Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris hairdresser pregnant story

(73 Posts)
Esspee Mon 04-Jul-22 07:10:50

When I heard the persistent story that there is a court injunction preventing the British press from reporting that Boris got his hairdresser pregnant and she was sent out of the way to Canada I was shocked.

Shocked that he ever had a hairdresser.

Does anything shock you now about Boris?

Ladyleftfieldlover Mon 04-Jul-22 07:21:41

No. He is behaving like a pound-shop trump. Neither of them can be believed about anything and they appear to want power at all cost. Country and even party come way down the list after what ‘they’ want. Despicable people.

M0nica Mon 04-Jul-22 07:21:56

I cannot think of anything specific, but what would shock me about Boris Johnson would be to find out that on, even one issue, he behaved in an honourable and honest way.

He is a morality free area.

DiamondLily Mon 04-Jul-22 07:58:55

Diane Abbott made some "interesting" allegations, about Johnson, on the TV yesterday.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10979031/Diane-Abbott-claims-Boris-Johnson-rumoured-like-assaulting-women-BBC-interview.html

www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/07/03/diane-abbott-claims-boris-johnson-rumoured-like-assaulting-women/

Blinko Mon 04-Jul-22 08:03:06

Given the state of his hair, it shocks me that he even has a hairdresser...

As for the substantive issue, is anyone surprised?

Iam64 Mon 04-Jul-22 08:05:13

So many of these persistent rumours about public figures turn out to have a basis of truth.
I hears Diane Abbott in the Paddy O’Connell interview. I’ve no difficulty believing Johnson is one of those men who touch women. Haven’t there been stories about him touching thighs of women unfortunate enough to sit next to him at dinner events?
Poor Paddy fell over himself trying to stop Abbott but she wasn’t for listening.

Casdon Mon 04-Jul-22 08:08:01

That made me laugh Espee - I’d sack my hairdresser too if my hair looked like his does!

Aveline Mon 04-Jul-22 08:09:47

I'm always surprised that the only story complaining about Boris is that twenty year old one about him touching someone's leg. Women seem to fall for his charms. It's incomprehensible to me. I suspect that he must laugh them into bed!

DiamondLily Mon 04-Jul-22 08:13:01

I think it's perhaps his bank account, or in latter years, the fact that he was in a position to help these "young ladies" in their career. ?

MaizieD Mon 04-Jul-22 08:20:15

DiamondLily

Diane Abbott made some "interesting" allegations, about Johnson, on the TV yesterday.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10979031/Diane-Abbott-claims-Boris-Johnson-rumoured-like-assaulting-women-BBC-interview.html

www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2022/07/03/diane-abbott-claims-boris-johnson-rumoured-like-assaulting-women/

Interesting read. Thanks for posting those links, DiamondLily.

In view of the fact that some sexually motivated fumbling is now being reported as 'assault' in many cases and that Johnson has a track record for what we would, in the past, have called 'groping', it seems to me that Diane Abbot is probably absolutely correct.

I am amused by the report of BBC's rush to censor Abbot's comment. 'We must protect our Glorious Leader at all costs.' (Though really what's a bit of groping compared with 'jobs for blow jobs'?). A nice journalistic ploy to ensure that everyone gets all the sordid detail ?

KatieKnitsSocks Mon 04-Jul-22 08:26:24

Is this just another chaff story to distract the media and us - all part of the Johnson master plan? Remember this interview? Deliberately done to that he can steal on quietly dropping his depth chargers wherever he wants to.

www.indy100.com/politics/boris-johnson-strategy-confuse-media

MaizieD Mon 04-Jul-22 09:15:43

KatieKnitsSocks

Is this just another chaff story to distract the media and us - all part of the Johnson master plan? Remember this interview? Deliberately done to that he can steal on quietly dropping his depth chargers wherever he wants to.

www.indy100.com/politics/boris-johnson-strategy-confuse-media

What I want to know, chaff story or not, is why isn't the entire population of the UK utterly disgusted by this man?

I've just been watching a James O'Brien clip from 30th June and his closing comments struck a chord.

mobile.twitter.com/LBC/status/1542457782376472576

Glorianny Mon 04-Jul-22 09:52:27

I absolutely abhor Boris, but I think Diane Abbot should be above trying to get at him by talking about "rumours" that he assaults women. She should be above something like that. If she knows he does that is different, but "rumours"???

maddyone Mon 04-Jul-22 09:57:09

Why would I be shocked about a persistant story? If and when this is shown to be true, it will be worthy of discussion in my opinion. Until then, it’s a rumour/hearsay.

Esspee Mon 04-Jul-22 10:05:12

maddyone

Why would I be shocked about a persistant story? If and when this is shown to be true, it will be worthy of discussion in my opinion. Until then, it’s a rumour/hearsay.

Sorry maddyone it is definitely persistent.

FarNorth Mon 04-Jul-22 10:10:30

I'm continually shocked that women get intimately involved with Johnson as he is a revolting person in all ways.

henetha Mon 04-Jul-22 10:13:00

Hairdresser? NO ! He does what I do, - cuts his own hair, surely . grin

I am not a fan of Boris at all and share most of the opinions on here about him, but maybe we don't know what is true and what isn't. All guns are out for him now and sometimes, - only just sometimes, - I think it's a tad unfair? I know many of you won't agree with me, but there you are, I'm just an old softie.

MaizieD Mon 04-Jul-22 10:18:08

maddyone

I'm shocked that people are prepared to even give him the benefit of the doubt.

A sexual incontinent who can't lie straight in bed and people are prepared to brush off allegations?

hmm

maddyone Mon 04-Jul-22 10:21:20

Esspee grin

maddyone Mon 04-Jul-22 10:25:55

Im shocked that people are prepared to give him the the benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn’t expect anything less of you Maizie grin

Seriously though, I’m not giving him the benefit of the doubt. I just don’t know if it’s true and neither does anyone else. I would have an opinion on it if it was shown to be true, but since it’s hearsay, it’s not worth bothering to have an opinion.

maddyone Mon 04-Jul-22 10:27:40

As to it being his hairdresser, does he actually have one? If he does, she/he needs retraining.

Curlywhirly Mon 04-Jul-22 10:31:13

I also am a softie, and even if I am not keen on someone, I don't like to see them picked on - but Johnson really has only himself to blame for all the stick he is getting. I do wonder though how his wife copes with each scandal? I certainly didn't have a very high opinion of her initially (having an affair with a married man) but have to say I am beginning to feel a bit sorry for her, wedded to such a serial philanderer and liar. If she didn't have trust issues with him initially, she surely must have them now.

Ashcombe Mon 04-Jul-22 10:33:02

Seen on Facebook…..

Smileless2012 Mon 04-Jul-22 10:36:21

Well, if you have a relationship with someone whose married, the odds of them remaining faithful to you aren't good are they.

henetha Mon 04-Jul-22 10:36:26

Yes, CurlyWurly I agree. I've often wondered how Carrie feels about all this.