Gransnet forums

News & politics

Heard the news? He has refused to go.

(64 Posts)
M0nica Wed 06-Jul-22 20:30:35

What more can I say. I just hope anyone offered a post in his reshuffled Cabinet turns it down.

Callistemon21 Wed 06-Jul-22 20:37:39

He takes arrogance to a new level.

Soroptimum Wed 06-Jul-22 20:39:29

Beginning to think he’s lost the plot.

Zonne Wed 06-Jul-22 20:47:04

Beyond parody now.

Shinamae Wed 06-Jul-22 20:55:59

I’m beginning to think he works for the Russians!!

M0nica Wed 06-Jul-22 20:56:56

The longer it goes on, the more the similarities between him and Trump grow, apart from looks. Both are in denial that they have lost their appeal and people are turning away from them.

How Boris can look at the opinion polls for his party and himself, both plunging downwards at a vertiginous pace, and say that the Conservatives cannot win an election without him, is taking being in denial to Trumpian heights.

Chewbacca Wed 06-Jul-22 21:01:29

I’m beginning to think he works for the Russians!!

Don't even joke about it!!

RichmondPark Wed 06-Jul-22 21:05:51

Petronella Wyatt, one of Boris's ex mistresses ,is offering some insights into his character in the Mail and on Twitter today.

"Boris has undoubted talent and charisma, but is sadly bereft of humility or a sagacious apprehension of the realities of a modern democracy."

"Boris's obsession with his own divine right will tear apart his party and cause collateral damage to the country."

He once told me that he idolised medieval kings because they didn't 'have to bother with voters' and had 'a free pass to do as they pleased'

'In the universe of Boris, he is king, not Prime Minister. '

'I even recall his once saying to me that most Conservative voters were 'dunderheads' and 'not worth bothering about.'

Grandmabatty Wed 06-Jul-22 21:06:33

I have nothing but absolute contempt for the man and his ever decreasing circle of followers.

Riverwalk Wed 06-Jul-22 21:17:47

I hope he's not trying/hoping for a popular backlash... a sort of man of the red wall people being driven out by the metropolitan elite.

A Trumpian tactic.

M0nica Wed 06-Jul-22 21:17:51

It has suddenly occurred to me why he is refusing to go - he needs the money!

Unlike Sunak, Javid, Zahawi, even Rees-Mogg, he didn't make a pile before he came into Parliament and with a wife and heavens knows how many children to support. He desperately needs every penny of the PM's salary. He also doesn't have any home to go to.

So if he goes, bang goes the money, he has got to support his many obligations out of an ordinary members of parliamets salary.

That or is waiting for one/some of the wealthy members to club together to offer him a sum of money so large that he cannot refuse it.

MayBee70 Wed 06-Jul-22 21:18:56

He’s just sacked Michael Gove!

MayBee70 Wed 06-Jul-22 21:19:40

And there’s another resignation coming…..

MayBee70 Wed 06-Jul-22 21:19:55

He’s mad….

Devorgilla Wed 06-Jul-22 21:20:21

Bugs Bunny style 'This means War!'

M0nica Wed 06-Jul-22 21:20:45

That was a dangerous thing to do. Gove is clever man with a devious mind, neither of which apply to Johnson, though he would like to think they do.

RichmondPark Wed 06-Jul-22 21:21:11

Riverwalk

I hope he's not trying/hoping for a popular backlash... a sort of man of the red wall people being driven out by the metropolitan elite.

A Trumpian tactic.

I think that's exactly what he's doing. When he was questioned earlier there was a lot of 'I don't want to talk about this. People are fed up with talking about this stuff. What ordinary people want is me getting on with the job.'

Devorgilla Wed 06-Jul-22 21:22:53

It's Civil War in the Tory Party.

SunshineSally Wed 06-Jul-22 21:25:20

He’s sacked Michael Gove - who’s next.

Callistemon21 Wed 06-Jul-22 21:28:06

RichmondPark

Riverwalk

A Trumpian tactic.

I think that's exactly what he's doing. When he was questioned earlier there was a lot of 'I don't want to talk about this. People are fed up with talking about this stuff. What ordinary people want is me getting on with the job.'

But that is like a stuck record now.

annsixty Wed 06-Jul-22 21:28:53

“Those who God seeks to destroy, he first makes mad” or something similar.

M0nica Wed 06-Jul-22 21:35:06

Riverwalk, it wouldn't work. The Red Wall is crumbling.

He no longer has a following, in Parliament, in the constituencies, or in the wider public. Just look at the polls
yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Boris_Johnson?content=trackers

Esspee Wed 06-Jul-22 21:42:08

It may have to end with a siege. How long could he hold out in no.10 if we refuse him food and booze?

25Avalon Wed 06-Jul-22 21:45:13

No surprise.

Casdon Wed 06-Jul-22 21:50:36

M0nica

It has suddenly occurred to me why he is refusing to go - he needs the money!

Unlike Sunak, Javid, Zahawi, even Rees-Mogg, he didn't make a pile before he came into Parliament and with a wife and heavens knows how many children to support. He desperately needs every penny of the PM's salary. He also doesn't have any home to go to.

So if he goes, bang goes the money, he has got to support his many obligations out of an ordinary members of parliamets salary.

That or is waiting for one/some of the wealthy members to club together to offer him a sum of money so large that he cannot refuse it.

One thing he does have is a home to go to, Carrie and the children allegedly moved out of Downing Street a while ago to their Camberwell pad. He’s also got a country house.
londonnewsonline.co.uk/exclusive-boris-and-carrie-johnson-to-move-out-of-number-10-and-back-to-camberwell/