Gransnet forums

News & politics

RIP Dame Deborah Bowel Babe

(11 Posts)
Bea65 Wed 29-Jun-22 04:03:14

Sad news that Dame Deborah age 40 has died of bowel cancer, she knew she didn't have long despite treatment ...I was inspired by her positive attitude and loved her dance moves,.. And her endless campaigning and podcasts which I listened to which got people talking openly about their bowel habits..Also believe she has raised several million pounds as Bowel Babe for Cancer Research UK She's left a legacy and her family must be proud of her and Bless You Deborah sad

GrannyGravy13 Wed 29-Jun-22 06:48:36

I was so sad to hear this on the news last night. I knew she had stopped all treatment and was at her parents home with her husband and children receiving end of life care.

I shall wear my rebellious hope T shirt today (one of the ways that she raised over £6 million for cancer charities)

RIP Dame Deborah ???

Joseanne Wed 29-Jun-22 06:51:59

Could we ask that this new thread be amalgamated with the one started last night?

FannyCornforth Wed 29-Jun-22 07:16:07

Joseanne

Could we ask that this new thread be amalgamated with the one started last night?

No, I’m pretty certain that can’t be done.
You can request to have one thread deleted (the opening poster) or both threads continue

DiamondLily Wed 29-Jun-22 08:41:22

Very sad. Thoughts with her loved ones. ?

Bea65 Wed 29-Jun-22 10:35:55

Oh didn't know about the one last night as did check in the News forum?

GrannyGravy13 Wed 29-Jun-22 10:39:03

I do not usually watch Lorraine (ITV 9am) but tuned in this morning as the programme was dedicated to Dame Deborah and her legacy.

A very moving tribute, to a very special lady.

Patsy70 Wed 29-Jun-22 11:15:08

Such a very brave young lady, who achieved so much awareness of bowel cancer. Thoughts are with her family and friends at this sad time. flowers

TillyTrotter Wed 29-Jun-22 11:34:18

It’s a word that can be overused sometimes but Dame Deborah James was inspirational. So selfless, and has helped many with messages to support them and money raised to help others.
RIP ?

Susan56 Wed 29-Jun-22 12:33:08

So sad to hear this news last night.My thoughts are with her family.A truly inspirational lady.

Pammie1 Wed 29-Jun-22 13:40:14

So very sad. I can only echo what others have said here. Thoughts and prayers are with her family. A very courageous and generous spirited lady.