Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump's mask wearing fantasy.

(9 Posts)
merlotgran Thu 02-Jul-20 22:40:09

He now thinks it's OK to wear a mask because he looks like the Lone Ranger!

There's something not quite right but I can't put my finger on it grin

tanith Thu 02-Jul-20 22:41:52

???

SueDonim Thu 02-Jul-20 22:42:45

???

paddyanne Thu 02-Jul-20 23:31:07

if he's the lone ranger is Boris Tonto?

Callistemon Thu 02-Jul-20 23:35:16

I can't do links but do look up:

Sarah Cooper lip-synching Trump

Callistemon Thu 02-Jul-20 23:36:04

merlotgran grin

Now I have an ear worm!!

Coolgran65 Fri 03-Jul-20 03:12:26

Has no one told him The Lone Ranger wears his mask over his eyes.

varian Sun 05-Jul-20 13:02:42

Donald Trump has celebrated independence day with a string of false and misleading claims attempting to play down the coronavirus pandemic and warning that China will be “held accountable”.

The US president staged a “Salute to America” jamboree on the south lawn of the White House with flyovers by military jets, parachute jumps and patriotic songs, but little effort among guests to physical distance or wear face masks.

The country has undergone staggering changes unthinkable when Trump hosted the first such event a year ago on 4 July with tanks and other military hardware at the Lincoln Memorial. The coronavirus has infected 2.8m Americans and killed nearly 130,000, the worst tallies in the world.

www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jul/05/trump-claims-99-of-us-covid-19-cases-are-totally-harmless-as-infections-surge

varian Tue 14-Jul-20 10:34:33

President Trump has made more than 20,000 false or misleading claims

It took President Trump 827 days to top 10,000 false and misleading claims in The Fact Checker’s database, an average of 12 claims a day.

But on July 9, just 440 days later, the president crossed the 20,000 mark — an average of 23 claims a day over a 14-month period, which included the events leading up to Trump’s impeachment trial, the worldwide pandemic that crashed the economy and the eruption of protests over the death of George Floyd in police custody.

The coronavirus pandemic has spawned a whole new genre of Trump’s falsehoods. The category in just a few months has reached nearly 1,000 claims, more than his tax claims combined. Trump’s false or misleading claims about the impeachment investigation — and the events surrounding it — contributed almost 1,200 entries to the database.

The notion that Trump would exceed 20,000 claims before he finished his term appeared ludicrous when The Fact Checker started this project during the president’s first 100 days in office. In that time, Trump averaged fewer than five claims a day, which would have added up to about 7,000 claims in a four-year presidential term. But the tsunami of untruths just keeps looming larger and larger.

www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/13/president-trump-has-made-more-than-20000-false-or-misleading-claims/

Why does none of this fact-checked analysis appear to make any difference to Trump supporters, many of whom claim to be strongly religious? Where is their morality?