Corbyns Torque

(1000 Posts)
Primrose65 Tue 09-Jan-18 12:00:05

A continuation of Momentum and Intertia

www.gransnet.com/forums/news_and_politics/1243288-Corbyns-Inertia

Anniebach Tue 09-Jan-18 12:02:45

?

lemongrove Tue 09-Jan-18 12:03:40

Thinking about it too much could give one nightmares though Primrose ?

Primrose65 Tue 09-Jan-18 12:07:58

grin grin lemon

petra Tue 09-Jan-18 12:29:24

In layman terms Torque is often referred to as: ' pulling power' ' oomp' or grunt.
Made me smile.

Anniebach Tue 09-Jan-18 12:30:43

pulling power? Good grief ?

petra Tue 09-Jan-18 12:33:26

I hoped that would amuse you annie

Anniebach Tue 09-Jan-18 13:42:05

Jaw dropping .petra ?

Yet in fairness he did manage to 'pull' three wives .

Sorry couldn't resist it

nigglynellie Tue 09-Jan-18 14:03:55

Oh annie!!! grin

Anniebach Tue 09-Jan-18 14:07:51

niggly, I did try to resist it but it was tooooo strong a temptation ?

nigglynellie Tue 09-Jan-18 14:20:48

smile

Day6 Tue 09-Jan-18 14:27:27

Lest we forget. From the BBC politics pages regarding Corbyn's leadership of the Labour Party.

"He faced a mass walkout from the shadow cabinet and then a vote of no confidence, which he lost by 172 votes to 40, as Labour MPs - enemies and previously loyal shadow ministers alike - urged him to quit.

He refused to budge, pointing to the huge mandate he had received from Labour members and arguing that he had done better than many had expected in the electoral tests he had faced since becoming leader."

Labour members or 'Twitter Trots' as I heard them called on LBC this morning - all young keyboard warriors who dominate social media.

Anniebach Tue 09-Jan-18 14:49:18

And far more vitriolic than any newspaper

Jalima1108 Tue 09-Jan-18 15:02:12

Is the term 'Labour Party' an out-moded and out-dated term anyway?

Anniebach Tue 09-Jan-18 15:25:40

It is now the Momentum party but they are too cunning to change the name .

lemongrove Tue 09-Jan-18 17:58:17

I think a few posters may be conveniently forgetting the depth of anti Corbyn feeling there was, and probably still is from Labour MP’s.

lemongrove Tue 09-Jan-18 17:59:41

Not any posters commenting so far, I hasten to add.smile

jura2 Tue 09-Jan-18 18:19:42

I'm afraid this thread is just too pathetic to comment on

Chewbacca Tue 09-Jan-18 18:24:01

Knew they wouldn't be able to resist! grin

lemongrove Tue 09-Jan-18 18:24:49

Stick around, it could get better grin you could add something of your own? Although you did just start your own Corbyn thread.

Anniebach Tue 09-Jan-18 19:11:58

There still is anti Corbyn feeling, many could be deselected so who can blame them knowing he is supporting their deselection . He wants to surround himself with yes men/women and don't forget his hit list

Anniebach Tue 09-Jan-18 19:12:32

You just commented .jura !

varian Tue 09-Jan-18 19:32:52

It is sad at a time when our politics are more polarised than ever before, that the bitterest divisions seem to be between the pro and anti Corbyn members of the Labour Party.

We have an appalling right wing government, intent on destroying the country by forcing us to a cliff edge brexit, delivering the wishes of the foreign billionaires and tax exiles who control the right wing gutter press - and the official opposition party, riven with internal division will not even co-operate with the other progressive parties, the Liberal Democrats, Greens, Scottish Nationalists and Welsh Nationalists who are trying to save our country from oblivion.

Jalima1108 Tue 09-Jan-18 19:50:54

There still is anti Corbyn feeling, many could be deselected so who can blame them knowing he is supporting their deselection

It is sad at a time when our politics are more polarised than ever before, that the bitterest divisions seem to be between the pro and anti Corbyn members of the Labour Party.

Both statements are true and sum up what is wrong at the moment.

We need a party of Social Democrats to steer a middle course and not parties of extremists.

I am discounting the Lib Dems these days unfortunately, they were lost in the wilderness a while ago.

The same seems to be happening in other countries too, though, not just here in the UK.

varian Tue 09-Jan-18 20:09:04

The Liberal Democrats are the only party fighting for a fair, open and inclusive UK.

The party membership has in the last year grown to over 100,000 - far more members than the Conservatives.

Unlike the Conservatives we do not serve the intersts of wealthy priveleged paymasters and unlike the Labour party we are not funded by the block vote trade unions and the party within a party that is momentum.

In spite of being marginalised by the media, the LibDems have achieved a great deal and are the only national party which has ever put the country first, even at the expense of short term electoral popularity.

If you believe in liberalism and social democracy, and want to see the UK remaining a strong European country,support the LibDems.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion