Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Queen ,,yesterday photos

(67 Posts)
lemsip Tue 17-May-22 13:17:53

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10824699/Queen-make-rare-surprise-public-appearance-open-Elizabeth-Line.html

lemsip Tue 17-May-22 13:19:39

maybe this morning not yesterday``.....she loves her long walking stick.

Riverwalk Tue 17-May-22 13:54:51

The photo of Khan, Shapps & Johnson made me laugh! Khan looks half asleep, Shapps like Elon Musk, and as for Bozo...

I shall taken myself for a ride on the Elizabeth Line when it opens to the public which I think is next week smile Using my Freedom Pass of course.

FannyCornforth Tue 17-May-22 14:03:30

It was today, wasn’t it?

FannyCornforth Tue 17-May-22 14:05:01

Riverwalk good grief, he looks like a bag of s*
Our Prime Minister ?

tanith Tue 17-May-22 14:33:12

It opens to the public on May 24th subject to safety approvals apparently. I’ll give it a go just because I can for free and it’s not far to my nearest Elizabeth line station. ??

lemsip Tue 17-May-22 16:35:49

FannyCornforth

It was today, wasn’t it?

yes, I did correct it on
second post!

Callistemon21 Tue 17-May-22 16:40:24

Riverwalk

The photo of Khan, Shapps & Johnson made me laugh! Khan looks half asleep, Shapps like Elon Musk, and as for Bozo...

I shall taken myself for a ride on the Elizabeth Line when it opens to the public which I think is next week smile Using my Freedom Pass of course.

The Queen looks lovely at 96 and perhaps recovering from what failed her a couple of weeks ago.

However, all three of the men look as if they've staggered down and are waiting for the Tube home after a night on the tiles.

Callistemon21 Tue 17-May-22 16:41:24

I did typed what ailed her not failed when she failed to attend the Grand Opening of the Circus.

Fennel Tue 17-May-22 16:45:41

I loved the colour of her outfit Apricot?

buffyfly9 Tue 17-May-22 16:59:20

I'm afraid our PM always looks like a bag of shit. Doesn't Carrie get the laundry done (bound to have a housekeeper) or feel the need to tell him to man up, get his hair seen to and have a bit of respect for the populace who have to look at him. If he was my husband his feet wouldn't touch the ground.

tanith Tue 17-May-22 17:09:21

I wondered whether the yellow outfit with the blue flower on her hat was a subtle ‘nod’ to support Ukraine.

Callistemon21 Tue 17-May-22 17:24:01

tanith

I wondered whether the yellow outfit with the blue flower on her hat was a subtle ‘nod’ to support Ukraine.

Yes. Nothing overt or political, but a 'nod'.

MawtheMerrier Tue 17-May-22 17:32:23

Today surely
Did you mean the horse Fennel ?
Or the Queens outfit today?
The horse was a light chestnut I suppose, but the Queen today definitely in daffodil yellow - and looking amazing

vegansrock Wed 18-May-22 07:08:08

One of the good things about HM is that she wears such bright blocky colours, so full marks to the stylists for making her stand out in a crowd. Charles in a navy suit won’t have the same impact I’m afraid.

FannyCornforth Wed 18-May-22 07:36:22

vegansrock she’s just so totally iconic, isn’t she.

I was recently thinking about Charles being on our money.
And singing ‘God Save the King’ to him.

It’s just not going to work is it?

I just can’t see the monarchy surviving. At least not it the way that we are used to.

The end of an era is a term that is often used, but the way she has spanned so much of the 20th century and its changes especially, is utterly remarkable.

It’s going to be a momentous cultural shock.

Joseanne Wed 18-May-22 07:52:00

I agree Fanny that Charles looks and dresses the same as he did 30 - 40 years ago. Too late to change his boring image. Always harder fir a man in that respect.
I guess we just have to hope he lets rip with his own ideas on change to move the monarchy into a new era.

Calendargirl Wed 18-May-22 08:00:11

How do we know that when Charles becomes King, he won’t rock up to functions in a daffodil yellow suit?

Or bright pink maybe?

?? ???

maddyone Wed 18-May-22 08:04:33

FannyCornforth

Riverwalk good grief, he looks like a bag of s*
Our Prime Minister ?

If this comment was about Harry or Meghan it would be removed. It’s a horrible comment.

maddyone Wed 18-May-22 08:06:45

buffyfly9

I'm afraid our PM always looks like a bag of shit. Doesn't Carrie get the laundry done (bound to have a housekeeper) or feel the need to tell him to man up, get his hair seen to and have a bit of respect for the populace who have to look at him. If he was my husband his feet wouldn't touch the ground.

I agree he always looks untidy but find the description a bag of sh…. offensive.

FannyCornforth Wed 18-May-22 08:08:38

But he does maddy

If it was said about H or M it would be untrue and unfair.

Johnson demonstrates no degree of respect to anyone, so I will not show him any either.

He is an awful, awful human being

FannyCornforth Wed 18-May-22 08:11:46

Calendargirl

How do we know that when Charles becomes King, he won’t rock up to functions in a daffodil yellow suit?

Or bright pink maybe?

?? ???

That would be fab!
Perhaps Michael Portillo could give him lessons in charismatic sartorial style ?

maddyone Wed 18-May-22 08:13:15

Fanny we weren’t discussing whether he’s an awful human being, we were discussing the Queen. Anyway it’s only your opinion and whilst many agree with you, it is an opinion.

FannyCornforth Wed 18-May-22 08:17:04

Yes, maddy I’m aware that it’s my opinion, I never thought anything other than that

maddyone Wed 18-May-22 08:17:57

Fanny smile