Gransnet forums

News & politics

Well done to William & Kate .....

(102 Posts)
Sparklefizz Mon 20-Jan-20 20:32:46

..... they, plus Edward, Sophie and Princess Anne, are doing the country proud this evening.

Urmstongran Mon 20-Jan-20 20:48:43

Business by the Firm as usual.

Go for it Prince William. Our country is fully behind you. All this with Harry will have no doubt upset you greatly but you and your wife make us proud with your professionalism. You will make a fantastic King one day. I'm sure that you will be fantastic this evening and gain respect from all your guests.

Jane10 Mon 20-Jan-20 20:50:55

Hear hear!

Anniebach Mon 20-Jan-20 21:02:47

Proud of you William and Kate, and your Uncle and Aunts.

You must give the Queen reassurance

bluebirdwsm Mon 20-Jan-20 21:06:49

Yes, well done William and Kate. Now you can get on with the great job you are doing without being upstaged yet again. Respect.

Ellianne Mon 20-Jan-20 21:25:28

William showing himself as a very dignified and able host in contrast to his moaning immature brother. Nice to see Kate, Anne and Sophie together. Strong women, (take note MM).

Millie22 Mon 20-Jan-20 21:50:01

Thank goodness for William and Kate and as usual she looks lovely.

merlotgran Mon 20-Jan-20 22:16:13

Ditto to all of the above.

JenniferEccles Mon 20-Jan-20 22:23:09

Another one here in complete agreement with all the other comments.

This thread was a good idea Sparklefizz

Artdecogran Mon 20-Jan-20 22:23:28

Agreed, and also thought Edward looked great too. He must be a great chap to have and kept a lovely wife like Sophie.

bluebirdwsm Mon 20-Jan-20 23:03:12

The other members of the family mentioned have also been quietly going about their business in support of the Queen and it has been noted. None of them throwing their toys out of the pram either.

Credit where it's due.

tickingbird Mon 20-Jan-20 23:11:28

It’s a yes from me. Very well done William and Kate. So good to see them all smiling.

maddyone Mon 20-Jan-20 23:28:27

Well done to all of them, all representing our country and the Queen magnificently.

ReadyMeals Tue 21-Jan-20 11:48:23

Yes, I was like "Good! Now let's see some nice news of the royals who have decided to stay and show us some loyalty!"

V3ra Tue 21-Jan-20 11:58:29

No-one is irreplaceable.
The remaining family members would have stepped back to allow Harry and Meghan to take their rightful places, but equally will step forward to fill the gap now they've gone.
There are some strong characters there who I'm sure will support William and Kate without trying to upstage either of them. The future looks good!

V3ra Tue 21-Jan-20 12:01:59

I've previously read a few articles that said Sophie had been a great help and support to Kate in the early days of her royal life.

Nanny27 Tue 21-Jan-20 12:23:03

I've often thought it would be nice to see a bit more of Edward and Sophie. I believe they both work very hard but rarely get media coverage.

sparkii Tue 21-Jan-20 12:27:04

The country is fully behind you? Er, no. Many people too preoccupied disinterested, ill, tired, fed up to care. Perhaps slightly sick of being played by the media?

ReadyMeals Tue 21-Jan-20 12:54:22

Oh yes I know many people who consider the whole royal family to be parasites. But if we're going to have one, I like them to be smiling and looking interested when they meet the public or visiting VIPs and not filling the newspapers with whinge.

Namsnanny Tue 21-Jan-20 12:56:16

Sorry not up with the news (TV news off, papers when I feel like it)
What exactly did the royals get up to then?

Sparklefizz Tue 21-Jan-20 12:58:04

sparkii On another thread you are condemning posters for their criticisms of Meghan's behaviour, yet you have chosen to come onto this thread which is clearly from its title intended to be positive, in order to post a nasty remark.

Why not just avoid it??

whywhywhy Tue 21-Jan-20 13:04:13

Well done to William and Kate. X

Anniebach Tue 21-Jan-20 13:09:00

Attempts to disrupt a thread are best ignored, a cry for attention

Pantglas2 Tue 21-Jan-20 13:22:55

Well said Readymeals! I’m not a royalist but think it’s probably better than the alternative and I prefer them to be hard workers, not shirkers.

sparkii Tue 21-Jan-20 13:28:06

I have not condemned anybody. I will post as I wish. I do not agree with the sentiment that the whole country is behind William and Kate.