Gransnet forums

News & politics

Patel would have us return to the Nineteenth Century

(116 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 30-Sep-20 08:54:31

Ascension Island was her first choice to transport those people fleeing war and famine. 4000 miles away.

Obviously not far enough for Patel, as that has been abandoned.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 18:51:09

Alegrias

Patel has just been on the Channel 4 news blaming, among others, the "leftie lawyers" Those were her actual words.

She is incredibly stupid.

Alegrias Sun 04-Oct-20 18:49:17

Patel has just been on the Channel 4 news blaming, among others, the "leftie lawyers" Those were her actual words.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 18:49:05

GrannyGravy13

Whitewavemark2 I know we disagree on many political issues but I abhor racism in any form.

??

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-20 18:46:52

Whitewavemark2 I know we disagree on many political issues but I abhor racism in any form.

Greeneyedgirl Sun 04-Oct-20 18:45:51

I cannot believe the attitude of some on here who would deny compassion to fellow human beings who have seen and suffered seen terrible things during their short lives, which thankfully we will hopefully, never have to. They can make a valuable and positive contribution to our society if they are given a chance.

It is only by accident of birth that we can live in relative safety.

Alegrias Sun 04-Oct-20 18:43:18

Have I just stumbled into a UKIP forum? Or maybe I'm sleeping and having a nightmare....

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 18:42:37

Ngaio1

Well, I for one, wish we could send these illegals somewhere!! They are forcing their way into the country and will be a burden for evermore. Why on earth doesn't Mrs. Patel have patrol boats stopping this influx. They have already become criminals by entering illegally so owe them nothing. We are too soft by half.

No you are wrong, they are not illegal.

varian Sun 04-Oct-20 18:41:17

But, on the other hand, if we actually look at the facts, we see that immigrants to this country have contributed far, far more than they have cost.

The UK has benefitted greatly from the contribution of immigrants - to our communities, our culture and to our national wealth.

Ngaio1 Sun 04-Oct-20 18:37:01

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 18:16:33

sparklingsilver28

^Whitewavemark2 - This post is racist^

An attempt to close down a valid contribution because it does not agree with your understanding is childish and juvenile.

I have reported the post that I consider racist.

quizqueen Sun 04-Oct-20 18:07:42

In my opinion, anyone who enters a county illegally should never be allowed to stay as it is just rewarding illegal behaviour and encouraging more to do the same thing. An alternative is for anyone who condones this behaviour to agree to rehouse these people at their own expense for a considerable few years.

sparklingsilver28 Sun 04-Oct-20 18:04:37

Whitewavemark2 - This post is racist

An attempt to close down a valid contribution because it does not agree with your understanding is childish and juvenile.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 17:51:24

Message deleted by Gransnet as it repeats a previously deleted post. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-20 17:49:19

Oh well that’s a first a poster sparklingsilver28 has reported me for being racist? Obviously they haven’t read or understood what they have posted!!

Whitewavemark2 Sun 04-Oct-20 17:45:43

Message deleted by Gransnet as it repeats a previously deleted post. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

sparklingsilver28 Sun 04-Oct-20 17:41:59

GrannyGravy13 - I have Muslim, Hindu and Jewish friends, many were not born in U.K. I find your last post uninformed and frankly racist.

May I advise you to be sure you understand what is being said before making unfounded comments. Your post has been reported as unacceptable.

sparklingsilver28 Sun 04-Oct-20 17:31:38

BarmeyoldBat Obtuse comes to mind!

GrannyGravy13 Sun 04-Oct-20 17:30:26

sparklingsilver28 I have Muslim, Hindu and Jewish friends, many were not born in U.K. I find your last post uninformed and frankly racist.

sparklingsilver28 Sun 04-Oct-20 17:24:57

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Greeneyedgirl Sun 04-Oct-20 17:14:50

Many of the “migrants” you refer to sparklingsilver some of whom are U.K. citizens, are keeping our NHS and Care Homes going.

Barmeyoldbat Sun 04-Oct-20 17:13:09

Sparlingsilver do you mean you have no experience and therefore knowledge of the muslim cultural

Callistemon Sun 04-Oct-20 16:57:28

sparklingsilver
You'll be relieved to hear, then, that Nujeen Mustafa is settled in Germany.
www.unhcr.org/nujeen-mustafa.html

“We felt maybe it’s our turn to die. But we didn’t want to die. So we made up our minds to leave.”
Sahar, 25, Syrian refugee in Lebanon

sparklingsilver28 Sun 04-Oct-20 16:46:34

meant "no experience"

sparklingsilver28 Sun 04-Oct-20 16:44:13

Barmeyoldbat Well noted for being tea-total so experience!

Barmeyoldbat Sun 04-Oct-20 16:34:13

Maybe one of the cultural values that they bring that is unacceptable is not drinking alcohol, whereas our British cultural value is to go out and get p....d and end up in A&E.