Gransnet forums

News & politics

princess of wales on the mend

(61 Posts)
lemsip Sat 10-Feb-24 08:44:26

Yes it is reported that catherine , william and the children have joined the king at sandringham

And, in a clear sign of her improvement, she was able to join her husband, Prince William, and their three children as they set off yesterday morning for a half-term holiday on the Sandringham estate in Norfolk, where the King is also convalescing.

Smileless2012 Sat 10-Feb-24 08:48:04

Great news.

lemsip Sat 10-Feb-24 08:48:36

I suppose they have gone to their home at Anmer which is on the Sandrinham esate

Joseann Sat 10-Feb-24 09:07:02

Well I should hope so. Well timed with the kids off school!

JaneJudge Sat 10-Feb-24 09:15:36

I’m glad she’s getting better. Its amazing how people think women who have had a c section have it easy and yet abdominal surgery for anything else is taken seriously. Not a dig at Kate, just an observation.

Our schools don’t break up until next week. It has confused me as the rest of the country seem to have broken up.

yggdrasil Sat 10-Feb-24 10:26:00

I had assumed she had had a hysterectomy, given the timingsinvolved. Though she isn't that old, is she

M0nica Sat 10-Feb-24 17:11:07

You do not needd to be old to have a hysterectomy. Women in their 20s and 30s sometimes need them.

Visgir1 Sat 10-Feb-24 18:01:56

Not over sure it's a Hysterectomy, too long a recovery.
Discussing with medical chums, could be more like a Bowel op?
She's seems to have got thinner in last year or so. What ever it is hope she's okay now.

varian Sat 10-Feb-24 18:38:14

Bowel problems are prevelant in people who have restricted diets from an early age.

dragonfly46 Sat 10-Feb-24 18:42:58

It was a gastric surgeon who performed the operation so not a hysterectomy. More likely she has had a stoma, either permanent or not.

Urmstongran Sat 10-Feb-24 19:22:12

Good to hear she’s making progress.

GrannyGravy13 Sat 10-Feb-24 19:27:58

I do not need to know the details of her operation, I am just pleased that she is on the road to recovery.

Urmstongran Sat 10-Feb-24 19:40:08

Well said GG13 👏
I’m sure you speak for most of us.

Jimjam1 Sat 10-Feb-24 22:06:41

I am sure she will recover well, She would have received 5 class treatment. No waiting for a GP appointment. No waiting around on the phone for 45 minutes to speak to a receptionist to get a appointment even when you get through 2 week wait to GP. I’m sure if everyone is being honest money talks!!

DamaskRose Sat 10-Feb-24 22:12:44

GrannyGravy13

I do not need to know the details of her operation, I am just pleased that she is on the road to recovery.

This.

crazyH Sat 10-Feb-24 22:17:09

I don’t know what the secrecy is all about. If King Charles can be open about his health, why not the rest of the RF ? It’s not a crime to be ill.

Anniebach Sat 10-Feb-24 22:22:07

It’s not a crime to choose not to speak publicly of it

OldFrill Sun 11-Feb-24 00:47:58

crazyH

I don’t know what the secrecy is all about. If King Charles can be open about his health, why not the rest of the RF ? It’s not a crime to be ill.

Perhaps she doesn't want her young children to know all the details. A parent's ill health can be incredibly frightening for young children, maybe especially when their grandparents have quite recently died.

rafichagran Sun 11-Feb-24 00:58:59

Anniebach

No it's not, and her medical condition is no one's business. I find people speculating on it both intrusive and wrong.

M0nica Sun 11-Feb-24 09:18:14

crazyH

Well, not exactly. We do not know what type of cancer he has and we know that th Princess of Wales had an operation on her stomache, not, cancer and that is all.

personally, I do not see why we should have even that much information.

eazybee Sun 11-Feb-24 10:49:30

Having seen the amount of speculation that the announcement about the King's cancer diagnosis engendered I can understand the reluctance to release no more than the basic details.

dragonfly46 Mon 12-Feb-24 08:02:14

We don’t need to know the details in either case. I just hope both have a successful outcome.

BigBertha1 Mon 12-Feb-24 09:45:22

My money is on a bowel op- extreme thinness before may point to some kind of malabsorption disorder I thought but I could be wrong often am.

Witzend Mon 12-Feb-24 09:49:06

rafichagran

Anniebach

No it's not, and her medical condition is no one's business. I find people speculating on it both intrusive and wrong.

Me too.

OldFrill Mon 12-Feb-24 17:36:40

I don't think she's 'extremely thin' l think the majority of people are overweight and can't recognise a healthy body shape (or don't want to)