Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump taken to hospital

(235 Posts)
Katek Fri 02-Oct-20 22:28:14

That was quick......wonder what’s going on?

LullyDully Sun 04-Oct-20 08:36:34

It's just a case of wait and see.

They aren't going to tell all and why should they. Apparently he has already lost the fever and doesn't need oxygen any more. This for a man of 74 who was only diagnosed on Friday.

Not what we have been led.to believe of the course of the illness. I do wish him well but I also do not want him as the next president.

Furret Sun 04-Oct-20 08:33:05

Trump honest? ???

Lucca Sun 04-Oct-20 08:02:05

Oh no Growstuff don’t let them get together !!

growstuff Sun 04-Oct-20 07:57:44

Arto1s

Such ridiculous comments on here. Boris Johnson and Donald Trump cannot ‘win,’ whatever they do. I wish Trump well, and think he is honest, despite what everyone seems to think.

Not true! They could win if they got their act together.

vegansrock Sun 04-Oct-20 05:46:34

That’s emergency treatment, and they get the bill later,

jdga Sun 04-Oct-20 05:32:51

Just a note: By law, any US hospital that has an emergency room & accepts any kind of federal funding, must accept any & all patients, whether they can afford it or not.
Private hospitals generally do the same.

vegansrock Sun 04-Oct-20 05:06:28

Honest? A billionaire who pays no tax?

Arto1s Sun 04-Oct-20 03:34:03

Such ridiculous comments on here. Boris Johnson and Donald Trump cannot ‘win,’ whatever they do. I wish Trump well, and think he is honest, despite what everyone seems to think.

Callistemon Sat 03-Oct-20 21:25:56

Ellianne

^Well, that's worrying as DH is sniffing, sneezing and snorting beside me here!^
Mine too, Callistemon. Luckily that's where his similarities with Trump end!

Yes, mine too!
I make sure he has his hair cut and the day I find him using my Elnett he's banished to the garage.

grannyrebel7 Sat 03-Oct-20 21:23:56

Just heard he's having oxygen treatment.

Ellianne Sat 03-Oct-20 21:17:49

Well, that's worrying as DH is sniffing, sneezing and snorting beside me here!
Mine too, Callistemon. Luckily that's where his similarities with Trump end!

Joesoap Sat 03-Oct-20 21:06:55

The President might even say its ” fake news” give him time. Sorry had to say this.

Callistemon Sat 03-Oct-20 20:57:59

Ellianne

I'm confused. The doctor said DT had presented with nasal congestion. Since when has that been a symptom of coronavirus? Half the population seems to have the sniffles at this time of year.

Well, that's worrying as DH is sniffing, sneezing and snorting beside me here!

Callistemon Sat 03-Oct-20 20:56:36

Heathcliff23

Thank you Callistemon for your good wishes.

I am very lucky to have a wonderful partner who always looks after me well. It was he who insisted on calling 111 in the middle of the night. I am very grateful to him that he did despite my protests.

Thank goodness you had someone there and he did take action.
Get well soon
?

merlotgran Sat 03-Oct-20 20:54:39

Nine people who attended Amy Coney Barrett's ceremonial nomination to the Supreme Court have now tested positive.

All sitting close together, no masks, hugging, shaking hands etc.

Heathcliff23 Sat 03-Oct-20 20:39:57

Thank you Callistemon for your good wishes.

I am very lucky to have a wonderful partner who always looks after me well. It was he who insisted on calling 111 in the middle of the night. I am very grateful to him that he did despite my protests.

rosecarmel Sat 03-Oct-20 20:32:21

Do you (anyone) think anyone else has permission to use his Twitter account?

GagaJo Sat 03-Oct-20 20:25:47

Bobbysgirl19, but the opposite is true. The medical team basically said he's fine. The politicos said he was very ill.

Bobbysgirl19 Sat 03-Oct-20 20:17:50

Lose face not lose faith.

Bobbysgirl19 Sat 03-Oct-20 20:16:40

His medical team will be playing down any updates on his current condition as that's what he will have dictated to them.
His plan will be to emerge from this saying it was no worse than a dose of flu'. He won't want to lose faith after all the rubbish he's spouted!!

GagaJo Sat 03-Oct-20 20:14:01

I trust that doctor more than the White House.

It's being played up. Why?

Ellianne Sat 03-Oct-20 20:13:48

I'm confused. The doctor said DT had presented with nasal congestion. Since when has that been a symptom of coronavirus? Half the population seems to have the sniffles at this time of year.

suziewoozie Sat 03-Oct-20 19:49:07

Phoebes

I am very confused about all this! Basically, we can’t believe anything we are told about anything by anyone connected with the WH.

Spot on.
Glad you’ve recovered

Phoebes Sat 03-Oct-20 19:44:37

I am very confused about all this! Basically, we can’t believe anything we are told about anything by anyone connected with the WH.
Having had the bug, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, it’s an extremely unpleasant and frightening experience and I feel blessed to have survived it pretty well unscathed.

icanhandthemback Sat 03-Oct-20 19:44:07

I agree with suziewoozie when she says that the worry of this is that it will be shown as nothing to be concerned about so feeding the myth DT has so far perpetuated. To be honest, the best thing that could happen is for him to be really seriously ill which couldn't be hidden so his supporters who decry the mask, will have their eyes opened. I haven't ever really bothered about USA politics before but I can't bear the thought of another Trump term. I remember worrying about Bush Jnr getting in because I knew he would find an excuse to invade Iraq so he could do what he thought his father would do. It has so destabilised the world and I think if Trump gets back in, he will be unstoppable in his destabilising it beyond control. If I were to wish him dead, it would be because I thought it would be the best thing for mankind.