Gransnet forums

News & politics

Robert Peston

(18 Posts)
H1954 Tue 05-Jul-22 11:32:05

Does anyone else think that Robert Peston is a scruffy individual? I don't doubt his political knowledge but I do wish he would tidy himself up.

PollyDolly Tue 05-Jul-22 17:13:06

Yes, I think he is dreadfully scruffy. I watched him on the news late evening when. he was presenting an article, looked like he had been dragged through a hedge backwards!

Auntieflo Tue 05-Jul-22 17:34:48

Saw him at lunch time.
His hair looks decidedly greyer. Has he stopped dyeing it, or was it just the sunshine?

MaizieD Tue 05-Jul-22 18:10:11

What's more to the point is that he's been uncritically 'reporting' the government's lies 'view' for at least the last three years but is now being critical. A bit late in the day, really.

Casdon Tue 05-Jul-22 18:14:21

MaizieD

What's more to the point is that he's been uncritically 'reporting' the government's lies 'view' for at least the last three years but is now being critical. A bit late in the day, really.

To be fair I wouldn’t agree with you on that MaizieD, I’ve always thought he had a knife to stick in.

He is scruffy, but he’s a male journalist, so it’s par for the course. I don’t think he dyes his hair though, he’s been greying for years.

H1954 Tue 05-Jul-22 18:46:17

He's just been on the news again commenting on Sunak and Javid resigning from the Cabinet, different jacket tonight in a nice shade of blue, nevertheless it was still far too big but his shirt was at least clean.

Maybe he wears his big brothers cast offs?

TillyTrotter Tue 05-Jul-22 18:48:29

I wish he could sit up straight in a chair instead of lolling like Kevin the Teenager.

merlotgran Tue 05-Jul-22 18:52:06

I can’t bear the way he speaks. Drawling one minute then suddenly speeding up.

nanaK54 Tue 05-Jul-22 19:56:20

merlotgran

I think that he is trying to control a stammer

Devorgilla Tue 05-Jul-22 20:07:17

It's Norf London chic, don't you know?

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Jul-22 20:21:06

nanaK54

merlotgran

He has said not, it's one of those urban myths that goes around.

I thought he'd looked a bit tidier lately

nanaK54 Tue 05-Jul-22 20:23:53

Callistemon21

nanaK54

merlotgran

He has said not, it's one of those urban myths that goes around.

I thought he'd looked a bit tidier lately

Ah, okey dokey, I stand corrected grin

Callistemon21 Tue 05-Jul-22 20:27:00

I only have his word for it on Twitter ?

Aldom Tue 05-Jul-22 20:28:21

Robert Peston lost an awful lot of weight when his wife died. He never seems to have picked up since. Maybe that's why his clothes don't fit.
He took her death very badly I remember.

Calendargirl Tue 05-Jul-22 21:41:20

But he’s in another relationship now, I think, has been for some time.

Aldom Tue 05-Jul-22 22:19:42

Good to hear RP may have found new happiness in his life.

DaisyAnne Tue 05-Jul-22 22:50:21

H1954

Does anyone else think that Robert Peston is a scruffy individual? I don't doubt his political knowledge but I do wish he would tidy himself up.

Why? Perhaps we should all wear Chairman Mao suits and have a standard bowl haircut.

What would improve if everyone worked to your idea of how to dress? Today I met a lovely woman covered in tattoos and piercings, who spends her day helping people worried that their benefits will be stopped or that they don't understand official forms. Her calm, confident manner, obvious knowledge, and box of tissues calmed the distressed, elderly lady I had taken to see her. She does this every day.

Books and covers come to mind.

lemsip Tue 05-Jul-22 22:53:10

DaisyAnne oh for goodness sake!