Gransnet forums

News & politics

Line of Duty spoof Boris video

(33 Posts)
Marydoll Wed 19-Jan-22 09:56:08

Apologies if someone has already posted this.
youtu.be/H0QD-wvNmE4

DerbyshireLass Wed 19-Jan-22 10:04:35

Brilliant. Thanks.

Witzend Wed 19-Jan-22 10:10:34

Yes, v good. Brother sent it yesterday.
How long it must take for someone to put these things together!

Shinamae Wed 19-Jan-22 10:11:35

Excellent, thanks for posting it ????????????

Callistemon21 Wed 19-Jan-22 10:19:35

Thank you Marydoll

Very good indeed!

Chestnut Wed 19-Jan-22 10:23:50

It sounds like their actual voices so it seems the actors did the audio for it. Does anyone agree?

Shandy57 Wed 19-Jan-22 10:25:05

Thank you, shared on Facebook.

annsixty Wed 19-Jan-22 10:26:09

My D, who is Jeff Mercurio’s no 1 fan, sent this to me.
It is so clever and would be so funny if only it was just a joke and not reality.
I could weep with frustration at this incompetence, if only I would feel better afterwards.
We are not only led by donkeys but we are donkeys to sit back and let it continue.

Nandalot Wed 19-Jan-22 10:33:18

Really good and very hard hitting.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 19-Jan-22 10:40:06

Oh I’m so glad someone linked it, I can’t and find it so annoying.

MaizieD Wed 19-Jan-22 10:44:55

Admirable video. Led By Donkeys are doing a great job.

But it's sadly irrelevant. Getting rid of Johnson solves nothing. He is just a front man for a government that is bent on establishing a state in which all regulation is swept aside, the NHS is privatised and state spending is severely curtailed.

I suggest that people read this blog post. The actions of the government and the fact that it is controlled by the hard right all indicate that this is the direction of travel for the UK. Murphy is not the only person saying this, he's just the one I am most familiar with.

www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2022/01/19/remember-that-the-tories-are-only-getting-rid-of-johnson-to-make-things-worse/

Whitewavemark2 Wed 19-Jan-22 10:47:11

Oh maizie that it what is so worrying me.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 19-Jan-22 10:48:28

As a massive fan of Line of Duty, I think this is brilliant ?

Katek Wed 19-Jan-22 10:55:03

Jesus, Mary and Joseph……and the wee donkey! ????

HolySox Wed 19-Jan-22 10:58:40

As AnnSixty says very clever but difficult to laugh at although for different reasons for me. Personally I am saddened by the media onslaught on our PM over something that is not important when you weigh up what Boris has achieved during the pandemic. Many issues such as ventillators, more hospital space (Nightingales), taking the country into and out of lockdown with minimal impact to daily life, furlough schemes and loans (probably too generous with £4.3 billion now unrecoverable), the success of procuring vaccines, the success of the booster campaign helping to keep current restrictions to a minimal level... but hey powerful people are using the media to wage a get 'Boris' out campaign and people are falling for it.

Shandy57 Wed 19-Jan-22 10:59:44

MaizieD, thanks for the link to that article, Richard Murphy is spot on and the comments are very interesting. I live in Northumberland where feudalism is still alive and kicking.

Casdon Wed 19-Jan-22 11:05:29

I think you’re wrong in one crucial respect MaizieD. You’ve overlooked Boris’ one selling point, which is his appeal to the electorate due his ‘ordinary bloke’ aura. Whatever plans there are once he’s gone, they aren’t going to appeal half so much to the people who voted for Boris’ personality, and there are millions of them. That’s why the party faithful want him to stay, they know that without him their policies would never have slipped under the radar as they have.
I loved the Call of Duty skit, It was tagged on another thread yesterday and it’s brilliant.

HolySox Wed 19-Jan-22 11:08:23

MaisieD interesting blog and I share some of it's concerns. I think Boris going will be a disaster for us. Really Keir Starmer needs to push for a vote of No Confidence and get the lot out. He had opportunity with the vote to introduce Plan B measures but, credit to KS, he put our welfare first. As I said above my concern is the wealthy hard right using the media.

DiscoDancer1975 Wed 19-Jan-22 11:14:32

HolySox

As AnnSixty says very clever but difficult to laugh at although for different reasons for me. Personally I am saddened by the media onslaught on our PM over something that is not important when you weigh up what Boris has achieved during the pandemic. Many issues such as ventillators, more hospital space (Nightingales), taking the country into and out of lockdown with minimal impact to daily life, furlough schemes and loans (probably too generous with £4.3 billion now unrecoverable), the success of procuring vaccines, the success of the booster campaign helping to keep current restrictions to a minimal level... but hey powerful people are using the media to wage a get 'Boris' out campaign and people are falling for it.

I agree totally HolySox. In fact it’s reminded me of the film...’ Don’t Look Up ‘. Won’t say too much, in case I spoil it, but that’s basically people distracted from a real threat, by the trivia of the world.

It was the same when Princess Diana died. The Royal family were blamed then, especially the Queen, who must have suffered terribly at the time. Now she’s a sweet old lady who can do no wrong.

Media frenzy is all this is....and people are like sheep, getting caught up in the whirl of it all.

I feel sad too. Boris has kept us safe, and I am grateful to him for it.

MaizieD Wed 19-Jan-22 11:16:34

HolySox

MaisieD interesting blog and I share some of it's concerns. I think Boris going will be a disaster for us. Really Keir Starmer needs to push for a vote of No Confidence and get the lot out. He had opportunity with the vote to introduce Plan B measures but, credit to KS, he put our welfare first. As I said above my concern is the wealthy hard right using the media.

There is no point in Starmer pushing for a vote of no confidence, HolySox, the tory party would unite to defeat it because preserving the party in power is more important than the wellbeing of the country they are supposed to serve.

nanna8 Wed 19-Jan-22 11:19:36

Very good. When’s he going though?

Blossoming Wed 19-Jan-22 11:27:50

I can’t get over the ridiculous names the plans are given,

Red Meat
Pork Pie
Big Dog
Bye Bye

Iam64 Wed 19-Jan-22 11:29:20

It’s so good.
When the pM is the story and the subject of endless humiliating jokes he’s not long in post. I wish he’d show humility abd resign

The Line of duty sketch is brilliant

Chestnut Wed 19-Jan-22 11:36:42

powerful people are using the media to wage a get 'Boris' out campaign and people are falling for it.
I agree we have been swamped with news on 'parties at No 10' rather than real news. It is completely overwhelming the media, I can't even switch my radio on in the kitchen to cook dinner without hearing about Boris and parties. As if there was nothing else going on in the world or the country.
I feel we are being manipulated and controlled by the media.

HolySox Wed 19-Jan-22 11:50:51

Indeed Chesnut. Been reading about the tension between NATO and Russia and likelihood of war in Europe. Then Russia hiking gas prices as part of the game. Maybe not just the far right doing a distraction campaign, maybe russia trolls on social media. Who commisioned this video exactly?