Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who on earth is Melania Trump’s stylist?

(70 Posts)
MawB Fri 31-Jul-20 20:09:08

The First Lady participated in a tree planting at the White House yesterday, using a golden shovel and wearing a $4,000 dollar dress. Not to mention the 5” heeled Louboutins.
Pop quiz: circle the most surprising part of that sentence. Darling, this is how you garden. The plants don't respect you if you don't serve them fashion as well as fertiliser. Everyone knows that. You think Monty Don stomps around the countryside wearing a nice dress and a crown? Of course he does! Your look better be flawless if you're out in the forest. Nothing shames you like a disapproving apple tree.

lemongrove Fri 31-Jul-20 20:12:20

Haha, yes, although the dress is fine, the shoes are frankly ridiculous for such a situation.Since she is quite tall anyway I son’t know why she has to wear such killer heels all the time.
Perhaps the Donald commands it?

paddyanne Fri 31-Jul-20 20:16:03

She's not actually gardening ,just posing for a photo.I've alwayd worn high heels .Even used to walk my babies in their prams in 4 inch heels .some days 8 or 9 miles .Now we've been walking during lockdown and its 3 inch heels on boots .I dont wear them for my OH ,I love my heels .

lemongrove Fri 31-Jul-20 20:18:47

8 or 9 miles in high heels????
Whatever for?

MawB Fri 31-Jul-20 22:12:07

paddyanne

She's not actually gardening ,just posing for a photo.I've alwayd worn high heels .Even used to walk my babies in their prams in 4 inch heels .some days 8 or 9 miles .Now we've been walking during lockdown and its 3 inch heels on boots .I dont wear them for my OH ,I love my heels .

I think we’d actually realised that Paddyanne hmmhmm

Jane10 Fri 31-Jul-20 22:19:23

I always used to wear heels. I've got two new knees now. Hmmm. Wonder why?

Callistemon Fri 31-Jul-20 22:19:28

I think Melania looks very purposeful and wondered what she was thinking of as she determinedly dug the ground.

Donald?

I like Melania.

GagaJo Sat 01-Aug-20 00:01:19

I used to be relentless with the wearing of heels. I taught in them all day and only took them off after the students had gone home. I LOVED my lace-up, knee high boots, my Red or Dead t-bar shoes and my green Office cone heeled shoes. They were quite comfy too, because they were well made, supportive shoes. I moved up to Clarks heels as I got a bit older. Looked OK so I continued to determinedly stick to heels, only to find that I was beginning to develop a bunion from wearing them. Had to knock them on the head. A sad day.

Lucca Sat 01-Aug-20 07:19:51

Callistemon

I think Melania looks very purposeful and wondered what she was thinking of as she determinedly dug the ground.

Donald?

I like Melania.

If,(oh please) he loses the election will she turn on her stiletto heels and leave him do you think ?

Davidhs Sat 01-Aug-20 07:22:34

Whatever she wore someone would criticize her, it was only a ceremonial sprinkling of a shovel full of soil and she was wearing a nice floral pattern skirt.

Nortsat Sat 01-Aug-20 07:26:04

She is beyond ridiculous.

Yes Lucca, when (pleeeze) he looses the election, she will turn on her pink high heels ? and run ...

Calendargirl Sat 01-Aug-20 07:26:48

lemongrove

Haha, yes, although the dress is fine, the shoes are frankly ridiculous for such a situation.Since she is quite tall anyway I son’t know why she has to wear such killer heels all the time.
Perhaps the Donald commands it?

The fact she is already tall, and the heels make her even taller, is probably so she can look imperious and statuesque as she towers over Donald.

I assume she towers, not sure if they make her taller than him, but that is the impression she creates.

Bellanonna Sat 01-Aug-20 07:27:18

With all respect Paddyann, might you not be misremembering the length of your walks in 4” heels. 8 or 9 miles with a pram is quite some walk and it can’t have involved any soft ground or footpaths. It would have been very hard on your feet in any case, not to say in the shoes too.

Bellanonna Sat 01-Aug-20 07:27:58

on

Lucca Sat 01-Aug-20 07:43:04

Davidhs

Whatever she wore someone would criticize her, it was only a ceremonial sprinkling of a shovel full of soil and she was wearing a nice floral pattern skirt.

I didn’t criticise her

Sparkling Sat 01-Aug-20 07:45:43

Why would anyone push a pram8/9 miles in 4" heel! Thank goodness you've reduced it to 3" now you are older and wiser.

Urmstongran Sat 01-Aug-20 08:21:56

I think Melania is lovely. Always stylishly turned out, such gorgeous legs and her skirts are often full and below the knee so no embarrassing moments caught on camera!

Yet in that picture she looks ridiculous! That said it was only probably 5 minutes out of her day so the rest of it she’d just be back to looking amazing.
?

Davidhs Sat 01-Aug-20 08:40:29

Lucca
I was responding to the headline not your post which I agree with.

ladymuck Sat 01-Aug-20 10:24:21

What petty nit-picking! She's obviously not happy at being the wife of the President, but is doing her duty.
She's not the green wellie type. Why should she pretend otherwise?

Callistemon Sat 01-Aug-20 10:26:57

Lucca

Callistemon

Donald?

I like Melania.

If,(oh please) he loses the election will she turn on her stiletto heels and leave him do you think ?

I do. I think she is hanging on at the moment and putting a brave face on it until her son is older.

Chewbacca Sat 01-Aug-20 10:31:18

Well, I wouldn't walk 50 yards in Melania's shoes, no matter how high or low the heels were. I can only imagine the misery of being hitched to the trump.
As for walking 8 or 9 miles, pushing a pram, in 4" heels.... grin

NotSpaghetti Sat 01-Aug-20 10:31:47

Ok, so I’m going to say this and then put my tin hat on...
WHY does she often wear clothing that is stretched taught over her bust? She is obviously a striking woman but it often looks as though her top half is sprayed on.

quizqueen Sat 01-Aug-20 10:31:48

Perhaps Melania should come round and criticise gransnet members' wardrobes.

MawB Sat 01-Aug-20 11:08:51

quizqueen

Perhaps Melania should come round and criticise gransnet members' wardrobes.

Oo-Er Quizqueen ?????
Feel free to criticise if you want - it was the stylist I was referring to. The same person who put Melania in a jacket with the slogan “I don’t really care, do U” when she visited a detention facility for migrant children. That’s right detention for migrant chikdren

I do wonder about the killer heels our slebs wear (Saint Kate included)
Walking down the steps of the Linda Wing with her baby in her arms? Walking down aircraft steps without holding on?
They must take special lessons! grin
But seriously it’s verging on competitive and reminds me strongly of Chinese foot binding- which was designed to show the high status of women who did not need to walk anywhere.

MawB Sat 01-Aug-20 11:09:52

children