Gransnet forums

News & politics

What's good about Boris?

(86 Posts)
Lessismore Tue 23-Jul-19 12:50:19

Please, anybody tell me. I just don't get it at all.

disclaimer.....I am not a Marxist.

Gonegirl Tue 23-Jul-19 12:52:23

He's fun, as well as being clever.

This from Shakespear's Twelfth Night: Wise enough to play the fool.

Sara65 Tue 23-Jul-19 12:53:11

I can’t believe this is happening!!!!

Charleygirl5 Tue 23-Jul-19 12:56:39

He is a lying bumbling idiot and that is the best I could say about him. The rest is unrepeatable.

Minniemoo Tue 23-Jul-19 12:59:40

He's a brilliant man. He's also got a personality. Mayor of London twice. There are obviously a lot of people who do like him. Just like some like Jeremy Corbyn, Trump, Thatcher, Farage etc etc. So don't worry that you don't get it.I don't get other people's opinions. We all know that nobody will change anyone's mind about this. Some are pleased, some are not. Just like a lot of things in life.

Lessismore Tue 23-Jul-19 13:06:11

brilliant?

Fennel Tue 23-Jul-19 13:06:56

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
We'll have to wait and see what he makes of the job.

Loislovesstewie Tue 23-Jul-19 13:09:46

He reminds me of an 8 year old child , I'm sorry but I don't see the attraction.

Labaik Tue 23-Jul-19 13:22:10

He got us into this mess so it'll be good to see him attempt to get us out of it #notholdingmybreath

RosieLeah Tue 23-Jul-19 15:50:06

Let's be honest though, just as when Theresa May was voted into office....there wasn't really any alternative, was there? When the candidates were first announced, it was obvious who would win...the rest were 'also-rans'.

Day6 Tue 23-Jul-19 16:48:47

So don't worry that you don't get it.I don't get other people's opinions. We all know that nobody will change anyone's mind about this. Some are pleased, some are not. Just like a lot of things in life

Exactly Minniemoo

Can anymore be said on the subject?

let's try "What's good about Bercow?"

"What's good about Corbyn?"

just for a start.

We could go through every member of the HOC.

He's just another Prime Minister. Most of them didn't have to go through trial by social media before they took office. It's a relatively new phenomenon that people in the public eye get pulled to pieces by their online critics whether it is justified or not.

We all seem to find dislike/hatred/vitriol quite easy, sadly, and this is on a forum for 'older people' too.

JenniferEccles Tue 23-Jul-19 16:51:10

All we can do is hope he keeps his promises! I have my doubts but he had twice as many votes as Hunt so Tory members must have been confident he is the right man for the job.

varian Tue 23-Jul-19 17:07:49

He is a habitual liar so if he did keep any of his promises that would be a first.

Ellianne Tue 23-Jul-19 17:13:40

He speaks quite a few European languages which might give some of the conceited idiots over there a shake up.

EllanVannin Tue 23-Jul-19 17:16:13

I've said it before----he won't reign long.

BlueBelle Tue 23-Jul-19 17:21:19

Nasty piece of work who can’t keep his mouth shut bumbles and blusters like a village idiot lies through his back teeth never answers a question, is as wriggly as a snake but I prefer snakes Will put his foot in it left right and centre and will makes us even more of a laughing stock than we already are, other than that .....he’s got what he always wanted I reckon he slid out the womb planning this

Callistemon Tue 23-Jul-19 17:29:46

is as wriggly as a snake but I prefer snakes shock
How many snakes have you encountered Bluebelle?
Having come across a few snakes, even I would prefer to be confronted by Boris!

Glammy57 Tue 23-Jul-19 17:33:51

His paternal great-grandfather was Turkish! ?

Bridgeit Tue 23-Jul-19 17:37:07

I heard his Father speaking about him this morning, from what I heard him say it is he, Boris Senior who directs what Boris Junior says!

Lessismore Tue 23-Jul-19 17:39:25

We all seem to find dislike/hatred/vitriol quite easy.....really .....Where?

I can't seem to find anything factual about his ability in languages other than English.He speaks fluent French, so do a lot of people.

Sara65 Tue 23-Jul-19 17:41:37

Bluebelle

I agree, there have been plenty of other party leaders on both sides who have left me cold over the years, but I have long dreaded this day, go be honest, I can hardly believe it, but after Trump. I suppose anything is possible!

Sara65 Tue 23-Jul-19 17:42:17

To be honest

sodapop Tue 23-Jul-19 17:47:48

Yes we got that impression as well Bridgeit. Let's just hope Boris reins in his antics and uses the intelligence he undoubtedly has. I'm not holding out much hope though.

Grammaretto Tue 23-Jul-19 17:51:45

Sara65 ditto

suziewoozie Tue 23-Jul-19 18:05:21

^^^^^