Gransnet forums

News & politics

Blaming the Queens funeral for botched mini budget.

(20 Posts)
62Granny Tue 04-Oct-22 21:26:05

www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/kwasi-kwarteng-blames-queens-funeral-25174511?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar
Doesn't this take the biscuit,
Kwarteng is now blaming the Queens funeral
Saying it was a "high speed , high pressure environment.
Yesterday Truss blamed him
Today he blames the Queen!!

Blossoming Tue 04-Oct-22 21:58:49

He was certainly overcome by something at the Queen’s funeral but I doubt it was grief.

MissAdventure Tue 04-Oct-22 22:07:45

He's skating on thin ice, I reckon.
The article mentions his behaviour at the funeral, too. angry
Bloody man!

Callistemon21 Tue 04-Oct-22 22:16:49

He, Truss and their cronies have been planning this for a long time so they knew exactly what they were doing.
Botched, certainly.

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel now.

We really do not deserve this lot.

Charleygirl5 Tue 04-Oct-22 22:22:15

They do not have a clue and it is not helping anybody that the world recognises their incompetence.

notgran Wed 05-Oct-22 07:48:26

Shocking, simple as.

FannyCornforth Wed 05-Oct-22 08:32:07

Blossoming

He was certainly overcome by something at the Queen’s funeral but I doubt it was grief.

Very good! ?

henetha Wed 05-Oct-22 09:40:26

Absolutely diabolical behaviour. What a shambles.

hulahoop Wed 05-Oct-22 09:43:55

Disgusting man ,he needs to go.

Luckygirl3 Wed 05-Oct-22 09:44:36

U-turn that has done little to quell decent with leading Welsh Tory .... decent!!!??? - oh dear. They need a better proof reader!

As to KK, he cannot descend much lower.

icanhandthemback Wed 05-Oct-22 09:51:59

What about the weeks leading up to Leadership election? Weren't they working on a budget then? I can't see Kwarteng being Chancellor for long.

Petera Wed 05-Oct-22 10:01:04

Is anyone watching the second series of 'The Capture'? I can't but help thinking they've stumbled on the most believable explanation for all this.

Let's see if we hear about a Lagos love child....

timetogo2016 Wed 05-Oct-22 10:08:10

He is a total idiot,as is Liz T.
The Labour party will be rubbing their hands together with this pile of s... in the Conservatives.

GagaJo Wed 05-Oct-22 10:10:08

They're not proper politicians. Neither was Boris. They're just in it for power and prestige. I'd be no better at the job but I know this. That lot just want the glory. It was blatantly obvious during the election with Boris and the same with Truss.

HOW can they live with themselves knowing the world thinks they're idiots? Must have teflon hides.

Callistemon21 Wed 05-Oct-22 10:14:03

FannyCornforth

Blossoming

Very good! ?

He always seems to have a rather blank, faraway look in his eyes.
Perhaps he's seeing £££££££m

Callistemon21 Wed 05-Oct-22 10:15:47

Luckygirl3

*U-turn that has done little to quell decent with leading Welsh Tory* .... decent!!!??? - oh dear. They need a better proof reader!

Yes, I was ?
They need better reporters!!
And proof readers

MawtheMerrier Wed 05-Oct-22 10:24:09

Luckygirl3

*U-turn that has done little to quell decent with leading Welsh Tory* .... decent!!!??? - oh dear. They need a better proof reader!

I had to struggle with this - presumably "dissent?"
Despite all my years of secondary teaching, sometimes I still can't see what the writer meant ! Sometimes we enjoyed a wry smile.
Eg had you heard of the 20th century Soviet leader Starling?

M0nica Wed 05-Oct-22 10:24:32

I am almost reaching the 'Bring back Boris johnson' way of thinking!!!!!

henetha Wed 05-Oct-22 10:28:31

Well, I know what you mean, MOnica.
With me it's "Bring back Rishi Sunack"

Glorianny Wed 05-Oct-22 10:30:51

Oh dear, poor man. Fancy having to do the job you are well paid for and wanted to do, after such a traumatic event. And how on earth could you manage to do it well? He probably needs counselling. And maybe some time off. (Like permanent leave after a GE!)