Gransnet forums

News & politics

Ghislaine Maxeell

(28 Posts)
MissAdventure Wed 29-Jun-22 11:35:52

She has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

MissAdventure Wed 29-Jun-22 11:36:46

Oh bum.
All sorry wrong.
Eyes arent5spc good teddy.

MissAdventure Wed 29-Jun-22 11:37:40

shock
I must get some new asses eyes

nanna8 Wed 29-Jun-22 11:39:01

Good - but she will spend her ill gotten gains on expensive lawyers throwing out challenges. I’d be surprised if she spends half that time actually in jail.

MissAdventure Wed 29-Jun-22 11:39:04

Bot sure whether to laugh or cry!
Asses, glasses!

MissAdventure Wed 29-Jun-22 11:40:14

Bots, asses....

blush

MaizieD Wed 29-Jun-22 11:40:49

What about the men she was procuring under age girls for? The ones she's taking the rap for?

MissAdventure Wed 29-Jun-22 11:42:45

Perhaps they are are able to buy their way out of any association?
It's not unheard of.

Anniebach Wed 29-Jun-22 11:43:54

I fear for her life

FannyCornforth Wed 29-Jun-22 11:46:05

I heard Virginia Giuffre’s victim impact statement in full yesterday.
It was absolutely damning.
Truly jaw dropping stuff.

Urmstongran Wed 29-Jun-22 11:51:07

I bet she fears for her life too Annibach. There are some very powerful people with money and connections observing all this I believe. I think it’s quite frightening. I don’t think for one second that Epstein took his own life. I wonder whether Ghislaine Maxwell has put an important document into the hands of a trusted family member or friend with ‘to be opened upon my death’ on the envelope spilling all the beans. I would.

Urmstongran Wed 29-Jun-22 11:53:04

Lady Victoria Hervey was being interviewed by Eammon Holmes on GB News earlier. She said on of the paedophile ring was a 12 year old girl who had to have an abortion. Sick men about.

MissAdventure Wed 29-Jun-22 11:54:13

So people think that Ghislaine is a victim, really?

MaizieD Wed 29-Jun-22 12:37:08

MissAdventure

I don't think she's a victim. I think that those she pimped for should be in prison along with her.

Doodledog Wed 29-Jun-22 12:37:57

MaizieD

MissAdventure

I don't think she's a victim. I think that those she pimped for should be in prison along with her.

I agree with Maisie. I suspect that there's a lot more to this case than we know.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 29-Jun-22 12:38:27

MissAdventure

She is definitely not a victim.

She procured young girls for older mens pleasure.

I now want her to name and shame these men, not until then will these young women /girls have true justice,

nanna8 Wed 29-Jun-22 12:41:42

MissAdventure

Blame the victim syndrome. Quite disgusting. By victim I mean those poor young women she duped and enticed into Edelstein’s clutches. They deserve every penny of compensation they can get.

Urmstongran Wed 29-Jun-22 12:44:51

Are we seriously supposed to believe that she trafficked girls only for the conveniently dead Epstein?

It’s well known that many famous names traveled to Epstein’s island, but they are seemingly too protected by the system they have bought to face any awkward questions.

Blinko Wed 29-Jun-22 12:58:20

No attempt seems to have been made to identify and prosecute the men involved, the 'customers'. I wonder when that will happen...

Urmstongran Wed 29-Jun-22 13:00:04

Or ‘if’.

eazybee Wed 29-Jun-22 13:36:51

With her monied and privileged background, Ghislaine Maxwell could have achieved so much. Instead she chose to squander it all on Epstein, and she is now being pilloried for her association with him, while his fellow miscreants are protected.
I do feel sympathy for any person caught up in the American legal system; it certainly doesn't appear to dispense justice.

Oldwoman70 Wed 29-Jun-22 13:55:51

I would hope that the authorities were waiting until she was found guilty and sentenced before they started on the men involved. Hopefully, when the reality of 20 years in prison hits her she will start to name names.

maddyone Wed 29-Jun-22 14:00:14

I hope they prosecute the men involved. They committed rape.

Iam64 Wed 29-Jun-22 14:40:40

Maxwell appears not to have named any of the men who abused these vulnerable, trafficked young women. Was she so deluded she thought the jury would find her NG, so kept her mouth shut in the hope she’d be accepted back into ‘society’ ?

The investigators may now go after perpetrators. It’s possible the women who gave powerful evidence against Maxwell will be prepared to name names. I hope so

HousePlantQueen Wed 29-Jun-22 14:44:42

I hope she will spill the beans and name them all; she is no innocent, but the 'clients' are the ones who should be shamed, named, prosecuted and ruined. If I was her, which I wouldn't be, I would be taking the whole disgusting lot of them down with me, why should these men get away with it?