Gransnet forums

News & politics

Scarlet Blake

(169 Posts)
Mollygo Mon 26-Feb-24 22:45:58

Murderous, violent killer Scarlet Blake is to be held in a male prison! At last some acknowledgement that putting TW in female prisons is wrong.

SueDonim Mon 26-Feb-24 22:47:59

And will their crimes go down as being committed by females or males?

Callistemon21 Mon 26-Feb-24 22:51:23

BBC reported that Scarlet Blake is transgender and will serve his sentence in a men's prison.

ITV did not, nor did they mention the men's prison, still allowing viewers to believe that it was a woman which carried out this despicable act.

Mollygo Mon 26-Feb-24 22:52:22

SueDonim

That’s a good question. They’re still referring to him as she, probably from fear.

MayBee70 Mon 26-Feb-24 22:54:03

I couldn’t understand how a woman had been able to overpower a man and murder him in such a way.

Callistemon21 Mon 26-Feb-24 22:54:53

SueDonim

Interesting question.

I was surprised to hear about this on ITV at lunch-time and puzzled how a woman could follow and overcome a young, strong-looking man, a stranger, and murder him.

RIP Jorge Carreno

Callistemon21 Mon 26-Feb-24 22:55:28

X post, MayBee

AmberSpyglass Mon 26-Feb-24 22:57:39

I find Scarlett Blake’s crimes loathsome. But I believe trans women are women, and her crimes don’t detract from that.

Galaxy Mon 26-Feb-24 23:01:48

In my view it is further abuse of victims and their families to lie about the perpetrator in this way.
The Guardian, the BBC are all laughing stocks, how on earth are we supposed to trust them on other issues

Callistemon21 Mon 26-Feb-24 23:02:22

Blake also identifies as a cat occasionally.

Mollygo Mon 26-Feb-24 23:07:45

AmberSpyglass

I find Scarlett Blake’s crimes loathsome. But I believe trans women are women, and her crimes don’t detract from that.

He’s a male. Male crimes should be recorded as male crimes, however the perpetrator chooses to identify and whatever they believe.

Callistemon21 Mon 26-Feb-24 23:24:45

Mollygo

AmberSpyglass

He’s a male. Male crimes should be recorded as male crimes, however the perpetrator chooses to identify and whatever they believe.

He's a male with the strength to carry out such a heinous crime.
Obviously not a woman and not identifying as a cat at the time.

Mollygo Mon 26-Feb-24 23:38:24

And by claiming to be a TW (though not a cat this time) his actions have struck yet another blow against the lives all those peace loving, harmless transwomen.

Doodledog Mon 26-Feb-24 23:50:50

I was furious to hear the BBC refer to Blake as 'she'. Why, even after they have committed despicable crimes, are we coerced into going along with the AGP fantasies of people like this?

It's very much a step in the right direction that Blake is going to a male prison, but the cynic in me wonders whether if Nicola Sturgeon hadn't fallen from grace the outcome would have been the same. Women in general, and female prisoners in particular, are seldom at the top of any priority list these days. It's so depressing.

Bridie22 Tue 27-Feb-24 06:53:34

Another one furious here that news media , bbc in particular and certain papers constantly referred to him as woman/ her/she, He is Male, he hasn't transitioned to female , this horrendous crime should be reported as a male crime and he is hopefully jailed in a male prison.
Media of all types need their reporting descriptors regulated so they tell the truth, this man also identified as a cat , how can that be taken as truth.

TerriBull Tue 27-Feb-24 08:46:39

He is so obviously a he, why do so many media outlets pander to identifying him as she and worse still the crime committed will possibly be recorded as being carried out by a woman which is a distortion of the truth. Would those who insist on calling him a woman intermittently refer to him as "the feline" if that facet of his personality became predominant, just pandering to the propesterous. The crime he committed was heinous and before that, the poor animal he tortured and killed. Psychopaths so often start with animals first, what a hateful individualhmm

Iam64 Tue 27-Feb-24 08:59:28

Blake is referred to as she in the guardian, daily mail and bbc. He is to serve his sentence in the male prison estate thankfully.

Will his crimes be recorded as having been committed by a woman though. Unlike Amber Spyglass, it matters to me that crimes committed by trans women are not recorded as female crimes. Is it impossible to have a section for the crimes of trans women? They certainly figure in sex offences and the last thing we need is the argument that women can be violent/be perpetrators of sex offences being raised with this as ‘proof’

Sago Tue 27-Feb-24 09:03:39

Thank heavens for his ex girlfriend in America who alerted the UK Police.

Mollygo Tue 27-Feb-24 09:18:21

Iam64
Is it impossible to have a section for the crimes of trans women?

Failing the use of truth-that transwomen are male and their crimes should be recorded as such, your suggestion is a good one. Better in some ways because it would clearly identify/call attention to, the violent crimes committed by some males posing as women.

They certainly figure in sex offences and the last thing we need is the argument that women can be violent/be perpetrators of sex offences being raised with this as ‘proof’

I wonder how many posts there will be before that usual argument appears.
We know not all transwomen are like Mr Blake, but his actions are damaging to how people think of transwomen.

M0nica Tue 27-Feb-24 10:03:08

I fully accept that Scarlett Blake is a Trans woman, but when deciding where people go into a situation which involves physical care then it is physical attributes that should be the deciding factor.

As far as I can understand Scarlett Blake is still physically a man with penis and gonads and nothing has been said about her taking any hormone drugs that could affect her performing, sexually, as a man, should she choose.

I think the judge was right to send her to a male prison. Had she undergone surgery to make her genitalia physically female, and had she been taking hormones to make her body behave as if it was female then the situation may have been different.

tickingbird Tue 27-Feb-24 10:13:44

Good! I’m pleased the psychopathic sadist is going where he belongs in a men’s’ prison.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 27-Feb-24 10:20:24

This man should be thrown in a dark cell and the key thrown away for what he done to the poor innocent cat (as a cat person when I read the details it reduced me to tears) As for the murder, life should in this case mean life.

We have to stop this pretence that if a man puts on a dress, heels and plasters his face with makeup they have the right to call themselves a woman.

We have many gay friends, along with what used to be called a cross dresser, one of my best friends has an Uncle who 30 plus years has dressed as a women, in his words he abhors this transgender nonsense

Callistemon21 Tue 27-Feb-24 10:26:17

Iam64

Blake is referred to as she in the guardian, daily mail and bbc. He is to serve his sentence in the male prison estate thankfully.

Will his crimes be recorded as having been committed by a woman though. Unlike Amber Spyglass, it matters to me that crimes committed by trans women are not recorded as female crimes. Is it impossible to have a section for the crimes of trans women? They certainly figure in sex offences and the last thing we need is the argument that women can be violent/be perpetrators of sex offences being raised with this as ‘proof’

👏👏👏

It is not intolerance that demands this should not be recorded as a crime by a woman.
It is a truth and, as Mollygo said And by claiming to be a TW (though not a cat this time) his actions have struck yet another blow against the lives all those peace loving, harmless transwomen.

GrannyGravy13 Tue 27-Feb-24 10:33:38

👇

Iam64 Tue 27-Feb-24 10:34:36

It’s sad that it’s so true gg13