Gransnet forums

News & politics

This government has acted in bad faith

(43 Posts)
foxie48 Wed 13-Oct-21 11:54:44

Neither Cummings nor Johnson can be trusted but the situation in NI is not workable so it's in everyone's interests that another solution is found. I've never been one to cut my nose of to spite my face and although I dislike liars, feel uncomfortable about reneging on an agreement we need to find another solution.

Smileless2012 Wed 13-Oct-21 11:41:43

Hypocrisy, that's a bit rich Whitewavemark.

I've never defended Cummings vegansrock, never liked or trusted him.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Oct-21 11:39:30

Condemning Cummings as a liar - is a bit rich when people support the biggest liar we have ever had as PM.

Hypocrisy!

vegansrock Wed 13-Oct-21 11:37:46

Funny those who now say Cummings is a liar were defending him to the hilt when he was Johnson’s advisor .

MaizieD Wed 13-Oct-21 11:33:30

MerylStreep

Dominic Cummings lied to the country. So now we are expected to believe him ?
But only if it suits your agenda.

Indeed he did, Meryl. He was the director of Vote Leave, wasn't he? Initiator of the many lies disseminated in the Vote Leave campaign. Lies believed by thousands, even millions, and quite often cited on these forums over the past few years.

Ironically, his assertion now that an international treaty was signed by our government with every intention of breaking it and that Johnson lied to the country (at Cumming's instigation) in order to win the 2019 election, is most likely to be the truth. From his tweeting and blogging it is evident that he's very proud of himself for doing it.

MerylStreep Wed 13-Oct-21 11:19:52

Whitewavemark2

Yesterday Frost said that the government has drawn up proposals for the NI protocol.

But I notice that they have not yet been published.

But I notice that they have not yet been published
Probably because the eu commission have to read it, then the 27 countries, then Uncle Tom cobbly and his wife and then we might get an answer.

lemongrove Wed 13-Oct-21 11:19:43

It’s all different now?Cummings is held up as Mr Nice Guy through the ‘my enemy’s enemy is my friend’ theme.

Katie59 you are wrong as it happens, the EU is now in conciliatory mode over NI.

Smileless2012 Wed 13-Oct-21 10:51:26

I refuse to accept what Cumming's says because he's an embittered liar Whitewavemark, and I don't remember you hanging on his every word when he was a member of the Government.

Urmstongran Wed 13-Oct-21 10:46:00

I always thought that would be the plan. It got Brexit done ✅
Now back round the table to make the deal more considerate for the whole of the UK.

The EU have already given 50% concessions on some aspect of trade checks. The situation was untenable and they must have agreed that otherwise they wouldn’t have budged.

Chewbacca Wed 13-Oct-21 10:43:02

Cummings is a lying, dishonest, corrupt little weasel who wouldn't know the truth if it bit him on the arse.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Oct-21 10:41:32

Yesterday Frost said that the government has drawn up proposals for the NI protocol.

But I notice that they have not yet been published.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Oct-21 10:38:36

Those who refuse to accept what Cummings has said have not been listening. It was obvious that this treaty was never going to work. Johnson was told right from the announcement if his “oven ready” deal, but they pushed it through without due diligence by Parliament because they knew that it doesn’t stand up to scrutiny.

Germanshepherdsmum Wed 13-Oct-21 10:35:49

Smileless2012

The man's a liar and I for one have no interest in what he has to say.

Nor I.

Katie59 Wed 13-Oct-21 10:34:48

That was obvious from day one, the way they were squirming around trying to get out the agreement. Classic, just like children, they are trying to get out of the NI protocol now, the EU are having none of it.

MerylStreep Wed 13-Oct-21 10:34:24

Dominic Cummings lied to the country. So now we are expected to believe him ?
But only if it suits your agenda.

Smileless2012 Wed 13-Oct-21 10:34:06

The man's a liar and I for one have no interest in what he has to say.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Oct-21 10:31:05

Someone in the Tory party who understood.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 13-Oct-21 10:19:06

Cummings has said that it was always the intention that this ragbag of a government would renege on the Brexit agreement.

There is no other government in our lifetime that has behaved like this.

They lied to the country and to the co-signatories.