Gransnet forums

News & politics

December’s poll of Conservative members puts the Prime Minister’s net satisfaction rating at -25.4 per cent – his lowest to date.

(12 Posts)
DaisyAnneReturns Mon 04-Dec-23 20:08:08

Conservative Home's monthly survey of members. Last month Sunak was on +7.1 per cent.

James Cleverly was top last month at +71.8 now dropped to +10.6 [Conservative Home]

Much harder to stomach, though, is the latest analysis from JL Partners, which has studied a year’s worth of polling from different companies and examined where 2019 Conservative voters are now. And the answer, for a sizeable number, is not with Rishi Sunak.

Of those who voted Tory four years ago, just 59 per cent say they would back them again now. [New Statesman]

Any bets on the next Prime Minister? Before Christmas or after?

Hetty58 Mon 04-Dec-23 20:16:27

Well, 'lowest to date' is an achievement, I suppose.

DaisyAnneReturns Mon 04-Dec-23 20:41:22

Hetty58

Well, 'lowest to date' is an achievement, I suppose.

gringringrin

Grantanow Tue 05-Dec-23 00:02:14

Good news today that many Tories defied Sunak's 3 line whip in order to speed up compensation to infected blood patients.

MaizieD Tue 05-Dec-23 07:36:10

Grantanow

Good news today that many Tories defied Sunak's 3 line whip in order to speed up compensation to infected blood patients.

Speculation now as to whether or not he will remove the whip from them as he apparently threatened to do..

That tory majority icoukd be ebbing away..

DaisyAnneReturns Tue 05-Dec-23 08:00:16

Grantanow

That was excellent news, wasn't it Grantanow.

DaisyAnneReturns Tue 05-Dec-23 08:06:07

MaizieD

Grantanow

Speculation now as to whether or not he will remove the whip from them as he apparently threatened to do..

That tory majority icoukd be ebbing away..

It's great for the Poor people and families involved buf also because, whe they have done this once they are much more likely to do it again. Twenty-two rebelled. DM calls it an humiliating defeat.

Casdon Tue 05-Dec-23 08:18:58

I do think this was a conscience vote, it would have been better if MPs had been allowed to vote freely in the first place. It’s been dragging on far too many years for the poor families involved already.

MaizieD Tue 05-Dec-23 09:15:22

I don't understand why there was a 3 line whip on it. It is an innocuous and much needed measure. IIRC this issue has been going on for decades.

Is Sunak out to alienate every single member of the electorate?

DaisyAnneReturns Tue 05-Dec-23 09:35:39

I'm not sure he really understands parliamentary democracy Maisie Although he's not the only one who gives that impression. He does seem to be very put out when people don't "obey".

growstuff Tue 05-Dec-23 09:38:18

MaizieD

I don't understand why there was a 3 line whip on it. It is an innocuous and much needed measure. IIRC this issue has been going on for decades.

Is Sunak out to alienate every single member of the electorate?

I don't understand it either. It's not really a party political issue and people from all parties will have been affected.

Grantanow Tue 05-Dec-23 10:55:52

I think governments of all political colours play a long game when compensation is due: delaying means compensation is cheaper through inflation and some claimants die before the money arrives. Probably some claimants give up after a period fighting the government machine.