Gransnet forums

News & politics

Nicola Bulley 45y Old mum of 2 little girls missing from River Wyre area since last Friday morning at 9:15am walking her dog, Willow.

(796 Posts)
Urmstongran Tue 31-Jan-23 17:18:37

This, in the news is breaking my heart.
I hope she comes home safe soon - but every passing day is such a worry.

Joseanne Tue 31-Jan-23 17:26:17

I've tried to picture this in my mind because I walk my dog, often alone, in daylight beside water. It doesn't make sense because the dog's lead and harness were found, the dog wasn't wet and her phone was on a bench.
I hope she comes home safe too.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 31-Jan-23 17:31:56

Terribly worrying for her family and friends.

SueDonim Tue 31-Jan-23 17:32:10

I’ve been following this story, too. I’d hoped in some way that maybe she’d tried to rescue the dog from the river or something but if he wasn’t wet, that’s not likely, is it? It’s also so odd that the phone was still connected to a conference call.

I still hope she’ll be found. My medic dd once had a woman who was brought into A&E. She had completely forgotten who she was, where she lived, her name, her family. All gone. The police managed to identify and she was ok in the end but it does happen occasionally.

Callistemon21 Tue 31-Jan-23 17:34:24

Oh dear, I hope that might be what happened, SueDonim
Very worrying, I hope she's found safe.

rosie1959 Tue 31-Jan-23 17:38:14

I have also been following this it is very strange I do so hope she is found safe.

Joane123 Tue 31-Jan-23 17:39:19

I've been watching this all day too hoping for news. I just keep praying she will be found safe and well.

crazyH Tue 31-Jan-23 17:48:31

I hope so too 🙏

lemsip Tue 31-Jan-23 17:49:05

A "key witness" in the search for a woman who went missing while walking her dog has been found, police said.

Nicola Bulley, 45, was last seen walking next to the River Wyre off Garstang Road, in St Michael's on Wyre, at about 09:15 GMT on Friday.

Her phone was found on a bench still connected to a work call, officers said.

Lancashire Police said the witness, who was walking a white fluffy dog in the area, was "currently being spoken to".

The man "spoke to the woman in the area who found Nicola's dog near a bench in the field", the force said in an earlier statement.

Yammy Tue 31-Jan-23 17:50:16

Now they are saying they want to interview a man who might have seen her. It just adds to the misery for the family but I suppose has to be done. I feel so sorry for them all I hope they find her soon and well.

Yammy Tue 31-Jan-23 17:51:50

Sorry crossed types.

Allsorts Tue 31-Jan-23 17:52:13

If only dogs could talk, practically all dogs will defend their owner to the last. I pray there is a good outcome to this, impossible to comprehend what her children and family are going through.

Urmstongran Tue 31-Jan-23 17:59:12

The man the Police were speaking to is a 70y old who was walking his white fluffy dog. Let’s hope he saw something.

Shelflife Tue 31-Jan-23 18:08:20

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. Shocking situation.

Urmstongran Tue 31-Jan-23 18:14:16

The pain for this family must be exquisite. Her partner of 12y said today “our girls need their mummy back”.
Heartbreaking.

Oldbat1 Tue 31-Jan-23 18:14:54

Not dissimilar to a woman who was walking her dog near a river and had a dog with her. Unfortunately she was murdered and a young man was found to have murdered her. I think she was only a few hundred yards from home. Not sure if she was a nurse or police officer. I really hope this woman is found safe and soon.

henetha Tue 31-Jan-23 18:17:47

Unimaginable worry for her family. I do hope she turns up safe and sound.

Redhead56 Tue 31-Jan-23 18:39:01

It's heartbreaking and such a worrying time for her family.

Jane71 Tue 31-Jan-23 18:43:14

I'm really upset about this. Why do such awful things happen: it makes me want to cry. Her poor family.

Iam64 Tue 31-Jan-23 18:51:34

I’ve been following this story on our local news feed. Prayers for her and her loved ones. It’s a disturbing scenario

Urmstongran Tue 31-Jan-23 21:07:55

I can understand the lead being off, but not the harness? No dog owner would just walk off and leave their dog.

Hoping for a miracle here. I keep thinking of those poor littlies without their mummy tonight.

tickingbird Tue 31-Jan-23 22:06:00

I can’t understand why the police have said they don’t believe she has been attacked. She is missing. Very strange and I hope nothing sinister has happened to her.

Callistemon21 Tue 31-Jan-23 22:12:54

Urmstongran

I can understand the lead being off, but not the harness? No dog owner would just walk off and leave their dog.

Hoping for a miracle here. I keep thinking of those poor littlies without their mummy tonight.

Yes, that's odd. The dog was dry so hadn't been for a swim without the harness.
It's 4.5 days now.

JenniferEccles Tue 31-Jan-23 22:21:36

It was also stated on the news that her mobile phone found on the seat was still connected to a conference call.
I imagine the others on that call would have been questioned in case they heard anything.
A terrible time for the family.

dragonfly46 Tue 31-Jan-23 22:21:48

Dreadful - I always worry when I see men out on their own when I am walking the dog across the fields.