Gransnet forums

Chat

Embarrassing moments...

(35 Posts)
supernana Tue 10-May-11 17:38:46

Care to share? blush

helshea Tue 07-Jun-11 06:16:08

The same thing has happened to me with the toilet door.. on a train that was packed and there were people stood outside in the corridor.. i wanted the toilet to suck me up! Another time, I was walking through the factory at work on my way to the canteen with about four other people when I felt something around my ankles tripping me up, yes you have guessed it, there on the floor were my knickers. Id obviously taken them off with my trousers and left them inside the leg.. I picked them up quick and carried on, but it was definitley a scene that was talked about for ages after.

katesheilaskate Thu 09-Jun-11 20:27:37

I was in that loo last year - really scary. There were notices saying that use of the loo was time limited. I didn't know if it meant the door would open when I was in there, or if I would get locked in if I took too long!

cherryblossom Fri 10-Jun-11 16:08:10

I was just days away from giving birth to my son and we were driving home from London. I was uncomfortable so unzipped my skirt.
We stopped for petrol I got out to stretch my legs and my skirt promptly feel around my ankles exposing both my bump and knickers. I laughed so much that I nearly wet myself the forecourt was full of soldiers coming home on leave. :-))

Squaredancer Fri 10-Jun-11 17:39:51

My worst moment was as a new member of the local camera club. Went to the loo before the presentation dinner and got the hem of my dress tucked in my tights! What a photo opportunity! One of the men whispered in my ear and after my initial shock we all had a good laugh. They were kind enough not to mention it again, and I am now paranoid after visiting the toilet wearing flowing skirts.

lucid Sat 11-Jun-11 13:35:27

Gosh...I haven't laughed so much in ages....thanks to all who shared their moments grin

JessM Sat 11-Jun-11 16:44:17

Talking of Freudian slips I once referred to a colleague called Rod as... Dick. Fortunately not to his face.

Great thread this. OK see if I can dredge up this embarrassing one from a few decades back. Cringe. You lot will probably find it funny.

Having a weekend away with ex husband (he wasnt ex then) in Pembroke while my mum looked after the kids. Staying in a glorified pub. Has sex in the afternoon, as you do. Ex husband - yuk - left a - yuk - PINK durex - yuk - used one - on the sink - yuk etc.

Later on we returned to the hotel and realised we had locked the key in the room. Turns out no-one in the hotel has a spare one but the owner has one and he is drinking in another pub somewhere in town. Ex goes off to look for him and I find a quiet corner in the bar.
Ex comes back, eventually, with tipsy owner. They are now best friends. Does ex manage to get key off him - no. Do I manage to take evasive action - no. Does the owner usher us up to the room open the door, stand aside and say goodnight. No he has to come in too. He didn't stay long though! blush

helshea Sun 12-Jun-11 16:48:37

yuk! shock

absentgrana Mon 20-Jun-11 16:38:12

Knickers falling down round my ankles in Harrods. Just stepped out of them and put them in my handbag, but face – and bottom – were blush.

Peeing behind a tree in an apparently deserted field in France when a hay wagon came along the road with a group of Frenchmen perched on top shouting "Vive les anglaises".

A friend went back to work in quite a senior position after looking after her four children in infancy. At a business lunch, she leaned over and carefully cut up the client's meat. confused blush shock

greenmossgiel Tue 21-Jun-11 15:16:33

My lovely dreamy granddaughter was working in Argos over the Christmas season one year. The staff had decided that it would be good fun to wear fancy dress on a particular day. My granddaughter was quite excited by this idea and secretly planned her outfit, discussing it with no-one else. She travelled on the bus, fully dressed in the outfit, only to discover when she arrived that the rest of the staff were dressed as assorted pretty Santas. My granddaughter had dressed as a pirate..with a moustache..!. grin