Gransnet forums

News & politics

I don't know about Trump being impeached, might be better to get him sectioned!

(27 Posts)
phoenix Wed 09-Oct-19 17:57:29

So, "The Donald" reckons he has "ruined Turkey's economy before, and can do it again"

"Matron, he's gone all funny again............."

SueDonim Wed 09-Oct-19 19:59:16

'Nurse, the screens! Now!'

I sometimes think I'm living in a parallel universe, truly I do. confused

mcem Wed 09-Oct-19 20:22:38

Don't forget his 'great and unmatched wisdom!'

phoenix Wed 09-Oct-19 21:14:50

I've said it before and I'll say it again, with regard to GB & the US, to quote the words of the song "Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you"

Iam64 Wed 09-Oct-19 21:17:09

phoenix - excellent post, many thanks. Carry On indeed.

I realise we aren't allowed to diagnose because a) we aren't psychiatrists and b) we haven't directly assessed or examined him BUT - put simply, he's lost the plot.

I'm not diagnosing honest - has he a narcissistic personality disorder? Is he having a psychotic episode (as people with PD's sometimes do)
Can anything be done to prevent him causing WW3 or are we worrying unnecessarily?
Discuss

Gonegirl Wed 09-Oct-19 22:45:48

The man's gone totally puggled. According to the presenter on BBC1 news Trump has said, "They (the Kurds) didn't help us in the Second Word War. They didn't help us in Normandy".

WTAF?!!!

Gonegirl Wed 09-Oct-19 22:49:14

Apparently the US had fifty soldiers in the region keeping the peace, and whilst they were there Turkey held back because no way were they going to shed American blood.

Trump called them home and Turkey has attacked.

As if the Syrian people haven't had enough. And what if those IS prisoners get away?

Downright scary.

Nortsat46 Thu 10-Oct-19 07:18:20

I know that he considers himself a 'highly stable genius', but I am more and more unnerved by his pronouncements and behaviour.

I also understand that his popularity ratings are falling, but I am most alarmed at the thought of a second term.

TwiceAsNice Thu 10-Oct-19 07:57:14

If he gets a second term then it is truly the American people who have lost the plot!

BradfordLass72 Thu 10-Oct-19 10:08:43

am64 Within the first year of Trump being in office, at least one eminent psychiatrist pointed out in a very interesting article, just how mentally flawed this man is.

You don't have to be qualified, just able to read all the despicable things he's done, to know this man is getting away with murder.

But then so did Hitler who was originally lauded as Germany's saviour.

varian Thu 10-Oct-19 12:38:39

Donald Trump 'defends' US diplomat's wife over Harry Dunn's crash death: wrong-way driving 'happens'

www.standard.co.uk/news/world/donald-trump-defends-us-diplomats-wife-over-harry-dunns-crash-death-wrongway-driving-happens-a4258066.html?utm_source=taboola&utm_medium=Feed

Alexa Thu 10-Oct-19 12:48:18

I don't agree Trump is demented or mad. He is a very clever and self serving con man .

Iam64 Thu 10-Oct-19 12:57:04

BradfordLass, yes I remember that. My comment about not being qualified as a psychiatrist was tongue in cheek in response to many people who say no one should judge Trumps mental health unless they have a) examined him personally and b) are qualified psychiatrists

I was a qualified m.h. social worker so I've met a number Trumpalikes. It really worries me that he is the POTUS.

varian - absolutely, he talked about Americans finding it difficult to drive on the left as though it's perfectly normal and acceptable. Must be because it happened to him! Lots of us will drive in other European countries, in the USA etc and somehow we manage to drive on the appropriate side, like everyone else in that country.
The man is impossible and not fit to hold office

Barmeyoldbat Thu 10-Oct-19 13:28:37

Agree with all that is said and might add he has a british twin.

Jane43 Fri 18-Oct-19 14:45:35

Trump has reached a new low saying it was best to let the Turks and the Kurds ‘fight it out before separating them’, likening it to letting two kids fight it out to teach them a lesson. This man makes my skin crawl and so do his supporters. Innocent people who have been through so much have been treated like pawns in a war game. Not that he has any experience of war because of his ‘bone spurs’.

Gonegirl Fri 18-Oct-19 14:50:56

I agree. Incredibly awful. What about the innocent people caught up in it? The children and babies?

Stupid stupid man.

Luckygirl Fri 18-Oct-19 16:12:47

He has delusions of grandeur and infallibility. Describing yourself as a genius is simply not normal behaviour.

Lazigirl Fri 18-Oct-19 16:56:43

Well I had the odd fight in a playground when I was in school, but it didn't end up in serious violence, slaughter or everyone in the neighbourhood fleeing as a result, as I recall.

paintingthetownred Fri 18-Oct-19 17:03:20

No. The NHS is overloaded as it is i.e. the available spaces on psychiatric wards need to go to someone more deserving...

painting

paintingthetownred Fri 18-Oct-19 17:04:37

Perhaps he might try mindfulness. There is a ladybird book on it out there...not too expensive.

Either that or taking up knitting. (no offence to the knitting contingent on here)…

painting

Iam64 Fri 18-Oct-19 18:54:00

painting - this is rather beyond knitting or mindfulness. This man has a NPD, delusions of grandeur and a very short attention span. He's under huge pressure as Potus and I genuinely am fearful he's spiralling and becoming (even more) dangerous

paintingthetownred Fri 18-Oct-19 20:46:04

Sorry hon. If I can call you that. Was intended to be sarcastic
all best
painting

Iam64 Fri 18-Oct-19 21:37:14

Ah - it's B**** painting. I took it seriously! Soz

rosecarmel Fri 18-Oct-19 21:41:50

The world is in despair because we trusted government- But the world would be in even worse condition if we trusted each other less-

I trust we, citizens of upended countries, are experiencing the impact of governmental glut (greed)-

I encourage you to have faith .. and remember what happened to Mr Creosote .. smile

Jane43 Sun 20-Oct-19 13:21:33

Now he has managed to arrange next year’s G7 to be held at his Miami golf resort. Is there no end to this man’s greed?