Gransnet forums

News & politics

Woman found guilty of raping two women. Remanded in custody for sentence end February

(858 Posts)
Iam64 Wed 25-Jan-23 08:34:52

Apologies for my technical inability to link, maybe some one will.
This individual says they were confused from age 4 about gender identity. S/he has been taking hormones and told the court s/he wants ‘all the surgery the nhs can give’. Defence council argued there are three vulnerable women in the case, his client and the women. The defendant pleaded not guilt, arguing the sex was consensual. Both women gave evidence that they resisted, told him no but his strength overcame resistance. The jury clearly believe the women.
He’s ric to a women’s prison, but will be kept in solitude.
We need prison facilities for these kind of offenders. I understand they’d be vulnerable in men’s prisons but they should not be in women’s prison.

Anniebach Wed 25-Jan-23 08:36:51

Read the case, it referred to -her penis’

Jaxjacky Wed 25-Jan-23 08:44:43

Here’s the link
metro.co.uk/2023/01/24/transgender-woman-guilty-of-two-rapes-carried-out-when-she-was-a-man-18157684/

Oldwoman70 Wed 25-Jan-23 09:22:34

While I fully support anyone who feels they are in the wrong body, I do think that as long as someone is physically male they should not be kept in the same prison as women. The safety of the prisoners must take precedence. Perhaps a separate institution is the answer.

NotSpaghetti Wed 25-Jan-23 09:23:23

This person lived as a man until relatively recently (2020). In fact she was living as Adam Graham when the rapes happened (2016 and 2019) and was charged under that name, and as a man.

She made the first court appearance as a man and only started to identify as a woman after that. The victims met her when she was obviously male.

Anniebach clearly the reason it is "her penis" is simply acknowledgement that this person, now identifying as a woman, has a penis!

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 25-Jan-23 09:24:46

The rapes were carried out when the person was a man, from what I read.

BlueBelle Wed 25-Jan-23 09:30:38

No she can not have a penis just as he can have a womb
It’s impossible he is not a she until that appendage is removed then maybe he can be referred to as a she

Baggs Wed 25-Jan-23 09:33:36

The person is still a man. You can't change your sex even if you can change your gendered presentation to the world.

lemsip Wed 25-Jan-23 09:34:10

copied and paste
Furious campaigners have slammed the 'disgusting' decision to send a transgender rapist who attacked two women while living as a man to an all-female prison.

Isla Bryson was a shaven-headed Adam Graham with a Mike Tyson-style face tattoo when carrying out the violent sex attacks in 2016 and 2019 after meeting the victims online.

Bryson, who claimed to have had gender issues since the age of four, began transitioning from a man to a woman in 2020 after being charged with the rapes. The rapist has been taking hormones but has not had any surgery.

LadyGracie Wed 25-Jan-23 09:37:17

Penis = Man

toscalily Wed 25-Jan-23 09:40:38

He was presenting as a man at that time so "he" had a penis. I have never heard the the term ‘dead name’ before, surely it should be "previous name"?

Redhead56 Wed 25-Jan-23 09:46:27

It’s not a woman it’s a man and everyone just accepts this androcentric patriarchal society.

Oopsadaisy1 Wed 25-Jan-23 09:52:35

Accept it or be fined, not much choice there.

tickingbird Wed 25-Jan-23 10:09:51

Of course these rapists would never play the system would they?!

Shelmiss Wed 25-Jan-23 10:12:14

I think cases like these are a bit like the Emperor’s New Clothes. Everyone can see that it is a man, but they are afraid to say so. Ridiculous.

Callistemon21 Wed 25-Jan-23 10:17:54

We need prison facilities for these kind of offenders. I understand they’d be vulnerable in men’s prisons but they should not be in women’s prison

I do understand that some transgendered people may be vulnerable in a men's prison but I doubt that this person would be.

He's a rapist, he still has a penis and sounds as if he's well able to stand up for himself. He needs to be in prison with other male offenders, and to be kept away from any vulnerable male offenders too .

Maudi Wed 25-Jan-23 12:14:22

Probably thinks he's landed in paradise in a woman only prison lots of opportunities to get close to vulnerable women and being the only man shouldn't be too difficult. Win win situation for him.

Iam64 Wed 25-Jan-23 12:25:28

There’s a photograph in the DM. S/he is wearing leggings which emphasise the penis.

Maudi Wed 25-Jan-23 12:49:07

You couldn't make it up could you 😊

GrannyGravy13 Wed 25-Jan-23 12:53:41

This photo is all over social media?

Galaxy Wed 25-Jan-23 13:00:09

This is a man. I think it's actually treating his victims appallingly if we pretend otherwise.
You cant change sex.

Smileless2012 Wed 25-Jan-23 13:22:44

A man identifying as/pretending to be a woman has been found guilty of raping two women.

Wyllow3 Wed 25-Jan-23 13:23:32

Maudi

Probably thinks he's landed in paradise in a woman only prison lots of opportunities to get close to vulnerable women and being the only man shouldn't be too difficult. Win win situation for him.

We've just been told upthread they will be kept solitary.

Smileless2012 Wed 25-Jan-23 13:26:26

Could have been kept in solitary in a men's prison so why place him in a woman's?

Oreo Wed 25-Jan-23 13:27:41

tickingbird

Of course these rapists would never play the system would they?!

Wonderful excuse hey? Well, I’m a woman now so yah boo sucks to you all! Send me to a womens prison pronto and you have to believe me cos I say so.