Gransnet forums

News & politics

Harry in the High Court.

(123 Posts)
Calendargirl Mon 27-Mar-23 13:52:28

Prince Harry has appeared at the High Court along with other celebrities re their court case against Associated Newspapers in a privacy case.

I wonder where he’s staying?

At least he didn’t have to slip in by the back door in an attempt to go unnoticed.

Joseanne Mon 27-Mar-23 14:08:56

I bet William and Catherine are delighted that school is out for Easter and that they can keep out of his way!

eddiecat78 Mon 27-Mar-23 14:11:40

Just typical that the Daily Mail has no mention of this , or the court case at all, despite usually mentioning him negatively every day.

Germanshepherdsmum Mon 27-Mar-23 14:14:01

Presumably he’s happy with the level of security he’s getting then.

Whitewavemark2 Mon 27-Mar-23 14:14:18

I think that they have a good case.

eddiecat78 Mon 27-Mar-23 14:24:39

Whitewavemark2

I think that they have a good case.

Who?
The Mail publishers, or people like Doreen Lawrence who are sueng them?

Joseanne Mon 27-Mar-23 14:29:04

eddiecat78

Just typical that the Daily Mail has no mention of this , or the court case at all, despite usually mentioning him negatively every day.

Actually an article about it was in the Daily Mail around 12 noon.

DiamondLily Mon 27-Mar-23 14:36:52

If these accusations are true (from more than one accuser), then I would imagine they will be in deep trouble.

Bugging/hacking homes, cars and phones. Accessing medical and financial records and so on.

At one point there were accusations that they had bugged Kate's phone, when she was courting William, but I don't know what happened in the end with that.

We'll see. Nothing has been proved yet.

Lexisgranny Mon 27-Mar-23 14:37:54

I think his complaint is a valid one, from what I read in the newspapers, in all portability he will be on the winning side, but I note there’s no mention of any of the other
Plaintiffs in court. I wonder, therefore, whether he is testing the reception he will get from the general public before making a final decision about the coronation.

It is unfortunate for him that this is the week when Andrei Melodkin proposes to protest (against Prince Harry referring to the Taliban fighters he had shot down as chess pieces) by projecting a feature containing blood on St Paul’s Cathedral. All very unpleasant and for Harry somewhat unnerving I would imagine.

DiamondLily Mon 27-Mar-23 15:20:38

The BBC commented that Elton John was there this morning.:

www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65087072

MerylStreep Mon 27-Mar-23 15:35:30

eddiecat78

They are reporting the case.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11906335/Prince-Harry-arrives-High-Court-hearing-against-Associated-Newspapers-hacking-claims.html

Siope Mon 27-Mar-23 15:37:33

Sadie Frost was also there.

The most potentially damaging plaintiff in this case is surely Doreen Lawrence, which is why the Fail is trying to discredit her participation (presumably because not even they would risk trying to discredit her).

Whitewavemark2 Mon 27-Mar-23 15:45:33

There is a suggestion that the Mail paid the police for information. In which case the police ought to be in the dock as well.

eddiecat78 Mon 27-Mar-23 15:45:45

Apologies - I missed the article in the Daily Mail. Possibly because it is hidden away below an advert for magnesium supplements (on my phone in any case). Not exactly their normal placement for any comments about Harry

DiamondLily Mon 27-Mar-23 15:54:32

The DM buried it well...🙄

Charleygirl5 Mon 27-Mar-23 16:00:13

I wonder if Harry checked before he left America if he will be allowed to return. He probably thinks he is so entitled that he is untouchable.

Oreo Mon 27-Mar-23 16:56:20

OMG don’t scare us all like that Charleygirl5 😲😄

Oreo Mon 27-Mar-23 16:57:29

Whitewavemark2

There is a suggestion that the Mail paid the police for information. In which case the police ought to be in the dock as well.

A suggestion? Have to be a lot more than that, like some evidence.

pascal30 Mon 27-Mar-23 17:45:03

If it's true it's an appalling breach of privacy, I'd hate to have my conversations listened to by strangers for their profit and exploitation.. I can completely understand that all the prosecutors would want to be in court..

Whitewavemark2 Mon 27-Mar-23 17:49:59

Oreo

Whitewavemark2

A suggestion? Have to be a lot more than that, like some evidence.

Er yes. I thought it wasn’t necessary to state the bleeding obvious.

lemsip Mon 27-Mar-23 18:16:19

Ouch! was that really necessary!

eazybee Mon 27-Mar-23 18:21:55

I'd hate to have my conversations listened to by strangers for their profit and exploitation.

I expect members of the royal family feel that about Harry.
He is not a stranger, but he most certainly is in it now for profit and exploitation.

Cold Mon 27-Mar-23 21:41:52

pascal30

If it's true it's an appalling breach of privacy, I'd hate to have my conversations listened to by strangers for their profit and exploitation.. I can completely understand that all the prosecutors would want to be in court..

I bet his family are saying the same thing about their private family moments ... as well as that girl he had sex with in the field

Oreo Mon 27-Mar-23 21:59:23

Whitewavemark2 I’ts not a suggestion then if there’s any evidence to back it up.
It’s an allegation presumably which will have to be proved.
A very serious allegation.

Oreo Mon 27-Mar-23 22:00:55

Cold 😂