Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris in Isolation-where is he? what will he do?

(114 Posts)
trisher Mon 16-Nov-20 10:18:10

Day 1 Well here I am in my bedroom. Isolated for 14 days. one good thing yah won't have to see that B** Starmer for 2 whole weeks. Let Rishi or Gove answer him. Caveat emptor and all that. Now what's for breakfast?
I leave the more creative GNers to add to this

Whitewavemark2 Wed 18-Nov-20 08:02:52

Oh I’ve missed this thread, and just come across it?.

Some of you have missed your profession? Such wit.

Love it.

LauraNorder Wed 18-Nov-20 07:50:12

Mirror, mirror on the wall, good morning that handsome chap with fine, golden, fluffy hair like a cute little Easter chick and skin like a baby’s botty albeit with a touch of nappy rash. Oh god as if morning ablutions aren’t tiresome enough the lumpen proletariat have cleared the shelves of loo roll again. Carrie will you go down and see if any of the snivel servants have got a Guardian we can cut up.
Going to have stop eating peas and sprouts before 2050 if we’re going to deal with gas emissions,
Oh well on with the business of the day, let’s get breakfast done.

lemongrove Tue 17-Nov-20 17:23:47

Quite a productive afternoon, after a quick lunch with the family I got on with some ideas I’ve had kicking about in my head for ages, I did some very enjoyable drawings of a bridge I had planned from Ireland to Scotland ( or from Scotland to Ireland) I can really see it working....unless there are galeforce winds or high seas or something, but that’s just details.I have also been poring over the map to see where’s a good place to re-site the House Of Lords....this took me ages but have found the perfect location, Bridlington! It has all the things older people like ( sea, sand, deck chairs, bingo!) plus it’s far enough away to be out of our hair.I’ve never been there or heard of it but am sure they will all love it anyway.
A short tea break after that ( with a small KitKat, Carrie has banned the large size) and then an advisor came to tell me that the President of the US was on line one for me ( a secure line).Alrighty! Is that John Biden I asked the spad, ‘no’ he replied that’s Joe Biden but it isn’t him.’ “What on earth are you saying then, you said it was him” ....the spad looked confused, and I was certainly confused until he sighed and said ‘ It’s Donald Trump, sir’.Oh, that President “I said “I thought he’d gone” and picked up the phone.
Donald sounded peeved and said he’d been waiting for me to
Ring him and talk about his new State Visit here at Easter.He
Wanted me to know that he and Melania wanted to travel all around London in ‘the golden coach’ which should be drawn by six dappled grey horses.This visit was news to me, but managed to umm and err a bit in a Hugh Grant sort of way which most Yanks find charming.Donald was having none of it though and wanted details of the full itinerary, I confess I had to wing it, so there will be visits to a whisky distillery in
Mayfair, a golf club in Whitechapel, a royal hunting lodge in Islington, a castle in Tottenham followed by archery lessons in leafy Acton.He seemed pleased but told me his enemies were everywhere, he won the election but vote rigging and Satanic forces were trying to oust him, and that he was at present holed up in the Oval Office with the White House itself guarded by 70 million loyal supporters.After exhorting me to pray for him and if possible to bring forward the State
Visit to January, he rang off. Phew! Why didn’t anyone tell me about his blasted State Visit, something else for me to worry about now.I rang down to the kitchen for a large KitKat and threw myself gloomily into the recliner.

Ellianne Tue 17-Nov-20 16:29:42

Best of all, I'll miss PMQs tomorrow - can't stand being questioned.
Well stop leaping to your size 10 feet then, just stay sat on the bench Boris!

Daddima Tue 17-Nov-20 16:25:54

I see the old biddies on an internet forum are giving away all my secrets. You can bet your bottom dollar that the information will be in the papers before long.

Ramblingrose22 Tue 17-Nov-20 16:25:25

This working from home lark is rather good.
I had no idea when I told everyone else to do it!
I wish I'd invited more infected people round earlier.
Of course we have to pretend that No.10 is a Covid-secure workplace or all the staff will run off and I'll have to make my own tea as Carrie is too busy running the country.
Best of all, I'll miss PMQs tomorrow - can't stand being questioned. Why do they expect me to know the answers?!
As for all the fuss over my saying devolution north of the border was a mistake. Everyone knows I love the union - and all unions actually- nudge nudge, wink wink, know what I mean.....
That reminds me - should I send that American blonde Jennifer a Christmas card this year?

Ellianne Tue 17-Nov-20 16:17:58

In the ratings of political threads GillT57 I think this one is scoring a straight 10. Fab u lous! Or am I in the wrong place again?

GillT57 Tue 17-Nov-20 16:08:14

What a great thread! I am seeing lemongrove or Ole Nomgrev in a very different light, I don't think I will accept that cup of tea from you, thank you brewgrin, last time I sipped one of your cups of tea I came over all peculiar. It is interesting that even despite our many differing political opinions on here, nobody, but nobody thinks he is ill or deserving of anything other than gentle mocking. I wonder if dad Stanley pops onto GN? Maybe he could tell Boris about this thread?

Ellianne Tue 17-Nov-20 14:59:31

Carrie, I need to get onto Majestic about Christmas ..... No, not that lot of scrounging toffs. Singing We Three Kings in the kitchen is about the closest we'll get this year.

No, the Christmas drinks list I forgot to do yesterday afternoon.
Can't be seen ordering any Glühwein or Jagertee, definitely no Cava or Procesco. I guess Champagne and Calvados are off the list too. Never really liked Ouzo, nor Carlsberg or Stella Artois for that matter.
Hmm, ok it'll have to be whisky then and maybe vodka. Maybe some sparkling water from gogogogoch, unless they produce something alcoholic using seaweed over that way.
Oh well, at least I might make a few savings on the booze this Christmas, what with my measly salary. Carrie, have we got any Majestic vouchers in the drawer?

LauraNorder Tue 17-Nov-20 13:31:00

Jeremy Corbyn Annual 2018 for Sir Keir
Warm undies for Ian Blackford, must be cold under that kilt up there in bonnie Scotland (or whatever he calls them)

Ellianne Tue 17-Nov-20 13:18:04

Christmas overseas present list now folks:

birch sticks for Angela with which to whip her, Nice!
A lead figurine in Emmanuel's galette so he chokes on his words
Some L'Oreal revitalift filler for Brigitte
Lumps of coal for the Austrian bloke, (bound to begin with von der something)
A few gnomes and trolls for Donald
Can't possibly write down what I'd like to give Melania
An Easter bunny ornament for Jacinda
Crikey how much is all this postage amounting to? On my measly salary?

Alishka Tue 17-Nov-20 12:41:49

Not just lemongrove, all of you. Great job!grin
Thank you everyone.

LauraNorder Tue 17-Nov-20 12:39:48

continuing Amazon order (other sites are available)
bag of gobstoppers for sister
calculator for Matt H
meal voucher for Rishi
glassses for Dom C
cyanide for Dom G
dance lessons for Theresa
blunt knife for Michael G

Iam64 Tue 17-Nov-20 12:29:14

lemongrove -tripping over Nicola Sturgeon had me spluttering out loud, keep them coming

Lucca Tue 17-Nov-20 12:03:34

Been ordering some stuff off Amazon. Got some face masks for Dad, a peerage for bro....oh no I got him that already.

LauraNorder Tue 17-Nov-20 11:37:02

Had the catholic church on my back, they totally misunderstand the meaning of mass testing, duh

LauraNorder Tue 17-Nov-20 11:35:00

Note to self..
Get Carrie to buy a flat in Bristol for Wilfred

trisher Tue 17-Nov-20 11:28:09

Camping reminds me I need to ask Blair how he got out of here with so much dosh. Way things are going it'll be a tent for us.
Ha Hancock on telly saying Christmas is doubtful or some such tosh. Whose going to be the Gringe now? not me at any rate.

LauraNorder Tue 17-Nov-20 11:15:08

Sextus, Septimus sounded good to me, Carrie wanted Primo or Primitus, I suppose in her case......
Sounded more like a camping stove to me

LauraNorder Tue 17-Nov-20 11:10:34

Contemplating my navel, so much fluff, where's the hand held vac? Thinking about Tony Blair's biggest mistake, thoughts wander to Cherie, must remember to post Christmas cards. Oops better steer clear of post box references. Devolution? Is that evolution in reverse, mmmm ponder ponder

trisher Tue 17-Nov-20 11:08:49

Mind I do like his idea of giving them Latin numerals for names- helps you keep track off them. Carrie wasn't up for it though and anyway I wasn't sure if it was Sextus or Septimus. Aw well!

LauraNorder Tue 17-Nov-20 10:57:25

JRM slammed the phone down, took offence when I asked after his kids, silly old goat.

Alishka Tue 17-Nov-20 10:53:52

I'm in for all the updates, lemongrove Great stuff! gringringrin

LauraNorder Tue 17-Nov-20 10:35:33

don't want to spoil the flow but 'tripped over Nicola Sturgeon', I cant stop giggling, nearly choked on my coffee. hilarious Lemon

Callistemon Tue 17-Nov-20 10:11:18

Oh, I needed a laugh LauraNorder and Ole Nomgrev!
Thank you
Keep 'em coming.