Gransnet forums

News & politics

Wills and Harry rift blown out of proportion

(448 Posts)
ExD Mon 19-Apr-21 14:28:24

I've thought all along that the so-called "feud" between the brothers has been exaggerated by the media. Brothers fall out as anyone with sons will tell you. Usually they make it up and everything is forgotten, but with Harry leaving the country and the press delighting in nasty gossip, a small disagreement has grown into all out war.
At least one reporter thinks as I do.

7news.com.au/entertainment/prince-philip/body-language-expert-reads-between-the-lines-as-harry-and-william-reunite-c-2621430

Lucca Sat 24-Apr-21 19:22:11

Anniebach

queenscommonwealthcanopy.org/

Thank you

Anniebach Sat 24-Apr-21 19:21:29

Yes,

Emily49 Sat 24-Apr-21 19:20:10

Anniebach

Is this anything to do with William and Harry?

Anniebach Sat 24-Apr-21 19:02:56

Lucca Sat 24-Apr-21 18:56:39

Anniebach

Edward and Sophie should be involved with The Queens Canopy

What on earth is the queens canopy?? Or should it be canapé ??

suziewoozie Sat 24-Apr-21 18:34:33

eazybee

*I use initials a lot when posting. There really is nothing wrong with that at all*.

Yes there is because they obscure meaning. I wasted time discovering TAAT meant 'thread about another thread'. Really?
Now I don't bother if the meaning isn't immediately clear.

I was talking about initials of people not acronyms. TAAT is well known on GN - it should be, there’s a lot of it about ?

eazybee Sat 24-Apr-21 18:21:44

I use initials a lot when posting. There really is nothing wrong with that at all.

Yes there is because they obscure meaning. I wasted time discovering TAAT meant 'thread about another thread'. Really?
Now I don't bother if the meaning isn't immediately clear.

suziewoozie Sat 24-Apr-21 18:13:41

This thread is turning into a delightful collection of non sequiturs ?

suziewoozie Sat 24-Apr-21 18:11:07

Well we all know what happened to Marie and Louis?

Anniebach Sat 24-Apr-21 18:06:42

Edward and Sophie should be involved with The Queens Canopy

suziewoozie Sat 24-Apr-21 17:46:42

Callistemon

I've called him Borrie before now, perhaps I'd better stop.
It seemed to go with Carrie ........

Slapped wrist for me too.

Borrie?

Callistemon Sat 24-Apr-21 17:37:32

I've called him Borrie before now, perhaps I'd better stop.
It seemed to go with Carrie ........

Slapped wrist for me too.

Joyfulnanna Sat 24-Apr-21 17:29:24

It's all their business anyway. We're not affected. I am glad meghan's off the scene. Edward and Sophie would do a better job any day. And of course the wonderful Princess Anne

Galaxy Sat 24-Apr-21 17:27:50

Good to know Suzie grin

suziewoozie Sat 24-Apr-21 17:24:06

I use initials a lot when posting. There really is nothing wrong with that at all. They are not nicknames. I would never be posting about a blow job which term I find cringey but if ( unlikely) I posted on this topic on GN I would say oral sex. I think Carrie Antoinette is very amusing and accurate term to use

Smileless2012 Sat 24-Apr-21 17:21:12

Precisely Callistemon, I know what I mean and others can think what they like.

Callistemon Sat 24-Apr-21 17:03:27

Oh! I just looked it up.
I didn't realise but it makes no difference - people using his initials know who they mean. If others want to put a different interpretation on it then that is their mind.

ABdePJ?
Bit of a mouthful

Casdon Sat 24-Apr-21 16:55:13

Callistemon I didn’t either, but when I saw the comment about it I looked up the initials and it does stand for something that’s really not appropriate at all. I’m still learning.

Callistemon Sat 24-Apr-21 16:44:24

Casdon

Oh gosh, I said BJ earlier, I didn’t realise it was slang for anything other than an abbreviation of his initials. I just looked it up. I don’t like him, but I won’t use that abbreviation again - apologies, I agree that’s out of order.

Why? I don't understand it confused

Callistemon Sat 24-Apr-21 16:42:25

Eh up Rosie51, don’t be bringing a bit of sense into any discussion about William and Harry. Steady On, or you’ll be suggesting a bit of sympathy for both these brothers may be the best approach.

Iam64
Dunna be daft, duck

Oops, sorry blush

Callistemon Sat 24-Apr-21 16:38:36

Elegran

That is speciesist, Anniebach, on both you and Donald.

As is the nickname for Omid Scobie

Is he a Great Dane? No. Should a Great Dane be offended when he is nothing like Omid Scobie who is a journalist?

Too right Scoobydoo should - which self- respecting Great Dane would want to be likened to a journalist who writes such shallow rubbish?

Callistemon Sat 24-Apr-21 16:27:13

Emily49

I have a well developed sense of humour, but I find that comment offensive. “Off the cuff” comments can often contain inappropriateness. Or, is it ok, for instance, to say about someone, “ Oh, he’s just a bit daft”?

Yes, probably, although that is possibly sexist as females can be a bit daft too
In fact, I'm sure Anniebach might not mind me saying that she was a bit daft to post what she did about clocking Harry one.

Slapped wrist, Anniebach, you knew you'd get into trouble.

Lucca Sat 24-Apr-21 16:17:00

Smileless2012

Very good Bridgeitgrin.

Why did you quote my post that was about Oprah and then comment about posters being "exceedingly judgemental of said Harry" Luca; I didn't mention him in that particular post?

How on earth can you see anything racist in a poster giving Omid Scobie the nick name Scoobydoo Alegrias or are you desperately trying to find a reason to get this thread shut down, as others have been by making false allegations of racism?

I agree lemongrove if there are some who find anything associated with H & M or the RF so boring, why not leave those of us who do want to discuss it in peace to do so.

Hi. I was quoting the “maybe you could be less judgmental bit, that’s all.

Elegran Sat 24-Apr-21 16:14:59

I myself wouldn't have referred to Omid Scobie at all, under any name or nickname, and couldn't see any connection with Scoobie-doo, apart from the similarity of Scobie and Scoobie. However, on doing a bit of research on Scoobie-doo, I found out that In 2002, . . Scooby-Doo returned to Saturday morning for the first time in 17 years with "What's New, Scooby-Doo?" Perhaps the link is that Mr Scobie is writing about "What's new" in the Harry/Megan saga? I still don't see any racism, except the unrelated fact that he has an Iranian mother.

Ellianne Sat 24-Apr-21 15:31:49

lemsip

THREAD TITLE WAS ;Wills and Harry rift blown out of proportion (

a dead and buried thread now it seems. as an acutely argumentative bad mannered thread has appeared.
should be remembered that you wouldn't give each other time of day if you met in real life so get over yourselves and go and cool off.

Exactly lemsip. I tried to talk about William and Harry at 7.40, 7.44, 12.44, 14.06 as did a few other posters. However, some so called "disinterested" posters want to derail the thread and come up with the derogatory, bad mannered remarks you mention.
I am very cool here today, quite a breeze on the coast.