Gransnet forums

News & politics

Build Back Beaver

(22 Posts)
JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 16:05:31

On the 19th November there will be a full moon called The Beaver Moon

It is actually near enough a full moon at the moment (20th was actually full) it is called the Hunter's moon

It is a powerful thing, the moon smile

BlueBelle Sat 23-Oct-21 16:12:00

I ve just down a moonlight swim in the North Sea under the Hunter moon it was magical
I ve never heard of all these different moon names before

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 16:14:18

BlueBelle that sounds amazing smile Have a look on the website, it's fascinating.

PollyTickle Sat 23-Oct-21 16:41:44

Spiritual meaning of the beaver moon symbolises the beavers ability to be the architects of their own life.
Worth a bit of deep thought and discussion.

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 17:02:08

That's interesting smile When the children were little we lived near a conservation centre that was involved with the breeding program for beavers (and subsequent reintroduction to the wild) They were busy little things - well actually they were not that little. They had babies too

Lucca Sat 23-Oct-21 17:06:42

BlueBelle

I ve just down a moonlight swim in the North Sea under the Hunter moon it was magical
I ve never heard of all these different moon names before

You’ve just done a swim ??

PollyTickle Sat 23-Oct-21 17:13:21

Did your children get involved with the programme?
My boys had friends with farms and got very involved in birthing lambs and calves which I think did them good. Except for the eldest who apparently fainted when his wife’s waters broke.

Callistemon Sat 23-Oct-21 17:13:25

In the North Sea????
?

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 17:15:50

They loved it Polly smile they also worked on smallholdings and on farms too. It does them good doesn't it?

PollyTickle Sat 23-Oct-21 17:16:14

You got me started on the cold showers each morning BlueBelle, but I’ll pass on a swim in the sea in October. Respect.

PollyTickle Sat 23-Oct-21 17:17:50

It does JaneJudge, it certainly does.

BlueBelle Sat 23-Oct-21 17:19:38

Never done it so late before but I m going to try to go through the year if I can there is a fb group who just put a time and place up and who turns up turns up. It’s uplifting everyone looks out for each other’s all strangers to each other
I might not manage it who knows I ll have a go

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 19:43:00

You are phenomenal BlueBelle smile

Jaxjacky Sat 23-Oct-21 20:45:05

JaneJudge is it you who had/has the nesting mice nearby, or am I muddled?

BlueBelle Sat 23-Oct-21 20:51:23

No I ve got no mice JJ
Stephen and Sybil seagulls down my chimney but no mice

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 20:52:08

Yes, I do but I think they have hibernated as they have covered the hole over with leaves and I haven't seen them at all smile

I now have a stoat in the garden! the cold blooded killer

PollyTickle Sat 23-Oct-21 20:59:46

We had a drunken pheasant knocking on our patio door last month. He was feeding off all the fermented fallen damsons in the orchard. Kept pecking at our door and leaving little purple messages all over the patio.

PollyTickle Sat 23-Oct-21 21:01:36

We did have a problem with rabbits a few years ago but then a stoat moved in and solved that problem.
Cold blooded killer indeed. Poor bunnies but healthy veg and flowers.

JaneJudge Sat 23-Oct-21 21:04:36

They are hilarious when they get drunk with the pigeons grin

Stoats are so cute too.....but yes, they will kill anything just for fun and then wander around afterwards looking cute. If stoats were a person....they'd be Villanelle

Chewbacca Sat 23-Oct-21 21:10:37

I salute you BlueBelle! I whinged like a 5 year old when I sprayed myself in cold water from the outside tap this morning!

BlueBelle Sat 23-Oct-21 21:18:49

I m not brave at all chew I m a scaredy cat of big waves It’s a lot warmer when it’s rough but I feel safer when it’s calm Can’t have it all ways eh

Chewbacca Sat 23-Oct-21 22:38:42

Well, you're a braver woman than me Gunga Din! Why is it warmer when it's rough? Genuinely never heard of that.