Gransnet forums

News & politics

For brexiters only please.

(791 Posts)
aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 15:53:29

I would just like one thread for brexiters only please.

I voted leave. I would vote leave again and again and again. There has been nothing to change my mind. I have been hardened by the views of remainers.

I would really like to talk to other brexit minded posters.
Thanks.

Opal Sun 20-Oct-19 16:03:38

I'm a brexiter aprilrose and yes, I would also vote leave again and again. I think Boris is playing a blinder. Happy to join the discussion, and now just waiting for the first remainer to pop their head over the parapet grin.

boodymum67 Sun 20-Oct-19 16:05:32

I`m off with you two too!

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 16:19:46

I hope Boris continues to play the blinders. I bought some sparklers for celebrating on October 31st and then found out today the remainers are still playing their games. Clearly I was premature in thinking that I could celebrate this time. I wouldnt mind but whatever happens it wont bother them but it will end up affecting my life.

Yes, I can vote for Boris. I just hope he doesn't let us ( aka me, in my world) down .

The more remainers say about him, the more I like Boris. The rhetoric backfires on me. smile.

Lets call this the "safe place". I think remainers like to believe they respect such things. Lets hope they respect this one.

yggdrasil Sun 20-Oct-19 16:23:40

first remainer OK here I am :-)
Can you please tell me why you would vote leave again?
Serious question. I keep asking it, but I have not yet got an answer with a verifiable reason.
I shall keep watching this thread in the hope that one of you here can persuade me.

NanKate Sun 20-Oct-19 16:27:36

I’m with you too. The more they knock BJ down the more he gets up and tries to deliver what we democratically voted for.

It irritates me so much when the Remainers ask for another Referendum. I wonder if they expect us to keep having a referendum until they get the answer they want ?

Oliver Letwin and Dominic Grieve (my MP) should be ashamed of themselves for sabotaging the process.

Up with Boris ?

Jane10 Sun 20-Oct-19 16:36:42

I was a remainer but have been turned into a brexiter by the constant haranguing of remainers.
Yes it'll be hard after brexit but not as hard as this endless stalemate. Businesses on both sides will still need to trade and they will find a way to do it. It's life. We somehow managed before we were in the EU and we'll manage outside it too. We have to.
Sick of all the catastrophising going on.

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 16:37:33

yggdrasail, why should I want to persuade you of anything? My experience on other threads is that whatever I say it will not be acceptable, so I will say nothing. I do not accept your premise that any explanation of my reasons for voting should be open to your varification anyway. So, I will decline to answer you. I had what I consider good reasons for voting leave. My reasons have not changed. The situation that led to my vote has not changed any. I am not now entering into more debate about it.

This is a different ball game. A place where brexit minded people can share their views and not have to justify them.
I voted leave. I am sure other leave voters know exactly why and I know why they voted too. Thats all that matters.

Urmstongran Sun 20-Oct-19 17:00:26

Good luck with your thread aprilrose

I tried a similar ‘Good News about Brexit’ one about a year ago. It didn’t take very long before the Remainers barged onto it saying ‘you can’t tell me where and when I can post’ etc.

They’ll be along soon enough - 5, 4. 3 ....

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 17:05:06

Well Urmstongran, that will say rather more about them than it says about us wont it? Gatecrashers are generally only about causing trouble smile

Greta8 Sun 20-Oct-19 17:10:56

Enjoy your 'safe place'. I hope you find what you're all searching for.

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 17:12:38

Thank you Greta8 . That is very gracious of you. I am sure we will find what we are looking for , if we are allowed to that is.

MaizieD Sun 20-Oct-19 17:38:08

They’ll be along soon enough - 5, 4. 3 ....

Thy're here already, Ug, haven't you noticed?

I've been waiting for a flood of Leaver outpourings about the wonderfulness of leaving the EU. All the great things we'll be able to do once we're Free. Disappointed it's not happened...

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 17:40:24

Remainer here - I’ll go on whatever thread I want thank you very much. What an arrogant thread title. Reinforces what I always suspected about Brexiters. Living in a bubble really works - you clearly can’t brook any discussion. Pathetic

toscalily Sun 20-Oct-19 17:46:28

suziewoozie, you have done precisely what was expected. I would suggest that you are the arrogant one by not allowing aprilrose to have a discussion without trying to force your point of view across.

aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 17:47:35

I think that is because you have totally misunderstood what many leavers are about. We may all dream dreams. We are not necessarily sharing them with you and those like you.

I can remember the day after the 2016 vote. I really felt quite positive and optimistic for the future. I remember passing a lot of people in the supermarket that day as I went shopping and saw lots of smiles and heard lots of helpful comments from others. Nothing major, just an uplift in the ambiance.

Then some remainers started whinging and crying and painting themselves blue in the streets. They started using insults about why those who voted leave were thick, swivel eyed, gammon, fruit cakes, loons , old, going to die next week, were so stupid they had no right to vote , ignorant, they didnt know what they voted for ..... and so it went on.

For a while longer things seemed positive but then the depression set in again and people became sour and now all I see is bitterness and anger. Life has returned to what it was before we voted.

I still have my dreams but they will be on hold and unspoken now until we leave. Hopefully Boris will do the deed. But I can see he has a major fight from the anti democratic remainers on his hands. Remain voters seem to shout louder than their real numbers. Their rudeness and insults means most of us keep our thoughts to ourselves and we wait in the shadows .

Project fear and intimidation is alive and well, especially on GN I think.

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 17:54:34

Don’t be so ridiculous - allowing a whole thread to just bad mouth Remainers and claim some high moral ground without being challenged which the OP has just done-no way. GN doesn’t work like that. It’s perfectly fine to start a thread about how you feel as. Brexiter but telling Remainers to stay off the thread is simply pathetic and does Brexiters no good.

crystaltipps Sun 20-Oct-19 17:56:15

Hope you’re dreams come true. No more foreigners and Tories or Nigel permanently in control. Cricket on the green and jam for tea. Enjoy your bubble.

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 17:57:29

And how would posting in disagreement with the OP be ‘forcing my point of view across’ exactly toscalily.

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 17:58:22

Intimidation on GN ? As in ........???

Urmstongran Sun 20-Oct-19 18:04:05

Told you aprilrose! And you’ve only just got started! Actually it’s great to see some new posters names isn’t it? I do think a lot of Leavers ‘lurk’ and don’t usually post.

Even if they come on your thread and just say ‘I’m with you’ it’ll be good to see our numbers swell.
?

I TOTALLY agree aprilrose about that wonderful feeling of euphoria the day after the referendum! So many people were grinning and the mood was joyous!

growstuff Sun 20-Oct-19 18:06:29

Leave it suzie. They're not worth it.

Dottynan Sun 20-Oct-19 18:09:10

Oh dear doesn't take long for sourness to start..... I know why I voted to leave and nothing has changed.

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 18:09:25

It’s a pity the OP needed telling anything - she could just have started a thread about how she felt about Brexit but instead she decided to be goady. Grown ups on GN start threads all the time on subjects theta know will provoke disagreement but they aren’t arrogant ( or childish) enough to tell those who disagree with them to stay off the thread. Neither do most posters think that expressing a contrary point of view is ‘forcing your opinion across’. Bit there you go.

suziewoozie Sun 20-Oct-19 18:10:55

That’s fine Dotty but the sourness was started by the OP with the thread title.