Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is Michael Gove ill? ** Title edited by GNHQ **

(71 Posts)
Urmstongran Tue 07-Apr-20 10:56:40

Self isolating.
Some noticed he seemed to be suppressing a cough early this morning when being interviewed by Kay Burley on Sky.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Apr-20 11:04:33

Blimey, perhaps someone should lock Dominic Raab in a room to keep him safe, we need a strong Government not a sick one!!!

Galaxy Tue 07-Apr-20 11:06:18

I dont think that's accurate. He is self isolating as someone in his family has symptoms. Is that not the latest info.

ExD Tue 07-Apr-20 11:06:38

Oh NO!
I've looked on Michael Gove as one of the more sensible MPs and a suitable stand-in for Boris ..... but here we go, they're dropping like ninepins.
Its becoming obvious that our 'leaders' haven't been following their own advice with social distancing and hand washing! (Its either that, or hand washing and social distancing are pointless)
I'm also starting to wonder if they're all have the same superior opinion of themselves as above the law after reading about the Scottish MP who visited her holiday home twice!
We really will be in a pickle if more of the sensible voices in government go down.

Urmstongran Tue 07-Apr-20 11:07:11

Mind you GG13 have you seen the pack of journalists surrounding Dominic Raab pressing him for comments? Social distancing? No chance!

Chestnut Tue 07-Apr-20 11:14:39

I'm afraid they are all very busy people who are going to different places in London, the epicentre of the virus. They are all at high risk of catching it no matter how careful they are.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Apr-20 11:15:06

My opinion of the press pack is pretty damn low at the moment Urmstongran if they continue to ask ridiculous questions after the daily briefing I am in serious danger of throwing something at the tv.

Chestnut Tue 07-Apr-20 11:19:25

There is no mention of Michael Gove having cv on the main news sites.

Sparklefizz Tue 07-Apr-20 11:20:45

Michael Gove does not have CV - he is self-isolating due to a family member.

paddyanne Tue 07-Apr-20 11:28:59

EX D Cath Calderwood is NOT an MP .She is .or was a medic employed as Chief medical officer by the Scottish Ofiice .which is remote from the Holyrood government ,The Scottish office pay her £175000 a year salary .The ruth is very scarce on GN so I understand you might not hav eheard that before .GNetters prefer to live in their own wee bubble where Boris is a saint and other opinions aren't allowed.EVEN a man who lost his brother because of tory incompetence .Free speech and truth aren't allowed on this site .

GrannyGravy13 Tue 07-Apr-20 11:32:23

Yes Sparklefizz'Sky News is saying that Mr,Gove is self-isolating due to a family member showing symptoms of this flipping virus

Urmstongran Tue 07-Apr-20 11:44:04

He did have a cough though when being interviewed earlier. Maybe, as Christine Keeler once said “well he would say that wouldn’t he?”

Teetime Tue 07-Apr-20 11:46:57

It was Mandy Rice Davies not CK. Sorry. Just saying.

eazybee Tue 07-Apr-20 11:52:48

They could all be succumbing because they are all run down, because they have all been working very hard nonstop. I include all politicians in that, because Brexit morphed into the Election which morphed into final Brexit, then straight into Coronavirus, without a break.

Urmstongran Tue 07-Apr-20 11:54:36

Thanks Teetime!
?

notanan2 Tue 07-Apr-20 11:55:53

If Gove is isolating with a family member who has it then he has it too, he might just not have symptoms

suziewoozie Tue 07-Apr-20 12:10:03

I believe his family member is showing symptoms not that they have it.

newnanny Tue 07-Apr-20 12:51:40

MG does not have Covid19. He is self isolating as a member of his family is showing symptoms. That means he will be isolating for 14 days, folliwing medixal advice given to all of us, but made it very clear on Sky news he will be continuing to work from home.

Calendargirl Tue 07-Apr-20 12:56:45

paddyanne still having to get her two penn’orth in as usual.

Jane10 Tue 07-Apr-20 13:14:52

These politicians live in London which has a very high incidence of Coronavirus so I suppose their chances of themselves or their families being accidentally exposed to the virus is high.
And so it goes on.

Barmeyoldbat Tue 07-Apr-20 13:20:29

Here we go, Calendargirl having a go at Paddyanne. She is entitled to her opinion just as your are, just because she doesn't idolise Boris doesn't make her comment worth less.

EllanVannin Tue 07-Apr-20 13:41:38

So easy to speak of Karma in this present climate but the far-left should be very careful what they wish for !!

Ilovecheese Tue 07-Apr-20 13:44:20

I don't understand your comment EllanVannin, what, in your opinion, are the "far left" wishing for?

Lucca Tue 07-Apr-20 13:49:26

I don’t understand comment either EllanVannin

Greymar Tue 07-Apr-20 13:52:38

EXD,who do you regard as not sensible in the government? Not causing trouble, just asking.