Gransnet forums

News & politics

Guess the “dead cat”

(54 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sun 24-May-20 07:10:52

Anyone like to guess what the rabble will attempt to do to divert our attention away from Cummings?

My guess is that they are desperate to find something, - anything.

Nanna58 Sun 24-May-20 07:52:43

Post a picture of Wilfred with the rescue dog!!!

Pantglas2 Sun 24-May-20 07:57:08

Little Dilyn had his adoption birthday the other day - there will be pictures of a huge party and doggy ?.

Curlywhirly Sun 24-May-20 08:05:25

My money is on a family portrait of Boris's baby and parents.

vegansrock Sun 24-May-20 08:10:09

What’s the betting the baby has met the grandparents.

Nanna58 Sun 24-May-20 08:19:42

A picture of the baby being read a book , I suggest ‘ Where’s Dommy?’ A lovely book where you have to find a scruffy bespectacled man in a variety of locations!!!

Galaxy Sun 24-May-20 08:27:19

Yes the baby.

Grandmafrench Sun 24-May-20 08:33:10

No, I think you mean a kind man, nanna ?. Your idea is great, but sadly already been done by The Markles - although perhaps because they don’t know any kind men, they had to make do with a duck....or rabbit.

Daisymae Sun 24-May-20 08:52:49

A cabinet minister taking their children to a state school on 2 June should do it.

Whitewavemark2 Sun 24-May-20 08:54:20

What they need is a good flood. Perhaps the gods will take pity.

Grandmafrench Sun 24-May-20 09:28:15

IF there are gods, and any tiny shred of moral, upright, responsible or decent behaviour left in the British government........he will be sacked. There is absolutely no defence to his actions.

EllanVannin Sun 24-May-20 09:42:32

How about a government such as the one where they shoot on sight at anyone breaking the rules. Would that be more suitable ?
On the 1st of April a 13 year old in Kenya was shot dead as police had set up a curfew on a neighbourhood. Police there were screaming at residents and beating them like cows.

Perhaps this is the way we should have treated those here for breaking the rules ?

Nanna58 Sun 24-May-20 09:46:28

EllanVannnin, that is such a fatuous argument, that there is no middle ground , and that the choice is only allow people to flout the rules without censure or to shoot them!!

EllanVannin Sun 24-May-20 09:48:14

C'mon, nobody gets sacked. How laughable is that ?

Last weekend we saw fools galore at the seaside, in the parks, walkers. Who polices them ? When there's a second wave will the government still be blamed ??

Tomorrow we'll see the same fools crowding the beaches. What can anyone do ??

EllanVannin Sun 24-May-20 09:50:23

Nanna58 Do you think names were taken last weekend and the same tomorrow along with fines handed out to those not allowing for social distance ?

Cindersdad Sun 24-May-20 09:56:13

As the title of the thread implies many of us would be upset if anything happened to the Downing Street cat "Larry", he survived David Cameron, Theresa May and with luck Boris Johnson. Whatever happens to Larry in the future DC has to go NOW and Boris as soon as possible after him. The Brexit they are planning is not what Leavers voted for, that too should go because it is unworkable. It will probably lead to a United Ireland which most of the British people probably want, the Irish less so.

EllanVannin Sun 24-May-20 09:59:05

The biggest problem that I have is a total lack of STRICT guidelines. No travel at all and no leaving the house, no children to return to school until September.
If everyone had adhered we wouldn't have had the amount of deaths that we've had and are still having.

Why gasp at another 200 deaths when people are still leaving their homes and many doing as they like.? Unless the situation is properly policed we won't see an end to this pandemic. Lockdown shouldn't be eased until we've had 10 days/2 weeks without a death.

MamaCaz Sun 24-May-20 10:00:04

My guess is that as we speak, they will be desperately rooting through their emergency stash of 'dirt' on opposition MPs both past and present, hoping it contains a skeleton of enough interest to deflect the attention away from them!

I have a feeling they might have used them all up prior to the General Election though.

EllanVannin Sun 24-May-20 10:01:59

In my mind, this pandemic arrived because of the Brexiteers.
It was just the wrong thing to do and the reason why I didn't vote in the GE. I haven't been fined yet !

EllanVannin Sun 24-May-20 10:07:37

I wanted foreign workers here to add to the economy in their various fields of work. They were/are a large part of how we harvest our fruit and veg, are also in the nursing profession both hospitals and homes, run businesses etc and there should be no restrictions on them. It's a sad state of affairs.

Nanna58 Sun 24-May-20 10:07:41

I think you may have LOST your mind EllenVannin! I’m pretty sure there we’re many Brexiteers in Wuhan....

Nanna58 Sun 24-May-20 10:09:06

Sorry, auto correct, ‘ not many Brexiteers in Wuhan!

Nanna58 Sun 24-May-20 10:11:00

Also no Brexiteers in Italy, France, Spain .... Hope you’re getting the drift!

Whitewavemark2 Sun 24-May-20 10:12:07

Anyone seen Larry lately???

Jabberwok Sun 24-May-20 10:14:15

Pandemic arrived because of brexiteers?!! How on earth do you come to that conclusion?!! Or are you tongue in cheek?!