Gransnet forums

News & politics

Critical of the government? They will sell you to the highest bidder

(13 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 23-Jun-21 06:42:29

Channel 4 , one of the better quality channels.

Tories reckon it’s biased, so selling it off , probably to a Tory crony.

That should sort it!

vampirequeen Wed 23-Jun-21 08:02:39

Perhaps it will become GB TV Entertainment.

PinkCakes Wed 23-Jun-21 08:48:56

I like to watch "Frasier" in the mornings, so when I switched the tv on last night, it was still on Channel 4..... a programme about Dogging. Quality indeed. (I didn't watch)

GrannyGravy13 Wed 23-Jun-21 09:09:11

Channel 4 is responsible for and broadcasts Naked Attraction Obviously folks have different standards regarding quality?

greenlady102 Wed 23-Jun-21 09:21:40

I don't think that government should own or control TV channels

Whitewavemark2 Wed 23-Jun-21 11:00:34

GrannyGravy13

Channel 4 is responsible for and broadcasts Naked Attraction Obviously folks have different standards regarding quality?

Channel 4 has lead the way on so much

Channel 4 News was the first national broadcaster to cover the Windrush Scandal, the Cambridge Analytica Scandal and the 2015 Election Funding Scandal.

Corisanda Wed 23-Jun-21 11:06:46

I agree with GrannyGravy13 any channel showing dross such as Naked Attraction can hardly be described as 'better quality' and of course it's biased, its news is as left wing as the BBC.

MaizieD Wed 23-Jun-21 11:11:35

Corisanda

I agree with GrannyGravy13 any channel showing dross such as Naked Attraction can hardly be described as 'better quality' and of course it's biased, its news is as left wing as the BBC.

Any TV station funded by advertising has to have abroad appeal, doesn't it? They wouldn't broadcast items which didn't attract an audience...

Some people are being rather judgemental about the viewing preferences of their fellow citizens, aren't they? I thought it was only the leftie Metropolitan Elite who despised their fellow citizens...

M0nica Wed 23-Jun-21 11:54:36

All this tosh about not being judgemental, everyone is judgemental all the time. Go back and reread some of your posts on the political threads Maizie

lemongrove Wed 23-Jun-21 12:53:25

Channel 4 is hardly quality viewing! ?

Lucca Wed 23-Jun-21 13:06:01

Corisanda

That’s the left wing BBC. Also often described as right wing.

yggdrasil Wed 23-Jun-21 15:10:54

Any news channel is referred to as 'left wing' nowadays if it doesn't stick rigidly to the Tory line of what is allowed to be broadcast

vegansrock Wed 23-Jun-21 15:14:46

There is some quality viewing on Channel 4 as has the BBBC and ITV, so to say it’s all dross is ridiculous. Which channel has totally quality viewing ? None is the answer.