Gransnet forums

News & politics

Misogyny

(97 Posts)
JaneJudge Wed 06-Oct-21 18:11:00

Doodledog

JaneJudge

Isn't he the one who didn't understand the channel crossing?
He does seem a bit thick

Yeah, that's the one.

When I was a student I had a boyfriend who wore a T shirt with the slogan 'Vote Tory - they are the cream of society!' in big letters, then in small ones underneath 'Rich and thick and full of clots).

Tame by today's standards, but some things never seem to date.

Didn't someone actually DRIVE him there to look at it? confused I mean, seriously!

Doodledog Wed 06-Oct-21 18:09:37

Iam64

He’s an embarrassment. Misogyny can’t be used about men Kali2, unless you want a debate about trsnspeople

Oh God, not today, please! ?.

Iam64 Wed 06-Oct-21 18:01:22

He’s an embarrassment. Misogyny can’t be used about men Kali2, unless you want a debate about trsnspeople

Doodledog Wed 06-Oct-21 17:55:34

JaneJudge

He does seem a bit thick

Yeah, that's the one.

When I was a student I had a boyfriend who wore a T shirt with the slogan 'Vote Tory - they are the cream of society!' in big letters, then in small ones underneath 'Rich and thick and full of clots).

Tame by today's standards, but some things never seem to date.

JaneJudge Wed 06-Oct-21 17:36:54

He does seem a bit thick

Doodledog Wed 06-Oct-21 17:35:14

It really doesn't matter which school or university he attended.

At my (fairly grotty, State comprehensive) school we were taught not to use words we didn't understand. Those who persisted in showing off by doing so soon learnt the error of their ways when they showed themselves for the ignoramuses they were.

It is worrying that not only does he fail to understand a fairly basic concept such as misogyny but that he hasn't got the sense to have one of his aides read through his speech before he delivers it.

Dinahmo Wed 06-Oct-21 16:59:01

He obviously didn't learn a great deal whilst in education since he didn't know about the reliance of UK trade on the Dover Calais crossing.

More recently his actions regarding Afghanistan left a lot to be desired too.

grannyrebel7 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:45:40

No chance of him knowing what misandry is then!

AGAA4 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:40:46

Misogyny!

AGAA4 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:32:23

He clearly didn't understand the word 'mysogyny'.He had to have it explained.

Bodach Wed 06-Oct-21 16:29:03

"It makes me wonder why these elite schools and universities actually teach." Hopefully, ayse, such establishments teach their students to read over what they have written before clicking 'POST MESSAGE'; or did you really mean "why" rather than "what"? And before anybody else piles in with the usual rants against private schools, may I point out that Dominic Raab attended a publicly-funded grammar school.

MaizieD Wed 06-Oct-21 16:28:17

It appears to be a cardinal GN sin - to be right of centre, attend a private school (gone to Oxbridge probably be extended to Russell Group next) earn above average salary and crime of all crimes voted to leave the EU.

Got it in one. GG13

Let's forget about all those people who voted Leave to stick one on the Metropolitan Elite*, shall we?

*Metropolitan Elite = high earning university educated experts and business people...

Doodledog Wed 06-Oct-21 16:13:12

Words fail me.

Callistemon Wed 06-Oct-21 16:11:21

Lots of state school pupils go to Oxbridge.
They don't all become politicians.
Just what part of misogyny has he misunderstood?

Off to check.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:09:13

Lincslass

GagaJo

It makes me wonder why these elite schools and universities actually teach.

Mainly, how to perpetuate unearned privilege.

You mean the scientists, medical professions, engineers, yes all those privileged people. Or is it just some politicians you take aim at.

It appears to be a cardinal GN sin - to be right of centre, attend a private school (gone to Oxbridge probably be extended to Russell Group next) earn above average salary and crime of all crimes voted to leave the EU.

Kali2 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:08:54

Lincslass- most of the doctors (and I know very many!), scientists and engineers- etc- I know never went to those elite Public schools, or even private, but grammar schools and even (gasp!) Comprehensives.

Kali2 Wed 06-Oct-21 16:06:38

Well, for once, and just this once- I will not get upset about his wrong use of the word and concept- and actually agree with him ... somehow.

Lincslass Wed 06-Oct-21 16:02:59

GagaJo

*It makes me wonder why these elite schools and universities actually teach.*

You mean the scientists, medical professions, engineers, yes all those privileged people. Or is it just some politicians you take aim at.

GagaJo Wed 06-Oct-21 15:59:28

It makes me wonder why these elite schools and universities actually teach.

Smileless2012 Wed 06-Oct-21 15:57:09

What's he said ayse?

ayse Wed 06-Oct-21 15:54:25

What these elite ….

ayse Wed 06-Oct-21 15:53:58

Dominic Raab is unbelievable. He doesn’t seem to understand what misogyny means! As a person educated at Oxbridge I would expect him to have some understanding of the English language. It makes me wonder why these elite schools and universities actually teach.