Gransnet forums

News & politics

Attack in France

(120 Posts)
maddyone Thu 08-Jun-23 11:22:48

I’ve just seen this on the news. Eight children stabbed in a park in France. How awful. Is this a terrorist attack do you think, or the attack of a mentally ill person?

tickingbird Thu 08-Jun-23 11:35:15

The children are, apparently, 3 years old. Three are critically injured. The attacker is reportedly a Syrian refugee. I pray those children are able to make a full recovery.

tickingbird Thu 08-Jun-23 11:39:40

Listening to Sky news, an adult is also in a life threatening condition. Just terrible.

Aveline Thu 08-Jun-23 11:43:49

Such an unbearable thing to happen. The poor little things. How anyone could do this is unfathomable.

Oreo Thu 08-Jun-23 11:48:18

A Syrian asylum seeker they say.What a swineangry

maddyone Thu 08-Jun-23 12:36:31

Just why? I don’t understand why. The country that gave him, I assume it was him, refuge.

Mamardoit Thu 08-Jun-23 12:47:42

GBnews are showing a video clip of the attacker being chased with no sound because background sound is so horrific. So sad only pure evil could do this to little children.

Aveline Thu 08-Jun-23 12:57:35

The police will struggle to manage him professionally! Shot in the legs. Hospital staff will struggle too.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 08-Jun-23 12:58:03

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

margauxbordeaux Thu 08-Jun-23 13:00:56

A horrorific act of evil ..

Oh my. I hope that the children shall recover. All my sincere best wishes to the families of these young toddlers.

TerriBull Thu 08-Jun-23 13:24:47

Every so often there is a truly horrific story in the news, this of course is one of those. Toddlers stabbed whilst sitting in their buggies I read. The assailant was looking for soft targets allegedly, they don't come much softer than defenceless little children. Hoping and praying they pull through, although I did read some of those injuries were critical. Assuming this person is compos mentis, how would he square such a wicked act with his God sad

margauxbordeaux Thu 08-Jun-23 13:47:11

According to The Guardian write up, 4 children and one gentleman were stabbed and all are in hospital.

The Police have the Syrian, 32 year old man "FOU" (MANIAC IN FRENCH) in custody and are investigating his documents for Asylum.

Horrorific absolutely. I hope he is deported to Syria.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 08-Jun-23 13:47:43

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

nanna8 Thu 08-Jun-23 13:56:11

They haven’t even reported it here yet. Sounds horrific and it will cause a lot of upset and soul searching amongst the authorities. Those poor,poor parents, I hope the little children survive.

Smileless2012 Thu 08-Jun-23 13:57:53

OMG this is just awful shock.

margauxbordeaux Thu 08-Jun-23 14:07:00

Surely it shall be on the world news t.v. later today.

The Guardian has done a write up ..

Yes, my heart goes out to the parents & families of the afflicted toddlers & older gentleman also stabbed.

twinnytwin Thu 08-Jun-23 14:10:10

Evidently he has lived in Sweden for ten years and moved to France as it's free movement in the EU. He's a legal immigrant.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 08-Jun-23 14:13:17

A British child is apparently among those attacked.

AGAA4 Thu 08-Jun-23 14:19:41

Truly evil human being to attack defenceless 3 year olds. Poor little ones!

Wyllow3 Thu 08-Jun-23 14:22:09

The racism in here is breathtaking since its very very possible is that he had v severe MH problems.

But people are attributing it to his race without any further information as to his state of mind.

White people do this sort of stuff and we don't interrogate whether they were Christians and what about their faith and so on.

Freya5 Thu 08-Jun-23 14:38:15

Wyllow3

The racism in here is breathtaking since its very very possible is that he had v severe MH problems.

But people are attributing it to his race without any further information as to his state of mind.

White people do this sort of stuff and we don't interrogate whether they were Christians and what about their faith and so on.

Oh of course he has, the get out card for all who kill and maim.
Let's wait and see shall we. Perhaps he's just an evil being, who felt like a murderous spree.

pascal30 Thu 08-Jun-23 14:44:23

maddyone

Just why? I don’t understand why. The country that gave him, I assume it was him, refuge.

I think he might have been or about to be refused citizenship and therefore not been given asylum

pascal30 Thu 08-Jun-23 14:54:08

pascal30

maddyone

I think he might have been or about to be refused citizenship and therefore not been given asylum

sorry that update doesn't appear to be correct I've just heard he had refugee status in Sweden..

Grandma70s Thu 08-Jun-23 14:59:14

It reminds me of the Dunblane massacre, though that was shooting and people died - but still a crazy person attacking children.

Wyllow3 Thu 08-Jun-23 15:02:31

It is simply terrible. But the police are clearly using the word ‘fou’ not terrotiste’.
We should wait for more info. Mad, or one very evil man, yes.