Jul-19 15:11:43

Lessismore
JN, your comments are beyond the pale, but I guess at least it's out there for everybody to see.

Please elaborate on your above comment, I am very interested to understand what you consider to be beyond the pale. It is all very well making rash statements, now please validate.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 11-Jul-19 15:17:20

Yardley-Lennon is going to prison because broke the law and is therefore a criminal. I worry that people with the ignorance of the law that some show on here will find themselves on the wrong side of it with the attitudes they profess.

GillT57 Thu 11-Jul-19 15:23:59

joelsnan you do come across as seeing TR as some kind of folk hero. We don't need him and his moronic followers to list the allegations against Islam, we already have The Daily Mail and the Daily Express to do that. But you will know that because it looks as if that is where you get your political and social information from.

Joelsnan Thu 11-Jul-19 15:26:01

I don’t give a ‘Tinkers Toss’ about YL and his friends, However what prompted me to contribute to this thread is the absolute double standards being expressed on these threads. An apparent purveyor of hate speech is condemned by hate speech, most not taking time to research and understand, most attaching a generalist racist mantle without recognising the specifics. Most who are quick to attach derogatory terms to anyone who may challenge their ‘rightness’ ‘Must be far right’, ‘must be Brexiteers’, ‘must be racist’ etc. etc. Who is talking hate?

Firecracker123 Thu 11-Jul-19 15:32:05

I'm not a supporter of Tommy Robinson but I agree with a lot of his views re Islam. I agree with Joelnan.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 11-Jul-19 15:32:51

In that case joelsnan you aren’t making yourself clear.

GracesGranMK3 Thu 11-Jul-19 15:35:31

Where is there hate speech on this thread Joelsnan? I am prepared to report it if you point it out as I am quite sure it is outside GN rules. On the other hand, if you cannot or do not point to the post containing this, I will report you for accusing posters of such heinous things without being able to show any example.

Firecracker123 Thu 11-Jul-19 15:40:18

GracesGran are you for real what a silly post how ridiculous.

GillT57 Thu 11-Jul-19 15:42:36

Actually joelsnan if you take the time to read the posts you will see that most people have read and researched this, and some have had the misfortune to deal professionally with victims of rape( not calling it child abuse, in law it is rape). The irritation and anger is directed at those who have supported this man and swallowed the swill and propaganda spouted by his supporters, by some areas of the press, by people like Katy Hopkins. It is generally acknowledged that the Police and social services performed badly,very badly in many cases,but thr idiotic behaviour of TR would have made it even worse for the victims had the defence won their appeals. Like Farage, this right wing moron is out for himself and nobody else. We are living in frightening times

Joelsnan Thu 11-Jul-19 15:43:39

GillT57
Where do you get that idea from. Just because I challenge people?
I had a big fall out with my son (now deceased) who wanted to go to a TR march.. I lived in a muslim country for many years and understand the true faith. I recognise the distortions of the faith. I know the majority are probably better people than many indigenous people, however in knowing this I know that for the sake of the quiet majority, who cannot speak out for cultural and community reasons, some malpractice has to be called out and addressed. TR (YL) has clumsily attempted to do this, his actions are often stupid and ill thought. But are they worse than that?
If so I am happy to be enlightened, not with the fact that he has been to jail for fraud, for using a false passport or football violence. I want to know the real reason he is regarded as vile.