Gransnet forums

News & politics

Where is Johnson?

(92 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 12:01:35

Apart from PMQs when he is more or less forced to turn up to be humiliated, where is he the rest of the time?

This country totally lacks leadership.

GagaJo Sat 23-May-20 12:06:31

Couldn't agree more. Chaos outside. Some counts put the country's excess deaths at 55,000 now. The government's own count shows us heading towards 40,000. His KEY aide being defamed in the media.

Stone cold silence. Invisible.

Calendargirl Sat 23-May-20 12:07:12

There was a ‘Where’s Boris?’ thread on Wednesday.

Can this question not be tacked onto that one?

Gransnet threads seem to be rather repetitive and a bit boring lately.

Daisymae Sat 23-May-20 12:10:18

It does seem to be a real issue at the moment. Where is he???

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 12:10:34

Don’t read it then calender meanwhile I think the question is worth asking as long as the UK’s PM thinks it fine to disappear and not provide the leadership so badly needed.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 12:12:27

I would expect him certainly to turn up at the press conference this evening to defend or otherwise his spad. He is the only one who can sack DC.

MissAdventure Sat 23-May-20 12:20:38

If he has any integrity, he is sitting with his head in his hands, trying to do the right thing by the public.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 12:23:55

Piers Morgan
@piersmorgan
· 1h
Don't you dare hide again today @BorisJohnson - front the daily briefing & tell the British public why it was one rule for them & another for your chief adviser.
Or be damned by your cowardice.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 12:29:16

Who will be the “patsy” to take the questions this evening.

Here is a handy game to pass the time as they squirm and lie

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 12:31:00

Johnson must be so relieved that there is no PMQs this week.

GagaJo Sat 23-May-20 12:31:59

SPAD bingo! Should we start a book on which excuse is going to be trotted out?

MissAdventure Sat 23-May-20 12:39:46

I expect they're practising different versions of the truth as we speak..

"I know! Let's say you didn't have it"

"No, that won't wash. How about we say you did have it and that's why?"

westendgirl Sat 23-May-20 13:13:02

I n the fridge. Awkward questions coming up, where would he be ?

Rosalyn69 Sat 23-May-20 13:26:16

I did laugh at the “patsy” comment. I wonder which minister is currently highest on Boris’ shit list.

Charleygirl5 Sat 23-May-20 13:28:41

I thought he was taking paternity leave.

Lucca Sat 23-May-20 13:35:09

From yet another friend I heard how the rest of Europe look on Britain as laughing stock and I’m afraid our PM symbolises that. I really wish that were not the case, I would have been delighted for Boris to prove me wrong and do a decisive dignified statesmanlike job.

Oldwoman70 Sat 23-May-20 13:54:47

Oh the irony of Whitewave quoting Piers Morgan!!!

GagaJo Sat 23-May-20 14:31:25

I'm not sure they're laughing exactly. They're certainly horrified at our death rate. It's as I've thought for quite a while (pre-Boris, so this is definitely not a post election jab) that we've slipped a long way in the world order.

My overseas friends (Brit ex-pats and other non Brits) are watching the UK in horror, in the same way we watched China and Italy in horror a few months ago. They just can't believe we have mismanaged it so badly.

tidyskatemum Sat 23-May-20 14:57:20

I would guess that BJ is still suffering the after-effects of Covid-19 and isn’t really fit enough to do any job properly yet, never mind lead the country. Trouble is, having surrounded himself with compliant nonentities there is an enormous vacuum in government; said nonentities are running round like headless chickens and no sensible decisions being made.

Opal Sat 23-May-20 15:52:04

Oldwoman70 grin grin grin
Heavens above, could that possibly mean that Whitewave has been reading the Daily Heil? Who would've thought? ...
grin

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 16:02:46

Oh Grant Shapps or is it Mr Green? Is the patsy.

Still no Johnson.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 23-May-20 16:05:56

More Morgan to comment on

Piers Morgan
@piersmorgan
·
1h
Some questions for journalists to ask at the 4pm briefing:
Did the Cummings family stop at a service station or any other place for food, drink or loo break on their 250-mile journey?
If so, where & is there CCTV footage showing how many people they possibly infected?

paddyanne Sat 23-May-20 16:07:21

Not a Piers Morgan fan ,but by heavens he has certainly held the "government" to book this past few weeks...that when he can actually get one of them to answer( dodge) his questions I think there was about 20 days they declined his invitation to APPEAR.

MayBee70 Sat 23-May-20 16:18:14

A friend of mine who is working from home is in daily contact with a work colleague in Germany who says the Germans cannot believe how the UK government has been/is currently handling the pandemic.

varian Sat 23-May-20 16:22:55

Grant Shapps is the patsy