Gransnet forums

News & politics

Wills and Harry rift blown out of proportion

(447 Posts)
ExD Mon 19-Apr-21 14:28:24

I've thought all along that the so-called "feud" between the brothers has been exaggerated by the media. Brothers fall out as anyone with sons will tell you. Usually they make it up and everything is forgotten, but with Harry leaving the country and the press delighting in nasty gossip, a small disagreement has grown into all out war.
At least one reporter thinks as I do.

7news.com.au/entertainment/prince-philip/body-language-expert-reads-between-the-lines-as-harry-and-william-reunite-c-2621430

Whitewavemark2 Mon 19-Apr-21 14:33:32

Oh dear - the door is opened for more hate fest. Just watch this thread and see the spite.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 14:34:44

I'd like to agree with you Exd but I think it's much more than a fallout.
So.w things are better either unsaid or discussed one to one in private.
Well the genie is out there and there is no going back.

And anyhow does Harry want a relationship with the RF anymore?
For that matter does William?

How do we know.

For what it's worth I do t think the press has done anything to further the problems.
In fact I thi I they have been used to stir the pot.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 14:36:31

Whitewavemark2

Oh dear - the door is opened for more hate fest. Just watch this thread and see the spite.

Not sure that was anything but at least a spiteful dig Ww2?
Pity.

FannyCornforth Mon 19-Apr-21 14:37:11

?

ExD Mon 19-Apr-21 14:37:48

What is "hate fest" about that? confused

Grany Mon 19-Apr-21 14:39:06

So, here we remain, lodged in this Quiet Dystopia, made up of part sleaze, part extreme deference, part Opposition incompetence, part spectacle of nationalism and royalty, but laced also with an unhealthy dose of authoritarianism.

As Belfast burns and Philip is buried, we are awash with sycophancy and mind-numbing trivia about what costume Andrew will be dressing up in or where Harry will be standing.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 14:40:13

Corrections:
some - don't - think

Whitewavemark2 Mon 19-Apr-21 14:42:24

ExD

What is "hate fest" about that? confused

Nothing, and I’m sure the article has a ring of truth about it. But it has been such a relief to see a whole page of threads without any reference to M&H and W&C, with the excuses to post spiteful little references to the family living in America.

I just wish we could have had longer without such nastiness.

More kindness is what is needed.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 14:46:19

I think your answer belongs on another thread grany.
It doesnt seem to be in reply to the points ExD is making.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 14:49:08

more kindness is what is needed
I can wholeheartedly agree with you there Wwmk2smile

I would be happy with a more dispassionate discussion tbh

nanna8 Mon 19-Apr-21 14:49:20

Well what would we know? Only what the media makes up and we all know they are a pack of lying hounds.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 14:52:30

I dont agree nanna8 they print what they are fed.

nanna8 Mon 19-Apr-21 14:56:57

Who would bother feeding them? They make it up anyway.

Anniebach Mon 19-Apr-21 15:01:22

Any criticism of Harry and Meg is classed as hatred by several.

We can’t judge yes or no re there was no tension, the royal family are trained from childhood how to behave in public.

I have read William and Kate have returned to Sandringham

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 15:02:08

Well that's just a silly comment.
They have sources in every walk of life.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 15:03:22

Sorry meant for nanna8

Jabberwok Mon 19-Apr-21 15:08:14

Well I'm not sure that I would be particularly thrilled if a close relative held an interview that would be broadcast worldwide trashing my family with what are now proven lies, financially profiting big time courtesy of a TV programme portraying my family in a less than flattering way, again a lot of it pure speculation, or financial accusations that actually a 36 year old millionaire ought really to be able to sort out for himself. Surely these difficulties should be sorted within a family privately not on the world stage.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 15:08:16

I agree Annie about the general decorum between eeveryone at the funeral.
They gave nothing for the gossip mongers to feed on.

Joyfulnanna Mon 19-Apr-21 15:11:01

If anything I think the rift/hurt is more between Charles and Harry.

Loislovesstewie Mon 19-Apr-21 15:12:57

Jabberwok

Well I'm not sure that I would be particularly thrilled if a close relative held an interview that would be broadcast worldwide trashing my family with what are now proven lies, financially profiting big time courtesy of a TV programme portraying my family in a less than flattering way, again a lot of it pure speculation, or financial accusations that actually a 36 year old millionaire ought really to be able to sort out for himself. Surely these difficulties should be sorted within a family privately not on the world stage.

And doing so knowing that the other party will not be able to comment in the same way, i.e. by appearing on a television programme.

Anniebach Mon 19-Apr-21 15:13:21

I doubt William had no problem being asked publicly about racism in his family following the accusations made in the Oprah interview.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 15:13:57

Do you Joyfulnanna? Why is that?

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 15:19:09

I accept we all feel and see things differently, I just cant understand if/when it can be proved a person lies, that their supporters cant think twice about that person's statements.

I do I RL. I hold judgement until time reveals certain actions are, shall we say, flawed?
Then change my opinion accordingly.

Namsnanny Mon 19-Apr-21 15:24:22

As I said earlier, like jabberwok, once something is said it cant be unsaid.

So the only conclusion left is, the speaker is willing to accept the fallout.
Probably they have nothing to lose, because others pay the price