Gransnet forums

News & politics

Considering voting Tory?

(390 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 10:05:33

If you want our NHS to be ended and replaced by a private health scheme then this is where your vote should go.

The NHS is for sale if the Tories win. You won't take it from me? Take it from former Tory Prime Minister John Major.

"The NHS would be as safe as a pet hamster in the presence of a hungry python if Boris Johnson, Michael Gove & Iain Duncan-Smith rose to power following Brexit."

Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 10:11:24

If you want to dance to Trumps Tune then vote Tory

Caroline Lucas
@CarolineLucas
·
41m
The clearest message from Trump's interview on LBC is that he expects Johnson to dance to his tune

The desperation for a trade deal with US will force down standards even further

This would be our future under a Tory govt #GE2019

Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 10:12:24

Vote Tory to get Trump.

If that is what rocks your boat

starbird Fri 01-Nov-19 10:22:55

These are my thoughts:
I think Boris is too intelligent to go along with what Trump wants.

We can vote with our purse if we don’t want American imports.

I believe Boris when he says the NHS is not for sale.

False News seems to have started already.

I bet Putin is having a laugh. ( Did you see the program last night about him?)

Nonnie Fri 01-Nov-19 10:26:01

Sorry but I'm putting the video on this thread too:

twitter.com/i/status/1190180045135994881

I'm voting tactically to get my MP out.

GrannyGravy13 Fri 01-Nov-19 10:28:27

Since the inception of the NHS there have been many more years with a Conservative Government than a Labour one.
Plenty of opportunities to sell of the NHS they haven't done so and they will not do so.

(38% of PFI contracts awarded were during Blair/Brown years)

trisher Fri 01-Nov-19 10:29:29

Oh come on surely nobody STILL believes Boris. His record is appalling.
From losing jobs for making things up to lying about Hillsborough, never mind his broken promises as Mayor. He simply can't tell the truth!
www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lies-conservative-leader-candidate-list-times-banana-brexit-bus-a8929076.html

Nonnie Fri 01-Nov-19 11:03:56

Unfortunately some do trisher! Incredible as it may seem

trisher Fri 01-Nov-19 11:09:58

I blame all the stories they were told about Father Christmas and the Tooth Fairy! grin Can't think of any other reason.

dragonfly46 Fri 01-Nov-19 11:13:18

So what are the reasons for believing Corbin? It is a shot in the dark as I see it. They both walk the walk, talk the talk and neither has achieved anything.

Pantglas2 Fri 01-Nov-19 11:15:22

I’m so disappointed in this thread!

When I saw the WhitewaveMark2 one on voting Labour, I thought good, I can work my way through it, even though I knew it would be full of left-wing support, and learn a lot to help me cast a vote next month.

This should have been a right wing site to give the opposite side of the argument to neutral/undecided folks like me!

You can’t be running with the foxes and hunting with the hounds! All it does is p!!s us off when we’re already fed up with the lot of ‘em!

Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 11:26:18

pantaglas yes I absolutely agree.

Of course I can do exactly the same as I’ve done for Labour but in my opinion it should be done by someone who firmly believes in Tory policies.

The opportunity is there for anyone who thinks the Tories deserve yet more Year’s in power.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 12:09:07

If you are intending to vote Tory because you believe in brexit, you might want to consider Farage’s personal party.

He’s making a huge challenge for a clean no deal brexit.

He will attract a lot of votes.

Oopsminty Fri 01-Nov-19 12:11:45

Farage is Boris's Achilles Heel.

He's just given a speech about how he's going to field hundreds of candidates unless Boris does a deal with him

So what with Trump's intervention and now Farage, Boris has had a bad day

And it's only gone noon

Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 12:21:16

I bet Johnson does a deal.

Although if Johnson insists on a clean break not sure if Johnson can tbh

Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 12:30:41

If Farage insists on a clean deal!!!

Whitewavemark2 Fri 01-Nov-19 12:36:01

In the interest of transparency and democracy perhaps some kind soul will leak the document so we can judge for ourselves?

Ben Bradshaw
@BenPBradshaw
Johnson sitting on an explosive official report, sanctioned by our intelligence services into Kremlin subversion of the 2016 EU referendum & influence ops in the Tory Party. This stink theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/31/boris-johnson-accused-report-russia-dominic-grieve?CMP=share_btn_tw… #votelabour #GE2019

Oopsminty Fri 01-Nov-19 12:40:23

I bet Johnson does a deal.

If he does that I think it could be the end of the Conservative party! Not sure that he would.

I have friends/family/ex colleagues who vote Conservative, ( alongside friends/family/ex colleagues who vote for other parties) but if Boris hooked up with Farage that would be that.

No more votes from them!

jura2 Fri 01-Nov-19 14:21:16

Well, it seems that Farage will only do a deal with Boris, if Boris drops his (EU) Deal and goes for No Deal (complicated??? yes).

What a disgusting position we all find ourselves in. And I am beginnig to think that perhaps all this was planned by those two in advance. So Boris can say 'ah well I wanted a Deal and got you one- but I have no choice now because of Farage, so sorry!' Oh, and the NHS will also have to be given up to Trump- as well as workers' rights, bio safety, animal welfare- the bl**** lot.

Machiavelism à la Cummings sad

Urmstongran Fri 01-Nov-19 14:55:21

Farage & Cummings apparently hate one another’s guts jura so I think it’s highly unlikely there’s been any Machiavellian dealings.

The offer is on the table for a ‘true Brexit’ not the treaty Boris came back with (which the EU hope will be accepted).

I don’t think Boris will agree to a pact.

This will split the Leave vote.

Sadly it gives Corbyn a good chance. So will Boris change his mind and go for it?

lemongrove Fri 01-Nov-19 15:03:33

I won't be bothering with any of WWM2’s blatantly activist type threads, may as well be advertising for the LP than chatting on GN.

jura2 Fri 01-Nov-19 15:15:09

Are you denying that Johnson has received, for publication, the official report from the official commission- on Russian interference during campaign and Russian money being involved too? And that Johnson is now refusing to publish, against Government rules? Why is that Labour propaganda? It is the truth, the official, facts.

Nonnie Fri 01-Nov-19 16:00:26

Pantglas2 Fri 01-Nov-19 11:15:22 sorry you are disappointed so am it. I was hoping to read something on this thread which would tell me why someone want to vote Tory/Brexit.

I don't consider myself either left or right wing, I vote for what I believe in when I've considered the option. I have my own mind so don't think about my upbringing or much about history, just what I think will be best for the future.

Urmstongran Fri 01-Nov-19 16:16:41

Nonnie gotta hand it to you, you never miss a trick!

GrannyGravy13 Fri 01-Nov-19 16:23:30

I will vote for my excellent constituency MP who happens to be Conservative.

I vote Conservative as I am a home owner, land owner and business owner.