Gransnet forums

News & politics

Sometimes there are no words!

(59 Posts)
Sarnia Thu 10-Jun-21 17:03:41

Boris has flown to Cornwall to discuss climate change.

maddyone Thu 10-Jun-21 23:46:12

Alegrias dancing with a chicken ? love it

muffin the moo the image of BJ on a zipwire from London to Cornwall grin

Callistemon Thu 10-Jun-21 23:03:45

Ellianne

Why not grab a Dartmoor pony for part of the journey? Wilfred would enjoy that.

Is that Haytor Ellianne?
I walked up there when I was older than Boris.
If I could do it I don't see why he can't.

I'm more worried about all the trees that were chopped down in the preparations for this conference. I hope they'll replant.

Ellianne Thu 10-Jun-21 22:34:06

Alegrias, were you learning the birdie song dance by any chance?

SueDonim Thu 10-Jun-21 22:11:05

That was my thought, Muffinthemoo! A London-Cornwall zip wire would be an excellent transport mode. V popular with tourists, too, I should imagine.

alegrias ? at the dancing chicken!

GillT57 Thu 10-Jun-21 21:59:10

Saw Trump this week with horrendously fitted trousers. What’s up with them?? ?‍♀️ There were rumours online for a few hours that he had put them on backwards grin grin grin. After a rather grim day, I am much cheered by my vision of Alegrias dancing with a chicken....... doing the funky chicken.......la la la

Talullah Thu 10-Jun-21 21:52:09

Did you read my link, Kali2? Public transport is not functioning at all in some areas because of this summit. Here it is in case you missed it.

www.cornwalllive.com/news/cornwall-news/g7-cornwall-rail-road-closure-5302077

You're fighting a losing battle here.

Chewbacca Thu 10-Jun-21 21:48:51

Surely it would have been a real opportunity to show an example for once.

Could you provide an example Kali2?

Kali2 Thu 10-Jun-21 21:21:18

Chestnut

Was Boris the only one to fly there? I imagine all the leaders flew there along with their teams. And then there are all the Police and everyone else involved, quite a few people I'm sure.
Don't forget with so many people in this country our road and rail network are not always speedy and reliable.

Well other leaders flew in because they came from far and wide. And remind me why the road and rail network is not very good?

Surely it would have been a real opportunity to show an example for once.

JaneJudge Thu 10-Jun-21 20:24:43

Alegrias1

JaneJudge

the thing i hate about video meetings is... you have no idea who else is in the room with the people you are meeting with
I cannot be the only one who wonders this

Off topic a bit...

I've been doing online dance classes since the first lockdown, learning, not teaching. Now that its warm I open the door of our conservatory during the class. Earlier this week I was joined for the class by one of next door's chickens. ? ?

that's hilarious grin

Alegrias1 Thu 10-Jun-21 20:17:52

JaneJudge

the thing i hate about video meetings is... you have no idea who else is in the room with the people you are meeting with

Off topic a bit...

I've been doing online dance classes since the first lockdown, learning, not teaching. Now that its warm I open the door of our conservatory during the class. Earlier this week I was joined for the class by one of next door's chickens. ? ?

muffinthemoo Thu 10-Jun-21 20:11:08

Alegrias1

Did you expect him to hitch hike?

All this indignation about the carbon footprint of the summit. ^Its a drop in the ocean.^

I wanted him to zipline whilst holding a Union flag

JaneJudge Thu 10-Jun-21 19:53:07

Alegrias1 Thu 10-Jun-21 19:51:14

by video conferencing

Oh, for an edit button...

Alegrias1 Thu 10-Jun-21 19:50:29

In the spirit of the thread I'm going for light-hearted. wink

This isn't a sales meeting for Wernham Hogg, its a summit of the leaders of the biggest economies in the world. Whether we like it or not, relationships are created and nurtured by these individuals being in the same location, and schmoozing each other. The actual "business" of the meeting could be done my video conferencing but the intangible bit needs face to face meetings.

Like many here though, I'm not sure the middle of the pandemic is a good time for a meeting like this. But whenever its held, it needs to be face to face.

Rowantree Thu 10-Jun-21 19:46:42

doodledog completely agree! Zoom is the way to go. Now that would show commitment.

Polarbear2 Thu 10-Jun-21 19:39:23

I just keep wondering why these very wealthy men can’t afford good tailors? They all have jackets pulling at the waist? Mrs May was the same. Her jackets were so badly fitted. Saw Trump this week with horrendously fitted trousers. What’s up with them?? ?‍♀️

JaneJudge Thu 10-Jun-21 19:38:15

certainly can and the produced methane is more harmful to the environment

Casdon Thu 10-Jun-21 19:35:45

I think Boris can fly under his own steam can’t he?

Ellianne Thu 10-Jun-21 19:25:38

Thanks maddyone.
It's a shame many GNs are put off venturing on to the N & Politics forum. It is possible to have some fun!
Not sure if the first few posters on this thread will come up with any better ideas for Boris?

maddyone Thu 10-Jun-21 19:16:04

Some wonderful suggestions here grin
I think the Dartmoor pony is the best idea though, as Ellianne says, Wilfred would love it.

Chestnut Thu 10-Jun-21 18:30:56

Boris and Biden could always have gone by microlight down to Cornwall.

Ellianne Thu 10-Jun-21 18:26:17

Why not grab a Dartmoor pony for part of the journey? Wilfred would enjoy that.

MaizieD Thu 10-Jun-21 18:25:50

JaneJudge

He flew there yesterday and his excuse for flying was because he had to get there quickly to meet Biden, who was in Suffolk....

Perhaps he could have met Biden in Suffolk and shared his helicopter ride to Cornwall..

25Avalon Thu 10-Jun-21 18:25:06

With a name like Sarnia maybe she lives on Guernsey so wouldn’t need a car. Um, I just speculated grin

Chewbacca Thu 10-Jun-21 18:21:49

I'm just hoping Sarnia doesn't own or drive a car, ever travel abroad by plane or ship, eats only produce from the UK and has 100% solar/wind energy to run her home.