Gransnet forums

News & politics

So just how do you spot a member of Hamas?

(12 Posts)
CvD66 Wed 28-Feb-24 08:52:51

Recent reports are claiming the 31000 deaths in Gaza is OK because 11,000 of these are Hamas fighters. But how do they know? Do they all have: 'I’m a Hamas fighter' tattooed on their chest? Can you image how horrific it must be to be a mother in Gaza at the moment where all males are considered to be Hamas fighters! Short of finding someone carrying a gun or actually fighting, there is no means of identifying - yet the IDF shoot anyone, lemon sellers, innocent civilians, anyone! With Netanyahu’s claim he won't stop until all Hamas are killed, his genocide plans couldn’t be more clear!

foxie48 Wed 28-Feb-24 09:10:06

Absolutely no idea! They shot three escaped hostages despite them waving flags etc do I reckon any male who comes in the line of sight will get shot by the IDF. I just hope they don't go into Rafah. I shall be interested to see what effect the current primary in Michigan will have. The only way to stop the killing is for the US to stop supplying the arms.

eazybee Wed 28-Feb-24 09:36:02

I have yet to see any demonstration expressing the slightest desire to eradicate the power of Hamas over Gaza.

maddyone Wed 28-Feb-24 10:37:23

I don’t know how you identify a member of Hamas. I know the Israelis have a lot of information on Hamas so they often know where the leaders are, but that’s different from spotting a Hamas supporter in the crowd. So the answer is I don’t know.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 28-Feb-24 11:27:28

Clearly from the amount if children killed neither does the IDF.

keepingquiet Wed 28-Feb-24 11:32:57

I think they all have moushtaches and wear black and white check headscarves.
Of course the Israelis know who they are, but they want the entire palestinian people eradicated so its in their interest to stop bombing children.

Oreo Wed 28-Feb-24 12:24:04

They wear black uniforms with hamas insignia but being cowards they dress as every other man in Gaza when they want to.
Many are still living in the tunnels apparently.

meddijess Wed 28-Feb-24 12:46:31

Good answer Oreo. I would add 'Like the rats they are'. All this misery has been caused by the actions of Hamas. How can any intelligent person have sympathy for them? They have stolen tens of millions in aid supposed to go to the people of Gaza - their leaders are living in luxury in Qatar on the proceeds. Perhaps they will pay when it's time to rebuild Gaza. I doubt it though.

maddyone Wed 28-Feb-24 12:59:29

Oreo

They wear black uniforms with hamas insignia but being cowards they dress as every other man in Gaza when they want to.
Many are still living in the tunnels apparently.

Yes, but they only wear that when they’re engaged in killing sprees such as 7/10. Otherwise, as you say Oreo, they wear normal clothes and and that’s why I said I don’t know how they can be identified.
I saw a picture on the news last night and it showed the inside of one of the tunnels and there was a long row of beds all down the tunnel. That’s how Hamas fighters survive and leave the women and children to take the flak.

keepingquiet Wed 28-Feb-24 13:05:23

meddijess

Good answer Oreo. I would add 'Like the rats they are'. All this misery has been caused by the actions of Hamas. How can any intelligent person have sympathy for them? They have stolen tens of millions in aid supposed to go to the people of Gaza - their leaders are living in luxury in Qatar on the proceeds. Perhaps they will pay when it's time to rebuild Gaza. I doubt it though.

I don't know anyone who has any sympathy for Hamas whatsoever, but sympathy with the innocent people caught up in the slaughter in Gaza? Yes a lot of sympathy for them.
How do we know the difference? Ask the Israelis- they know.

Grantanow Wed 28-Feb-24 13:48:08

Some of them carry weapons and shoot at you.

Grantanow Wed 28-Feb-24 13:49:39

And others live in great luxury in Qatar.